Antenna Question

Got a question on outside appearance modifications. Questions about body kits, exterior lighting, just anything thats a visual mod on the "exterior" of the car. Ask those questions here.
Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

Antenna Question

Post by Alex Kurdian » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi Guys
Someone broke my antenna off and I wanna replace it with one of those screw in ones from antenna X they say off with the old and screw in the new on with the supplied adapter

Here are the pics of what came out..does the screw in ones go into the fitting attached...? The brass colored one in the picture? the old one just seemed to pop out once I unscrewed the black bolt thing on the mast as you can see...help!

I drove My Neon till it "SOLD" And then bought a Mazda 3 Skyactiv
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Was yours a power antenna?

Like this one: Image
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

nope

Post by Alex Kurdian » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Naa mate manual I had to pull it out myself but it looks exactly the same...
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:35 pm

Then the screw on mast will not work, you would need to replace the entire assy to go with those.
This is (I think)for what you have.
4793962AC Antenna mast Antenna mast, neon, retractable 2004 - 2005 $25.15 (US prices)

You might need to get an aftermarket antenna assy/cable to replace the retractable style. It isn't real clear in the parts drawing as to what is needed to go from that, to the solid mast type. I don't want to give you false PN's, especially for what yo pay.

Either way it would be between $65 and $95 depending on which is correct, and that is US pricing.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:38 am

^^Wait a minute- a retractable Neon antennae? First I've heard of this! :shock: Could this be used on an SRT-4? Are they still available to order from Mopar?

Alex- sorry about someone messing with your car and sorry for hijacking your thread.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Gnuserup
2GN Member

Post by Gnuserup » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:39 am

Funny to see, that the RHD-Neons are totally mirror-inverted - including antenna :lol:

Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

Post by Alex Kurdian » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:33 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:^^Wait a minute- a retractable Neon antennae? First I've heard of this! :shock: Could this be used on an SRT-4? Are they still available to order from Mopar?

Alex- sorry about someone messing with your car and sorry for hijacking your thread.
Yes mate a retractable antenna that's why I can't get one to screw on I need a mast and they don't make them or at least I can't find one :-(

And matey don't apologise we are all mates and I welcome all replies
:thumbup:
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:24 am

occasional demons wrote: 4793962AC Antenna mast Antenna mast, neon, retractable 2004 - 2005 $25.15 (US prices)
This is prolly what you need. It should slide right in the hole. The separate metal piece you pictured is the retainer clip.

Gramps this should be available in the US as an '04/'05 option. Assuming, since it lists as shown above.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

RADARsx 2.0
2GN Member

Post by RADARsx 2.0 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:32 am

Sorry for saying yes to the thread on one without asking for a pic. i hope you didn't order or buy something you didn't need. I can't believe I did that.
But OD seems to be setting you up just fine so I will bow out and OD take continue to rescue the day. lol
"Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" member #75

Pablodragon
2GN Member

Post by Pablodragon » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:14 am

ohh... I idin't even kno this was a Neon...

what's with the weird lines and colors in the paint?

(I thought it was like some 1980's Chyrsler K-car with the fake wood paneling painted on the side!?!)
2004 SE... doin it one piece at a timeImage

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:23 am

^^I think that is house siding and bricks reflected in Alex's shiny paint job. :D
occasional demons wrote:Gramps this should be available in the US as an '04/'05 option. Assuming, since it lists as shown above.
Ohhhh, I need to look into this then. I rarely listen to the radio in the car so having the antennae retracted like that would make for a smoother appearence (and keep the car stock rather than going for the aftermarket shorty ones).

Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

Post by Alex Kurdian » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:41 pm

RADARsx 2.0 wrote:Sorry for saying yes to the thread on one without asking for a pic. i hope you didn't order or buy something you didn't need. I can't believe I did that.
But OD seems to be setting you up just fine so I will bow out and OD take continue to rescue the day. lol
Mate its all good every thing said yes it will fit on my car

Once again I have something well now I had something that wasn't standard on most neons
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:37 pm

Meh, I think it was standard on exports.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Swordfish2Cowboy
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Swordfish2Cowboy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:46 pm

That's fucking baller.
ImageImage
:mopar: :runaway:

RADARsx 2.0
2GN Member

Post by RADARsx 2.0 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:48 pm

I want to know where I can get a retractable antenna and get one installed. I like the idea and the ability to prevent a person from damaging it.

And can you convert a N/A neon for this option?
"Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" member #75

Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

Well

Post by Alex Kurdian » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Well funny enuf Chrysler here have them but they are like for the base and mast over 150 dollars...F&*K that!

I tries buying just the mast but they wouldn't let me said I had to buy the entire mechanism... :shock:
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:51 pm

That PN is just for the mast. But if the counter person is a weeinie, it doesn't do you any good. :(

RADARsx 2.0 wrote: I like the idea and the ability to prevent a person from damaging it.
Like other things, it won't stop them from pulling it out and kinking it off.
:runaway:
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Pablodragon
2GN Member

Post by Pablodragon » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:18 am

occasional demons wrote:This is prolly what you need. It should slide right in the hole.
ooo...another win statement
2004 SE... doin it one piece at a timeImage

Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

Antenna

Post by Alex Kurdian » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Guys I've rang Chrysler here and they dont have my antenna its gone no more...My contact at Mopar Headquarters said he had nothing...

Can anyone help I need a manual retractable antenna to replace my broken one..HELP!
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:24 am

^^I hope that someone can help you out. After seeing what you had, you sure wouldn't want one of the non-retractable ones that we have here. Plus, I want one too! :D

Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

Post by Alex Kurdian » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:02 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:^^I hope that someone can help you out. After seeing what you had, you sure wouldn't want one of the non-retractable ones that we have here. Plus, I want one too! :D
Thanx Gramps but the screw in one won't fit in the current set up in my fender...I'm stuffed unless I camn find the same
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:23 am

I could call the dealer, and see if that is still available here. Or you could PM BlackRoseRacing and he or possibly Danteneon could tell you if there are any still available.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:02 pm

I just called the local dealer, and according to them, it is no longer available from Chrysler, going to the fixed mast is the only option. :(
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 pm

^^Dang it, tease me with the news that the retractable was available for some time without my knowledge and now it's gone before I could latch onto one. :banghead:

Sorry Alex for the bad news.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:32 pm

I've got a feeling a lot of parts are going to become unavailable, or priced way out of reach.

For example the heater tubes that connect the heater hoses to the head/water pump. Now over $200.00 Granted longer rubber hoses would fix that, but you get the gist of what's coming.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

TA

Post by Alex Kurdian » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Thanx Bill for ringing I appreciate that...

Problem is Gramps the antenna that screws in the base doesn't sit in my fender...Chrysler even says with my current set up it wont fit!! :shock: :shock:

I'm gonna have to ring some more junk yards!

I rang a couple yesterday and the 2 neons they had there (which from the photos looked like they were in pretty good nick for parts) had the antenna broken off DAMIT!@

So for now I have an ugly broken off antenna ! :-(
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

Dammit

Post by Alex Kurdian » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:27 pm

Dammit Rang all the junk yards NOTHING!!!!

EVEN went to EBAY UK and nothing...I cannot believe none are available surely they would have somewhere...CHRIST!
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

Alex Kurdian
2GN Member

I

Post by Alex Kurdian » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Holy Crap I think I found one...I rang a place in Sydney they deal with old Mopar Chrysler and new mopars too...He tracked an antenna source in Europe of all places! I dunno where though....

He is calling me next week to confirm the part....!!!!!
Australia 01
"So say We ALL"

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:16 am

Keep us posted- I may have to get ahold of your contact to get one for my car! :shock:

C1DoG
2GN Member

Post by C1DoG » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:06 am

Got me wanting one now! :D Just might be my next mod.. I found a place online that has a powered antenna for my 03. :D
Drove my neon until it was killed in a flood.

Return to “Exterior”