Database Lost - Forum Updated

If we make changes, if the boards will be down, or if we just want to let everyone know about something, we'll be posting it here.
Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Database Lost - Forum Updated

Post by Diablo0 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:55 pm

As many of you can see, the forum has been updated/changed to the newest version of phpBB.

There's one problem though and that is the database that contains all the post data of the forum was lost and there wasn't a recent backup since 2015. This was totally my fault but hopefully we can keep going where we left off. A lot of users have left for Facebook groups so I don't feel there was a TON of data lost but there was a huge loss, none-the-less.

It's sad to see so much gone, but the forum will live on. There is a slew of information on here. Part Numbers. How-Tos. Questions. So much that is irreplaceable. So if anything, I didn't lose everything and plan to keep the forum going, even if most have migrated to Facebook.

One day I hope to see the traffic return from Facebook and go back to the roots of the forum and club.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

Return to “News”