adding sun roof

Got a question on outside appearance modifications. Questions about body kits, exterior lighting, just anything thats a visual mod on the "exterior" of the car. Ask those questions here.
gtxtreme19
2010 Silver Contributor

adding sun roof

Post by gtxtreme19 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:08 pm

so I have this red heap in my dads yard and hes pissing and moaning about getting it gone. I have been reading through some threads and seen that the entire roof skin can be swapped without a welder?

I have been using Sika-flex for years (its a high quality adhesive used to hold outer panels on tour busses so they could eliminate the rivets)so that should do the trick on a neon.
I was curious if the bracing under the skin are the same for sunroof/ non sun roof cars?

I seen the thread Tolido had posted but most of the photos are down, did anyone happen to save them?
-Mike
Midnight_Rider wrote:
Skitlz wrote:Gramps, get a GPS.
Gramps Prefers Streetmaps. :D

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:43 pm

That was about the most detailed roof swap too. I am thinking the center brace might be a bit different. But I could be wrong.

Assuming you have both cars, the PITA of removing the headliners to look might be your only option...
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:16 am

I was able to find the pictures with google image search by looking up "tolido roof swap neons.org"
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

Return to “Exterior”