SRT PCM Swap Service

Own your own shop and want to promote some of you services to us? Maybe you made a deal with a company that if enough people buy a certain product they'll give everyone a cheaper price. Let everyone know about it here.
NiteHawk
2GN Member

SRT PCM Swap Service

Post by NiteHawk » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Ok everyone. Lots of you have seen/followed the 2.4 computer in a 2.0 thread. I'm officially offering this as a service for anybody interested.

First, I would like to say that I don't recommend this for NA 2.0's as the gains from being able to tune are minimal, and MegaSquirt will be a perfectly viable option for those of you who don't require emissions. BUT, if anyone with an NA neon still wishes to pursue this route, keep reading

Here's the benefits:
- WOT Adjustability through your Diablosport Predator / Trinity / inTune
- KNOCK SENSOR... You'll be able to monitor knock on your car without the addition of other devices
- More precise tuning of your vehicle
- PCM Boost Control, should you choose to use it
- Get the power you deserve from your mods, no more fear of NGC robbing you of power gains
- No installation or wiring headaches.... I'll take care of all of that for you.
- FREE retunes as long as the setup stays the same

Here at FJ Performance, we charge $65/hr for installing the pcm, reworking your wiring, etc, basically getting the car setup to run the SRT computer. We make sure that all of your accessories work, as there's wiring differences for the sensors and A/C system. The tune itself is $500, which includes both dyno tuning for WOT as well as street tuning for driveability, fuel mileage, and part throttle response.

As a reference, Jeremy's R/T with a built motor and a (less than desireable) Hahn 16G turbo made 312HP and 334TQ on 91 octane and only 21psi of boost, with plenty left on the table both in timing and boost pressure. His build consisted of only a forged bottom end with no head work, stock cam, stock throttle body, the hahn sidewinder front mount, and a hot air intake on the turbo. Because of where his turbo sits so low in the engine bay, the only option was a small filter right on the turbo, no more than 6" away from his downpipe... Obviously, there's LOTS of room to grow on his car, so imagine what else we could pull out of it :)

I will need your car for some time, so if this is your DD and you don't have another vehicle to drive, or can't make other arrangements, this might not be a good option for you. The reason I need the car as long as I do is to install/modify the wiring necessary, and tune the vehicle. The tune takes at least a week because of how much I change in the PCM...lots of driving both on the street and the dyno... I know others will say there's not much you need to do, but I'm a firm believer that if you're going to do it, you should do it right and not leave some things to chance. So that being said, I put a LOT of time into each pcm swap tune to make sure it's right before you take the car back.

This service will be by appointment only, so please call or PM me to schedule your swap.

If you have any questions at all, shoot me a PM and I'll answer them as soon as possible for you.

Thanks!

Matt
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

Fuel systems turbo kits and components, tuning, performance parts. Contact us for all of your performance needs.

NiteHawk
2GN Member

Post by NiteHawk » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:49 pm

I would also like to add...

Please make sure your car is mechanically sound prior to bringing it out for the service to avoid additional costs of repair.

For boosted cars, also consider these mods to get the most out of your pcm swap and get the most power you can:

- 3" Catless downpipe and exhaust
- Larger than stock or ported throttle body
- Aftermarket cam
- Big front mount intercooler

If you have a Hahn bottom mount turbo kit, consider switching to an ASP SOHC turbo manifold so you can use a 3" SRT4 intake.

One last thing. This service will only work for 03-05 motors because of the crank and cam triggers. If you have a first gen or 00-02, you would have to swap to an 03+ motor.
Matt Cresto
Fueled By Matt
Fueling Your Passion

Fuel systems turbo kits and components, tuning, performance parts. Contact us for all of your performance needs.

Return to “Vendors / Group Buys”