Brodie's Leather-N-Stitches

Own your own shop and want to promote some of you services to us? Maybe you made a deal with a company that if enough people buy a certain product they'll give everyone a cheaper price. Let everyone know about it here.
supertrick_05
2GN Member

Brodie's Leather-N-Stitches

Post by supertrick_05 » Mon May 19, 2008 7:34 pm

Hey guys! I know some of you have seen my work on here...and I have heard a few say that they want this, that and the other thing done as well. I am offering you my services with a few options of shift boots, re-stitched factory leather shift knobs and steering wheels, and covered e-brake handles.

New leather/stitched boot:

Re-stitched factory boot:

Re-stitched steering wheel

Leather-covered e-brake handle

There are also various "in-the-making" pics, as well as customer-provided pictures throughout the thread.

Prices are as follows:

95-05 SRT-4 SHIFT BOOTS (you provide boot)
A re-stitched SRT shift boot (new stitching only): $35 shipped
A totally new SRT shift boot (new leather/double stitching):$50 shipped

95-04 RT/ACR LEATHER SHIFT KNOBS (you provide knob)
A re-stitched FACTORY LEATHER shift knob - $25

95-05 RT/ACR/SRT-4 STEERING WHEELS (you provide wheel)
A re-stitched FACTORY LEATHER steering wheel: $80 shipped

ARMRESTS (vinyl only) (you provide armrest)
Wrapping factory armrest with double stitching and foam padding: $110 shipped

LEATHER E-BRAKE HANDLE
(you provide handle)
Leather with double stitch: $85

If you want to order more than one item, let me know and we can work on a PACKAGE DEAL price.

Thread colors available for shift boots with new leather
Blue
Red
Silver
White
Black

Thread colors available for re-stitched shift boots/shift knobs/steering wheels
http://www.store.jewelsinfiber.com/nylon.html

If you are interested or have any questions, please PM me. Thanks!

-Brodie

NOTE: I will NOT be re-wrapping steering wheels or shift knobs in new leather, so don't make any inquiries about it. It's been tried and failed twice, and it's just a major headache and would cost a lot of money to do.
    Last edited by supertrick_05 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:42 am, edited 31 times in total.

LilSparkPlug
    2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Mon May 19, 2008 7:38 pm

Yup yup I'll be the messenger :) I'll be checking this a few times daily to relay messages and such.

supertrick_05
    2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Mon May 19, 2008 7:55 pm

Thanks hun, I knew I could count on you :)
    -Brodie
    2002 Dodge Neon ACR - Needs LOTS of love, but I'm gonna slowly get her to where she deserves to be :)

Nutmeg
    2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Mon May 19, 2008 8:24 pm

Would these work with any shifter? Idea on price?

supertrick_05
    2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:51 pm

Yes, I believe they would work with any shifter. The only thing I definately need is either a trim ring from an SRT-4 boot or a full SRT boot. The SXT and R/T boots have no trim ring to clip onto the console. I'm looking into the trim rings to see if I can get those separately.

The price would depend on if I could get the trim rings separate, or if I would have to get the whole SRT shift boot and how much they would be. Otherwise, if you already had an SRT shift boot, you'd just send it to me and I'd redo it.
    -Brodie
    2002 Dodge Neon ACR - Needs LOTS of love, but I'm gonna slowly get her to where she deserves to be :)

Nutmeg
    2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Mon May 19, 2008 9:22 pm

I just need a shift boot in general. A nice one would be better. Anyway, keep us updated. :thumbup:

supertrick_05
    2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Mon May 19, 2008 10:59 pm

Well I can tell you that a stock SRT-4 shift boot is $40 from the dealer...
    -Brodie

onewickedkid05
    2GN Member

Post by onewickedkid05 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:16 pm

are you going to make them like the one you made or is it possible to maybe get on in black leather with red stitching. How much do you think these will run
    CLICK HERE TO SEE MY PROJECT LOG
    viewtopic.php?t=29281

Image[/u]

supertrick_05
    2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Tue May 20, 2008 7:16 am

Well I can't just order the trim ring, so the shift boot from Mopar is $40. And yes, I can do black with whatever color stitching you want. I already have some samples of threads that I can use. Black leather is the only color I have available to me as of right now.

As things are going right now, I would see two options...

1. If you had an SRT-4 shift boot, you can send it to me and I would redo it in black leather and whatever color stitching you wanted. I figured the price would be $60.

2. If you didn't have a shift boot, I would either try to find one used for a good price, or would buy one from the dealership. If went through the dealership, price would be about $100.

That's how it looks to be at the moment, but things can always change.
    -Brodie

anomalous0
    2GN Member

Post by anomalous0 » Wed May 21, 2008 3:19 am

man that just looks SICK as HELL. I want one
    "If you haven't bled on it, it's not your car"

BlackRoseRacing
    2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Wed May 21, 2008 5:49 am

Sweet deal, something other than the SRT imitation CF leather boot would be nice! And for those wondering, the SRT style clips to the rim of the center console while the SXT style uses retainers to mount the boot to the shifter assembly...

supertrick_05
    2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Wed May 21, 2008 7:12 am

Yes, it will NOT be imitation carbon. I hate that stuff as well. Anyways, if you are interested, please let me know and I'll put you down on a list and we can see if this can happen. The prices in the above post is what you would pay with or with out the SRT boot.
    -Brodie

Fuzzyneon
    2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:54 am

Im down id pick one up asap Lol
    Member of Spork Racing
    2002 Dodge Neon
    Frankenstien

supertrick_05
    2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:12 am

I guess I won't be doing a group buy or anything, since there doesn't seem to be much interest. But, I will do them for people who request one. Right now isnt a good time, since the people at my work are always taking up the sewing machines, but I'll let you know when they become more available for my personal use.
    -Brodie

Fuzzyneon
    2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:08 am

supertrick_05 wrote:I guess I won't be doing a group buy or anything, since there doesn't seem to be much interest. But, I will do them for people who request one. Right now isnt a good time, since the people at my work are always taking up the sewing machines, but I'll let you know when they become more available for my personal use.
    keep us updated im literately ready to buy one whenever you're ready to produce them
    Member of Spork Racing
    2002 Dodge Neon
    Frankenstien

Nutmeg
    2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:53 am

supertrick_05 wrote:I guess I won't be doing a group buy or anything, since there doesn't seem to be much interest. But, I will do them for people who request one. Right now isnt a good time, since the people at my work are always taking up the sewing machines, but I'll let you know when they become more available for my personal use.
    Bloody sweatshops.

Mr Josh Zombie
    2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:56 am

hm... i might just send my boot off for you to re-stitch red

when i get around to doing the interior of my car i'll hit you up
    Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

contagious18
    2010 Silver Contributor

Post by contagious18 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:28 am

im interested
    Antagonist crew| Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000031
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2569968
    http://contagious209.mybrute.com

supertrick_05
    2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:19 pm

Alright people, I did my 1st "job", so to speak. A guy on the SRT forums. He wanted a black boot with red stitching. I found out that the thread I bought, as well as the swatches, cannot be run through a sewing machine, as it has wax in it and makes it stiff. It's made for hand-sewing only. So we had red stitching in stock at work, so I used that thread instead. It wasn't as thick as the hand-sewing thread, but it worked. It also took WAY too long to complete. Right when I recieved his SRT boot, we just started making new seat covers for Cirrus Design airplanes and I could NOT get on a machine to save my life!

Anyways, here's the pics of the finished product:

Test fitting it in my car:

I think it came out pretty good. I'm also going to redo mine, since the one I just made for the SRT guy was much taller than mine, and I like it taller. I may end up trying to find a used SRT boot and then sell mine. Who knows? Anyways, the only colors I can make right now are red, silver, and black stitching. If anyone is SEROUSLY interested, let me know. I cannot put a set time of completion, since the machine availablilty is unpredictable. I will get a machine of my own someday, but not anytime soon...they're not cheap!

The prices and colors of thread are updated on the first post.
    -Brodie

z3roneo
    2GN Member

Post by z3roneo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:42 pm

Looks real good... lemme know when you get some blue threading... :thumbup:
    2000 2.4L Turbocharged Neon (The Monster)
    2005 5.7L Hemi Jeep Grand Cherokee (SRT8 Clone)

supertrick_05
    2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:44 pm

Oh, you know what? We do have blue thread...I just have to look at it and see what it looks like against black leather. I'll let ya know!
    -Brodie

Maddog
    2GN Member

Post by Maddog » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:59 pm

Brodie, that's some nice work!
    If you are looking for 2nd gen boot frames, as well as 1st gen boot frames, I have...many. Maybe work a trade of some sort?

Hit me back with a PM if you're interested.
    '02 Flame Red SXR/T

(sorry, no link on banner)

Complete Short Throw Shifters sold here! Custom work available!
    PM or email aclnes55@yahoo.com for more information.

supertrick_05
    2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:08 pm

Updated 1st post with pictures of the available colors. Hope to have more sometime in the near future!

And Maddog, I'm PM'ing you now :)
    -Brodie

supertrick_05
    2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:49 pm

Update! I started on Maddog's shift boot, as well as z3roneo's boot today. I did z3roneo's boot completely (still need his stock shift boot) because I've never seen the black with blue stitching, so i was curious...but to my dismay, I found a few little needle holes in the seam that shouldn't be there. He probably wouldn't see them, but I did, and that's a problem for me. So I'm going to redo that one. I also ran into a problem with Maddog's as well. He wanted the boot to be the same size as the stock SRT-4, so I traced around a piece of stock SRT-4 leather I had, but it must have shrunk, cuz the pieces I have stitched, the hole for the shaft to come out won't be quite big enough, so I'm going to have to make a lil bit wider template. Anyways, here's the progress pictures:

Maddog's boot (the two flat pieces), z3roneo's boot (completed one), and another project for a dear friend of mine :)

Maddog's parts:

Close-up of stitching:

z3roneo's completed boot:

Close-up of stitching:

I will have more pics up as I progress in the projects.
    -Brodie

z3roneo
    2GN Member

Post by z3roneo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:20 pm

Dude thats fing sexy as hell... Are you gonna be doing the Center Console Top as well???
    2000 2.4L Turbocharged Neon (The Monster)
    2005 5.7L Hemi Jeep Grand Cherokee (SRT8 Clone)

supertrick_05
    2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:45 pm

Thanks dude! I'm guessing you're talking about the armrest. Yes, that is for the very lovely LilSparkPlug...she scratched my back, so I'm scratching hers. Btw if you're reading this hun, that white foam I was using before peeled off the armrest over the weekend, so my boss is letting me buy some real dense foam from him and that is MUCH easier to form, so we are waiting on that load of foam to come in and that project will start up again :)

Also, the armrest was a request from her becuase she hooked me up with some goodies...I am not planning on doing armrests for people...at least not yet. I may in the future, but for now, do not request them, as I will not take them at this point in time.

Anyways, I scrapped Maddog's 1st attempt at a shift boot and restarted from square one. I am happy to report that I finished it and I'm very happy with the outcome! Here's a few pics:

Now all I need is him to ship me his stocker boot and I'll rip off the stock leather and apply the new leather boot to the frame and ship it back to him.
    -Brodie

supertrick_05
    2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:33 pm

Well I got Maddog's shift boot done and sent out to him a few weeks ago. From what I've heard, he is satisfied with it :) He hasn't gotten around to getting some installed pics, but once he does, I'll post 'em up for all to see.

On another note, a guy from the SRT forums sent me his boot and should arrive hopefully on Monday. The boot is already sewn up...just needs to be installed and sent back to him. I'll update more when the info comes at me. Stay tuned!
    -Brodie

supertrick_05
    2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:13 pm

Another update and completed boot! This one belongs to sphipps from SRT Forums. It's a black boot with blue stitching and came out great! I'm currently awaiting his response to the pics I send and a completed payment in my PayPal account and I'll send his boot off to him. Here's the pics of the completed boot. Enjoy!

-Brodie

Maddog
    2GN Member

Post by Maddog » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:27 pm

Quite happy w/my boot. Still waiting for wife to get some pics (she has a new camera, she won't let anyone use it but her :roll: ).
    '02 Flame Red SXR/T

(sorry, no link on banner)

Complete Short Throw Shifters sold here! Custom work available!
    PM or email aclnes55@yahoo.com for more information.

supertrick_05
    2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:06 pm

Chuck, you need to get a camera of your own...they're cheaper than cheap! LoL!
    -Brodie

Return to “Vendors / Group Buys”