Front bumper questions.

Got a question on outside appearance modifications. Questions about body kits, exterior lighting, just anything thats a visual mod on the "exterior" of the car. Ask those questions here.
Moparguy4
2GN Member

Front bumper questions.

Post by Moparguy4 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:02 pm

I have an 05 SXT without fog lights. The bumper was cracked when we bought it but the rest of the grill looks ok.

I want to find an OEM replacement front bumper. Are there any companies to stay away from? Any other parts to buy?

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Certifit, if you have one local has decent parts for the $$$. (They do not ship)

My rear fascia cover had been rear ended three times, and is still holding up 1000% better than the original. I have seen many originals crack or shatter on impact, especially the '03 and newer.

A lot of folks are oem fascia nut huggers, but if they are so great, why does my <$100* fascia keep surviving, and why did I need to replace the original after one hit?

With a million numb nuts on their cell phones, it isn't worth spending too much... :lol:

The foam absorber might also be damaged, but you won't really kinow until you remove the fascia, the same for the crash bar.

*I'm sure prices have increased since then.
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
epic

2001 Neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
Help support 2GN!

chip0wa
2GN Member

Post by chip0wa » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:13 pm

I swapped my 02 for an 03 bumper from onlinepartsbin.com. They also painted it steel blue, there was some overspray or rough spots along the edges of the bumper but nothing that was a big deal to me. Fit is good at least

2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Just wanted to add that they do ship, but only select items (side mirrors, headlights, foglights, etc), but not bumpers.
Progress Log --- Life & Work > Car... :(

Moparguy4
2GN Member

Post by Moparguy4 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:19 pm

I had to email them, I couldn't get the store locator to work. Seems the closest one is 2.5-3 hours one way. I'd have to think on this one.

Any issues with Car part wholesale or Autosdepo from ebay??

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:48 pm

I got a painted bumper shipped to me from an ebay vendor. Being that it's orange blast on an 8 yr old car, it isn't a perfect match. there were some dry spots, it's not perfect but the non fog bumper I had before was destroyed.

FYI if you want to go with fogs you will need to buy new foglights, find an 03+ fog light harness, and buy a multi function switch with fog option.
PM me for your 03+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

Moparguy4
2GN Member

Post by Moparguy4 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:07 pm

I got a price from Certifit and it is worth the drive. I think that is where I'll go.
Thanks all.

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:17 pm

occasional demons wrote:Certifit, if you have one local has decent parts for the $$$. (They do not ship)

My rear fascia cover had been rear ended three times, and is still holding up 1000% better than the original. I have seen many originals crack or shatter on impact, especially the '03 and newer.

A lot of folks are oem fascia nut huggers, but if they are so great, why does my <$100* fascia keep surviving, and why did I need to replace the original after one hit?
I started using Certifit due to a recommendation from the local Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealer ... I've been impressed with the fit ... "a good bang for my buck" :thumbup:
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

Return to “Exterior”