got R/T sides....no mounting hardware?

Got a question on outside appearance modifications. Questions about body kits, exterior lighting, just anything thats a visual mod on the "exterior" of the car. Ask those questions here.
jake_tim
2GN Member

got R/T sides....no mounting hardware?

Post by jake_tim » Wed May 28, 2008 4:59 pm

I ordered some r/t side skirts from this guy and the mounting hardware wasnt included....what can I do to attach them?

-Jacob

teamliviD
ECN Moderator

Post by teamliviD » Wed May 28, 2008 5:03 pm

3m tape and a few self tapping screws
Joe
team liviD
2K5 Black SRT-4
2K2 Black R/T..thats right I'm bringing her back!!
2K6 Red Charger R/T

ECN v2.0 IS HERE.....
Support 2gn! viewtopic.php?t=39019

billm0066
2GN Member

Post by billm0066 » Wed May 28, 2008 5:05 pm

The mounting hardware are just screws that go into the body of the car. Not sure of size, but were short with a little bit of wax or some type of sealant on the tips. There are also piece of plastic that screw into the side that hold it up. Im sure you can find a way to make it stay up, but I think those plastic pieces are pretty important.

DouglasSXT
2GN Member

Re: got R/T sides....no mounting hardware?

Post by DouglasSXT » Wed May 28, 2008 5:08 pm

jake_tim wrote:I ordered some r/t side skirts from this guy and the mounting hardware wasnt included....what can I do to attach them?

-Jacob
If you come up with a solution, please let me know as well... I have the same issue.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Wed May 28, 2008 5:31 pm

I have had folks ask me this before. I hate to say this, but it will be....difficult.

There are 2 plastic strips that the top part of the side skirts hook into. Those strips are either screwed or riveted to the rocker. The problem is that the plastic strips are not available separately. I have tried to get them from the original supplier with no success. The company that made them stopped production of these years ago and any chance that they had any extra hardware laying around are gone.

I don't know a good way around it myself. Anyone?
Last edited by Danteneon on Wed May 28, 2008 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

SILVER-ES

Post by SILVER-ES » Wed May 28, 2008 6:01 pm

When Cassi had her neon we got R/T skirts and ran into the same thing. We just used 3m adhesive along the length of the skirt/body and put two screws at each end into the fender. Held up great.

InfinityAudio
2GN Member

Post by InfinityAudio » Wed May 28, 2008 6:20 pm

SILVER-ES wrote:When Cassi had her neon we got R/T skirts and ran into the same thing. We just used 3m adhesive along the length of the skirt/body and put two screws at each end into the fender. Held up great.
:rockon:

welchspro
2GN Member

Post by welchspro » Wed May 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Currently, my skirts are held in at either end with screws, and double sided tape the length of the skirt like Sliver Es said. If you wanna get REALLY ghetto, instead of screws you could use those plastic x-mas tree lookin push-in fasteners lol. try to get the screws though. :D
--John

Drive It Till It Dies Member #16

jake_tim
2GN Member

Post by jake_tim » Wed May 28, 2008 8:51 pm

ok, do you use screws for the holes that are on the bottoms? and just screw into that panel? and what is this 3m adhesive tape? haha, just strong double sided tape?

-Jacob

SILVER-ES

Post by SILVER-ES » Wed May 28, 2008 9:19 pm

Yes, the 3m adhesive is esstentially super strong double sided tape. The only place we put screws were on the very ends in the wheel well/fender area. We put the adhesive along both the top and bottom edges of the side skirt and then stuck it to the car.

jake_tim
2GN Member

Post by jake_tim » Wed May 28, 2008 9:24 pm

hmm... and thats not ghetto at all. :rofl: Just kidding. ill probably buy some for the time being. I just dont like the sound of tape basically holding on my side skirts.

Would I be stupid to just use self tapping screws and screw right into the panels?

-Jacob

SILVER-ES

Post by SILVER-ES » Wed May 28, 2008 9:32 pm

Call it ghetto if you will, I'm just giving advice. What do you think your side moldings are held on with? 3m adhesive. Your car is a 2002 and it is now 2008. That adhesive has held your side moldings on for 6 years with the help of zero screws! :lol:

jake_tim
2GN Member

Post by jake_tim » Wed May 28, 2008 10:10 pm

very true, and i wasnt being critical of your advice at all. It is very appreciated, just a small joke my friend. Thanks for the help...

...even though your a traitor and dont have a neon anymore :lol:

Just kidding.

-Jacob

InfinityAudio
2GN Member

Post by InfinityAudio » Wed May 28, 2008 10:48 pm

personally i puted a screw in the under middle of the skirt juste to be sure that if the 3m tape dont want to stick...it will still hold and dont pass under my wheel!

SILVER-ES

Post by SILVER-ES » Thu May 29, 2008 12:34 am

jake_tim wrote:...even though your a traitor and dont have a neon anymore :lol:
Atleast I was one of the few who kept it in the family and got another Dodge! :twisted:

My wife and I started as an all Mopar family (two 2gn's), have both moved on from the neons, and still remain an all Mopar family (Charger, Jeep GC).

theTeejmiester
2GN Member

Post by theTeejmiester » Thu May 29, 2008 3:57 am

i dont have the screws but i do have the mounts for the side skirts and instructions in my garage... i think.jake if your interested pm me on those and ill check :thumbup:
Ziptie's come in handy when a prostitute gets mouthy or reluctant
*eye twitches*
I like people who BUY a 10 sec car and then brag about it. Thats like hiring someone to bang your wife and then bragging about the kid

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:55 am

SILVER-ES wrote:
Atleast I was one of the few who kept it in the family and got another Dodge! :twisted:

My wife and I started as an all Mopar family (two 2GN's), have both moved on from the neons, and still remain an all Mopar family (Charger, Jeep GC).
That wasn't always the case... *cough*Mazda*cough* lol
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

gilly02le
2GN Member

Post by gilly02le » Thu May 29, 2008 10:14 am

I've got a hole bag of the mounting clips that came with my srt-4 skirts.. i just never used them because i found i could use 3m Body Moulding tape and a few self-tapping screws to secure them in place.. no issues yet..
The 3m tape i used, is the same stuff your side mouldings are held on by, It's Damn Strong.
i guess if someone wants those clips, pm me, since i dont need them.
New Sig Time.

SILVER-ES

Post by SILVER-ES » Thu May 29, 2008 12:24 pm

Diablo0 wrote:That wasn't always the case... *cough*Mazda*cough* lol
:banghead: :cussing: :thefinger:

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Thu May 29, 2008 3:19 pm

Diablo0 wrote:
SILVER-ES wrote:

My wife and I started as an all Mopar family (two 2GN's), have both moved on from the neons, and still remain an all Mopar family (Charger, Jeep GC).
That wasn't always the case... *cough*Mazda*cough* lol

lol :owned:
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

Return to “Exterior”