Issue: E-Mail Notifications to Hotmail E-Mail Users

If we make changes, if the boards will be down, or if we just want to let everyone know about something, we'll be posting it here.
Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Issue: E-Mail Notifications to Hotmail E-Mail Users

Post by Diablo0 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:46 am

I have a good feeling that most, if not all, people that are using a Hotmail address are probably not receiving any sort of e-mail notifications such as PMs, Topics, Validation E-mails for new users, ect...

For some very strange reason all 2GN e-mail addresses have been blacklisted from the Hotmail servers but have notified the appropriate people to resolve this problem. Once the problem has been fixed you should start to receive your notification e-mails again.

As for any new users that haven't received their activation e-mails due to this I will be resending them ASAP once the problem is fixed. Please be sure to check your Junk E-Mail folder as it could be filtered into there as Spam. If you would like to contact me directly about your account you may do so at Admin @ 2GN.org and I'll be more than happy to try and help get you activation and posting on the forum. :)

Sorry for the inconvenience but the problem should be resolved shortly.

Thanks,
Jason

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:28 am

This issue should now be resolved, Thank You!

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:00 pm

If you use hotmail as your e-mail address in your profile please contact me ASAP with a new non-hotmail e-mail address. Do not change it yourself or your account will be deactivated, if myself or Mike (03sxt) do it then you won't have a problem. So DO NOT change it yourself and instead please contact myself or 03sxt with a new e-mail address.

2GN address are being blacklisted by Hotmail due to them thinking the standard e-mails are spam. This is in turn making my host uneasy threaten to remove 2GN due to these spam complaints.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

03sxt
Former Jr. Admin

Post by 03sxt » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:35 pm

Yes, please contact either of us to have it updated.

If you need to, contact me directly via e-mail as I might see that before I see my private messages: mike|at|highbrowmedia.com

Thanks!

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:00 pm

Just an FYI, next week I will be changing all hotmail addresses on the forum to something else. At that time you will need to update your e-mail addresses to continue to receive e-mails from the forum.

Right now with how the e-mail settings are setup on the forum it's not working 100% correctly to where I feel comfortable about how it's setup.

In order for me to go back to how it was before I need to prevent all e-mails going out to Hotmail users so it doesn't come back to bite me again. :(

It's not something I really want to do but in order to keep 2GN out of the crosshairs of being suspended again this is something I have to do. :(
-Jason
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:37 pm

All Hotmail and MSN e-mails have been changed. If you are not receiving any e-mails to your Hotmail or MSN account that would be why ;)

Please check your profile and update to another e-mail address through another provider to continue receiving e-mail notifications.
-Jason

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Sun May 13, 2007 1:43 pm

Just going to bump this for everyone to remind them to change their e-mail address if you use Hotmail or MSN.

Thanks!
-Jason

Return to “News”