mild body mods

Got a question on outside appearance modifications. Questions about body kits, exterior lighting, just anything thats a visual mod on the "exterior" of the car. Ask those questions here.
OB
Former Moderator

mild body mods

Post by OB » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:45 pm

Im into super clean and mild JDM-style body mods, and i want to spice up my sxt just a tiny bit, to give it a lower more agressive stance, but NO crazy body lines. I think dodge offers a kit that looks pretty mild, i saw it in the mopar 2005 neon parts brochure thingy. anyone know about this kit or similar ones. I would love to get a front lip, skirts, and maybe a rear lip of some kind. im not looking to replace the fascias or anything. Just straight bolt on stuff that looks like it could have came from the factory. Im also planning on getting a carbon hood, trunk, mirrors, and maybe some other goodies like that, but still nothing crazy. I want a super clean sleeper look. thanks, and feel free to PM with long msgs
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:23 pm

Lookup the Mopar Lip Kit aka Mopar Tuner Package, you can find it at www.mopar.com in their accessories area.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

xspeedx
2GN Member

Post by xspeedx » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:22 pm

IMO a clean look would consist of

lowered
rims
AVS downdraft spoiler
HID's
stock tailights or Euro spec
remove side mouldins
debadge
maybe tint
and ur lip kit I guess .. I don't know what it looks like so I have no opinion but usually lip kits are nice and add a nice touch

good luck (Y)

supertrick_05
2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:59 pm

Yeah, I'm going for the "clean look" and you'll see it next spring. I have a bunch of stuff on order, but I'm not gonna let anybody know of my intentions....it might look totally awesome and don't want to spoil it. But the Mopar lip kit is a nice looking piece....it just costs a little much. It's close to a grand....but it's all urethane, so it's worth it I guess. Go for it! Can't wait to see it!
-Brodie
2002 Dodge Neon ACR - Needs LOTS of love, but I'm gonna slowly get her to where she deserves to be :)

Frizbe
2GN Member

Post by Frizbe » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:29 pm

My perfect Neon:
2003/04 RT
Mopar Lip kit
CBD Carbon Fiber Hood and trunk
Painted Mirriors
Lowered
TE37's in Bronze =P~
Justin- I have nothing but smart ass remarks to add.
:-s
Fire_Hippo wrote:Frizbe, you rock my socks.
- Jeff's girlfriend

LaidNeon
2GN Member

Post by LaidNeon » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:44 pm

I prefer the look where you can't tell whats done to it
- Dan

Frizbe
2GN Member

Post by Frizbe » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:46 pm

CrucialNeon wrote:I prefer the look where you can't tell whats done to it
Ahem...
This is a rather odd remark comming from someone with a Neon such as yours. :lol: Don't get me wrong I really like your car but... oxymoron?
Justin- I have nothing but smart ass remarks to add.
:-s
Fire_Hippo wrote:Frizbe, you rock my socks.
- Jeff's girlfriend

LaidNeon
2GN Member

Post by LaidNeon » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:39 pm

to people who don't know neons like us think my car is stock. then i tell them other wise & it blows their mind.
- Dan

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:09 am

I like the side skirts dodge offers, and the rest of the body parts are pretty nice as well. on mopars site i can view the 'tuner' package and read what some idiot wrote about them, but there isnt a thing on price, nor are there more pictures in detail. does anyone have the kit from dodge (just the body stuff)? It looks mild and keeps the stock lines clean but agressive, just the way i like it.
-Derek

supertrick_05
2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:17 am

You can find it here for cheaper than any Dodge dealer:

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/
-Brodie
2002 Dodge Neon ACR - Needs LOTS of love, but I'm gonna slowly get her to where she deserves to be :)

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:30 am

holy smokes thats like 700 dollaz! I love that kit though i think im gonna have to get it. at least the side and front portions.

ok someone gimme some advice here. when planning exhaust stuff, how should i figure out what to do with the rear fascia? should i cut a half moon out to fit the tip or what? anyone have some pics of stock/mopar rear fascias with straight thru's, preferably big ones (4")? thanks lots
-Derek

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:35 pm

Hey, if you look back in this exterior forum, for a post by me, called "Mopar Lip Kit" there are some decent pics of it on various cars..just to give you an idea...
P.S. I love that kit :D

PPS----> tada... http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=3350

supertrick_05
2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:23 pm

orangeblastsxt wrote:when planning exhaust stuff, how should i figure out what to do with the rear fascia? should i cut a half moon out to fit the tip or what? anyone have some pics of stock/mopar rear fascias with straight thru's, preferably big ones (4")? thanks lots
I think that you should prolly mount the muffler and the piping to the outlets, but leave the tips off. Mark where the piping will come out on the bumper and dremel the holes, keep fitting the tips onto the piping and up to the bumper until the dremeled holes are a perfect fit. Start small and slow though....a little can go a long ways. And leave enough room for the pipes to sway a little so they don't bang against the holes.
-Brodie

Return to “Exterior”