2GN server.....

Have a problem with the forum or site, want to make a suggestion, or just have a question about 2GN, post it here and we'll try to fix the problem or at least give you an answer.
BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

2GN server.....

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:00 am

I don't know how large the site is, let alone how much you pay or who you go through....
I've used:
https://usadomainregistration.com/portal/index.php

I pay $16.95 quarterly for Blackroseracing.com/org/net (all 3 are directed to one for the $16.95) and I have 20GB of storage and 100GB of bandwidth usage. They use cPanel for domain control and of course you can use just about whatever for creating the site itself. Lately I've been using my site personally for online data storage and transfer because of personal issues. So I pay $5.65 a month for 20GB of online storage lately and I can't complain one bit.
I also pay $XX.XX a year to own the domain name, so for me I pay $xx.xx X 3 a year to own the domain names......
Since you only own one domain name 2GN.org, your reg would be cheaper for the domain name obviously.....

Oh.....
2GN.com is owned by GoDaddy
and
2GN.net is owned by Rebel.com
There's no actually website using these weblinks....I wonder how much they would charge for the URL purchase....Maybe I can purchase 2gn.org...LOL

https://usadomainregistration.com/porta ... hecker.php

Also note, for the past 4 years I have never had an outage and "Barry" the tech support guy is great :)

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Re: 2GN server.....

Post by Diablo0 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:13 pm

I suspect you’re on a shared hosting plan.

Many years ago I moved from shared hosting to a VPS. Not quite dedicated but not shared either. That way I have a dedicated IP that’s not shared with any other domains that aren’t my own. This allows me to not so much worry about other sites sending spam and then causing 2GN emails to get blacklisted and vice-versa. In the past caused one host to threaten to shut my site down, only for the volume of emails coming from the forum.

Not only that but by having a VPS I’m able to host several other sites on the same server without having to pay multiple hosting fees.

After the move I’ll have 75GB of storage with 2TB of transfer for $50 month. $10 less than what I was paying. I just paid for 2 years worth to also get a better price.

2gn.com has been registered for years. I keep watching for it to expire. Lol
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Re: 2GN server.....

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:23 am

Diablo0 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:13 pm
I suspect you’re on a shared hosting plan.

Many years ago I moved from shared hosting to a VPS. Not quite dedicated but not shared either. That way I have a dedicated IP that’s not shared with any other domains that aren’t my own. This allows me to not so much worry about other sites sending spam and then causing 2GN emails to get blacklisted and vice-versa. In the past caused one host to threaten to shut my site down, only for the volume of emails coming from the forum.

Not only that but by having a VPS I’m able to host several other sites on the same server without having to pay multiple hosting fees.

After the move I’ll have 75GB of storage with 2TB of transfer for $50 month. $10 less than what I was paying. I just paid for 2 years worth to also get a better price.

2gn.com has been registered for years. I keep watching for it to expire. Lol
That's cool!
Just thought I would let you know....
I wonder if I could purchase the .com and .net and have them redirected to your .org :roll:

Return to “Site Problems / Feedback / Suggestions”