Projector Foglights

Got a question on outside appearance modifications. Questions about body kits, exterior lighting, just anything thats a visual mod on the "exterior" of the car. Ask those questions here.
heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor

Projector Foglights

Post by heydockyle » Fri May 08, 2009 10:29 pm

Alright for anyone that bought the projector fogs off ebay, how bright are they? I just finished putting mine in and I'm not satisfied. I had pilot xenon white bulbs in my stock fogs and they were much much brighter. Also I adjusted both foglights all the way up, which the adjustment on them is horrible. The right light pointed out nicely. The left light would not point any farther than five feet from the car. To keep them from looking retarded I adjusted the right one the same way. Anyone else have this problem?
05 OB SRT-4 - AGP Stg 3 Delta 44 Turbo w/ Supporting mods
98 Platinum Coupe - 2.4 Swap
98 Flame Red Sedan - DD Slow
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Sat May 09, 2009 1:11 am

Um first off did you flip the fog light around. For some reason they are mounted upside down. LSP has a write up on how to do it. Its very easy. The Projector part of the fogllamp needs to be turned 180 degrees. There is a top and bottom. I havent installed them yet but I have had them dry fit and they are bright as hell to me. Hopefully you didnt get a knock off brand like Ive seen on ebay.

heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by heydockyle » Sat May 09, 2009 5:15 am

Thanks. I bought the same ones as LSP. Do I flip the foglight around or just the lense? Because I see where it says Top when it's actually the bottom.
Do yours like they are white bulbs? Mine seem to be a hallogen looking yellow.

EDIT: Okay thanks I just read that how-to. I'll have to do it when I get home. These are such a pain in the ass with the mopar lip installed.
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat May 09, 2009 8:48 am

Yeah that's made in taiwan for ya!! The projector itself is upside down. Un-do the two screws and flip it 180 degrees and you'll be all set. Output on them is decent considering they're a cheap projector.

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:14 am

Im picky when it ccomes to that stuff so I took everything apart and turned it all, But I think your gonna want to pop off the glass lens to get the projector out. Makes it a lot easier than fight ing with it all and breaking the halo ring which seemes to be the toughtest part of all. I will see if i can find the write up for ya.

As for the color yea they are a little yellowish but I am gonna run HIDs so I really didnt pay too much attention. Maybe try a better bulb.
I heard from LSP that the HIDs are a pain to put in but we will see.

heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by heydockyle » Sat May 09, 2009 1:48 pm

I planned on putting hids in mine soon to. Maybe not if it's going to be a huge pain.
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by heydockyle » Sat May 09, 2009 2:54 pm

Well just so happens mine were siliconed good and the lens cracked in 3. So now what? Use them without lens?

Upadte. I have them both on without lens right now. One projector was upside down. One wasn't....
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

billm0066
2GN Member

Post by billm0066 » Sun May 10, 2009 9:45 pm

Sounds like you rushed it, because I got mine off without any issue. The projectors are junk. I dremeled off the shield and installed shields from blazers, but the output is still crap even with hid. They are alot sharpet now, but the are narrow and theres hotspots. Im either going to swap the projectors with another h3 projector, or I will go another route. I also painted the halos black because im not a fan of them at all.

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:29 am

Yea. Guess I should have said BE GENTLE. I would try seeing if you can get a replacement glass. If so let me know as I would like a backup set.

heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by heydockyle » Mon May 11, 2009 10:15 am

Well one came off without a problem. The other just wouldn't come off and it cracked. And what shield from Blazers are you talking about exactly?

So you are saying I shouldn't even bother putting HID's in these projectors?

As of right now I'm running it without that outer glass on there. I think I like it better that way. Because with the lens there and the back not being sealed around the projector because of the way it is adjusted it is able to get dirt and water in there and it just sits around.

I'll get some better pictures tonight maybe. These are with my phone.

Last edited by heydockyle on Mon May 11, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:28 am

looks good. I guess the glass was really there to protect the projector glass. I guess its all up to you really and what you wanna do. I have a ton of work to do on my car so I wont be able to attempt the HID instal anytime soon. But Lil Spark PLug has and said they are a pain to put in cause the bases of the HID are too skinny to be held in with the screws.

heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by heydockyle » Mon May 11, 2009 10:36 am

Yea if you look at the first picture you can see how the first halo has the led's at the top and the second has them at the bottom. That's because one needed flipped and one didn't. As far as I can tell you want your wires for the projector to be coming out the top and you will be fine. Now I'm debating on whether I want blue or orange halo's. I think orange because I'm going to be doing blue hid's. Or maybe just a blue xenon bulb if the hid's are not worth it and too much trouble.

Maybe LSP can chime in on that?

They are decently bright where they shine. This is a real bad picture. With some better bulbs they should be better.

98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:04 am

Yea like i said Im picky about how everything lines up. I took both of mine apart and flipped the halo rings and projectors so it matched my halo projector headlights. As for the led I stuck with white on mine just cause thats my whole theme. Black car white lights outside blue inside

billm0066
2GN Member

Post by billm0066 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:51 pm

heydockyle wrote:Well one came off without a problem. The other just wouldn't come off and it cracked. And what shield from Blazers are you talking about exactly?

So you are saying I shouldn't even bother putting HID's in these projectors?

Blazers are an 880 projector fog light. I used them for a fog light retro, but the chrome on the bowl peeled. I took the sheidl out of them and put them inside the ebay lights, but it didnt help out alot. It made the cutoff sharp, but the width didnt improve, and there are still hotspots. If you open them up, the finish on the bowl is really crappy. Mine had dull spots.

Personally hid sit worth it. Its going to give you the same pattern, but just brighter. Basically you cant polish a turd.

heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by heydockyle » Sun May 17, 2009 10:59 pm

Just a little update. I'm running them without the outer lens. They aren't too bad. I like them. Idk if i'll do hids or not.

98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

SYRYS04
2GN Member

Post by SYRYS04 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:24 am

heydockyle wrote:Just a little update. I'm running them without the outer lens. They aren't too bad. I like them. Idk if i'll do hids or not.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE.. are those plug n play foglights? looks like u have them connected to ur parking lights is that the case or no?

i need some of those... matter of fact, let me go to ebay right now.
THE TRUTH HURTS
LOVE IS PAIN
SO REGARDLESS OF WHAT I'M DOIN
I'M BREAKIN YOUR HEART

-SYRYS-

heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by heydockyle » Wed May 20, 2009 8:15 am

Foglights r plug and play. Halos aren't. Had to splice into parking lights.
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

Return to “Exterior”