Sunroof help/testing ?

Got a question on outside appearance modifications. Questions about body kits, exterior lighting, just anything thats a visual mod on the "exterior" of the car. Ask those questions here.
Eaks
2GN Member

Sunroof help/testing ?

Post by Eaks » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:09 pm

hey guys.. 2 days ago my sunroof broke.. one side would work the other did nothing.. i tried everything pulled the glass and had a look but the one side just wouldn't work (i had a problem a year or 2 ago with the pin in the same side i believe but i fixed that and never had a problem since).. so i went to the junk yard and pulled a complete sunroof minus the glass (had motor and everyhting.. i even grabbed the switch).. I bring it home and test it (hook up the connector that goes to the cars harness to my power supply at 12volts and press the switch.. i just hear the motor clicking.. the tracks dont move at all..

So my question is.. does anyone know if i can test a sunroof like that (just with 12volts at the socket for the cars harness) or if theres anyway i can fix my current sunroof? the one side functions prefectly (the driver side) but the passenger side doesn't do anything.. when i first removed it it would move a bit but since then ive slid it around and stuff now it doesn't move at all..

Any ideas?

Napaboy
2GN Member

Post by Napaboy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:02 pm

either your tracks aint lined up or get a wireing schematic and start testing grounds just cuz there is 12 volts there doesnt mean its getting 12 volts your best bet if its an electrical problem is to start doing voltage drop tests you gotta think of it as a starter motor when its out of a car it will turn over with 9 volts but when its installed its going to take alot more then that

NAPA BOY

Eaks
2GN Member

Post by Eaks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:26 pm

how can i line them up? i dont think its an electrical issue as the one side still works fine.. Is there an easy way to just realign it?

Thanks..

Napaboy
2GN Member

Post by Napaboy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:20 pm

that iv never had to do line them up

NAPA BOY

Eaks
2GN Member

Post by Eaks » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:48 pm

anyone know how to align a sunroof?

Return to “Exterior”