Forum Outage - April 1-2, 2008 - More may follow

If we make changes, if the boards will be down, or if we just want to let everyone know about something, we'll be posting it here.
Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Forum Outage - April 1-2, 2008 - More may follow

Post by Diablo0 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:02 am

Hello Everyone,

Some of you may be wondering why 1GN.org and 2GN.org forums went down. Well, once again my hosting company has reason to believe than my domain may be the cause of the server being blacklisted. It's taken a few days to get anywhere with them due to their response time to support tickets but we may have it resolved as I took a few lines of code out of the forum which aided in stopping spam bots. There is a chance this may not be resolved though since by the sound of it, they aren't even really sure if my domains are the cause to begin with. I have re-enabled the forum to use as normal so they can keep an eye on it again as it functions normally. However, they have said if they see anything they will suspend the account(s). Hopefully it does not come to it but it is a possibility while they monitor the site.

I appologize very much for all of this... I didn't intend on this happening. I pretty much just woke up to it Sunday morning to find all of this.

As for the Error 500 some of you were seeing yesterday. That was a simple fix once I got home. Some how the index.php file for the forum had changed file permissions to 000 where it should be 644. I just had to delete the file and reupload it from a backed up copy.

Also, so you are all aware, last night I spent majority of the night backing up the database which I do quite frequently anyway so if anything should happen... all the information as or right now on the forum has been backed up. God forbid anything would happen to the database due to the problem above and my hosting company, I have a backup just in case.

-Jason
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

Return to “News”