what the hell....

Have a problem with the forum or site, want to make a suggestion, or just have a question about 2GN, post it here and we'll try to fix the problem or at least give you an answer.
TNK
2GN Veteran

what the hell....

Post by TNK » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:08 pm

how come at night, when i try to get on... like.... 11,12,1, whenever... i can never get past the intro... when i click on the "2GN.ORG" it just takes forever and a day to load adn then it comes up with a php error or soemthing.. is that my ISP or is that a glitch in the site????

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
TheRandom1 wrote:My true opinion here is that the only time rubber should be stretched is when it's going over a penis.

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:16 pm

HAHA... yeah I know.. it does it nearly every night. I've told the hosting company that it goes down every night but they say "NO NO NO... Everything is just fine, we don't see any problems."

What you can do for it is when this happens, ping and do a traceroute to forum.2gn.org and send me the results and maybe they'll finally believe me.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

TNK
2GN Veteran

Post by TNK » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:43 pm

Diablo0 wrote: What you can do for it is when this happens, ping and do a traceroute to forum.2gn.org and send me the results and maybe they'll finally believe me.
i have no clue what you are talkign about... i'm not a big computer guy....

TheRandom1 wrote:My true opinion here is that the only time rubber should be stretched is when it's going over a penis.

dancingfroggy
2GN Member

Post by dancingfroggy » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:17 pm

I'll do that for you Jason since I try to get on the board everynight around 4am my time and it fails every night. I know Matt has had the same problem so I'll start to track it fo you.

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:49 pm

Thanks... maybe they'll actually do something about it and I won't have to mess getting another hosting company and transfering the sql database... argh... that won't be fun if it comes to that.
-Jason
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

TNK
2GN Veteran

Post by TNK » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:07 pm

awesome, it's gonna get fixed.. lol... sorry i had no clue what you were talking about, wish i could have done my part to contribute...

2k2patriotblueneon
2GN Member

Post by 2k2patriotblueneon » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:36 pm

Jason, check out bananahosting.com. I use them for my website and I have never seen it go down. It only goes down maybe once a month, and they always email you before it happens. Tell Johnny that Matt, the owner of nytapers.net sent you. Johnny is a great guy who is always willing to bend over backward to help me out. Even with stuff that really isn't his problem, like the actual building of the pages and programming of scripts.
2002 Dodge Neon SE
Mopar Stage 3 Coilovers w/Energy Suspension Polyurethane Bushings
SRT Swap in progress
SRT is powered by an AGP 50 trim stage 4 ball bearing turbo kit
When finished will run no less then 400 HP. :twisted:

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:02 pm

I'll check into it.

Looks like the site went to down today.... AGAIN!!!! I couldn't e-mail them from work since they dont' have a direct e-mail addy and you have to use their Online customer support form to send them a message. I sent one when I got home and the site came up in about an hour. Then they sent me this message....
Hello Jason,

We have tested your account and it appears to be loading fine on our browsers.

Please note that the loading time of a page depends on various factors: local internet connection and the server itself.

We have not received any similar problem reports or any server-down notifications. The server might have been busy at the times you tried to access your forum. We have clients trying to connect to the server from all over the world, so 4am EST would already be midday (peak hours) in some parts of the world.

Another thing we noticed is that you do have some larger image files on the forum. Note that it takes time to load these larger files, which will affect the loading of the page. Looking at your forum, we see that most of your posts have an image attached, either a picture/photo or a banner. All these images add weight to the server loading.

If you have fast internet connection, you should be able to load the pages faster. However, if you or your viewers have a slower internet connection, it will take longer for the page and all the images to load. This worsens when many viewers are trying to access the site at the same time.

We will try to test it again at the specified time (1am to 4am EST), and we will also try to test it from different locations/ISP.

Thank you.
I'm gonna try my hardest this time to convince them that it does move extremely slow at night and most of the time just times out before it actually loads anything or gives the error that it can't connect to the database.

Update... I just recived this from them after replying to their above message...
Hello Jason,

Monday morning 1am to 4am EST will be Sunday 10pm to Monday 1am PST. We are on the west coast. We will try accessing your site on Sunday night at the specified times. We will try it from different providers and we will contact you again on Monday morning to see if there is abnormal server activity reported/noticed.

Thank you.
Hopefully they see what I and most of you are seeing :? Lets hope
-Jason

2k2patriotblueneon
2GN Member

Post by 2k2patriotblueneon » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:08 pm

Haha, or you can forget them. :roll: Their just jerking you off, I am starting a hosting business and I can tell you that they know when it goes down? Mind me asking how much you pay for your hosting? If you want you can PM me for further discussions.
2002 Dodge Neon SE
SRT Swap in progress

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:13 pm

PM'd
-Jason

noTe
BANNED

Post by noTe » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:39 pm

If you have fast internet connection, you should be able to load the pages faster. However, if you or your viewers have a slower internet connection, it will take longer for the page and all the images to load. This worsens when many viewers are trying to access the site at the same time.
Wow, no shit?
noTe / randy

2004 Dodge SRT-4 BPU
1987 Honda Accord LX-i

2k2patriotblueneon
2GN Member

Post by 2k2patriotblueneon » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:03 pm

Yeah thats BS though, I got broadband and its always down for me. :evil:
2002 Dodge Neon SE
SRT Swap in progress

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:08 pm

Yeah I told them that most of the users have broadband and all are noticing the problem at night so I highly doubt it's a problem with our connections.
-Jason

Kernel Panic
2GN Member

Post by Kernel Panic » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:28 am

Is this the same problem that you're having with the SQL server? The site was down for most of Friday..
The weasels are closing in, I can smell the ugly brutes..
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.. - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson (1937-2005)

Greg
2001 Magnum equipped Neon ES
My website

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:47 am

Yeah it's gotta be the SQL server since the main index.html page loads, but once you enter the forum it dies.

As for Friday... I think it was down completely that day, I don't know what that as all about.
-Jason

2GN Member

Post by 0111000001100100 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:03 pm

get some new hosting man....www.serverpath.com...dedicated server is the way to go!

You can even resell hosting space or offer .2gn email addresses or something to help cover costs.
STi owner.

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:37 pm

Well fellas, I registered some new hosting and have a problem... I haven't done anything to the forum yet but I can't get the SQL database transfered over to the new host due to database being to large.

So what that means for you guys / gals is that if I switch this over to the new host I'm gonna lose a lot of stuff, pretty much all of it basically. We'd have to start all over from scratch, you'd have to register again, make new threads... just start all over.

I'm still working with trying to figure out ways to get this database over to the new SQL server (new host) but it's not looking to good.

I need some input from everyone on how they feel about starting over. I know we don't want to but if we have to... :?
-Jason

DjTransifi
2GN Member

Post by DjTransifi » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:20 pm

I'm still a n00b so if we have to start all over I wouldn't mind. Thats sucks though. We have good info on the site right now. As for the site going down at night, I know that happens and I'm on broadband. The banner doesn't even load up. There has to be a host that can assist you in transfering all the crap over. I have a few internet / good hacker friends that are gods. I will ask them and see if they can think of anything.

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:09 pm

AH HAH... I figured it out and now the forum is on a new host. God I hope I don't have to do that again b/c that was a PITA.

Thank you everyone... yes I am da shit 8)
-Jason

DjTransifi
2GN Member

Post by DjTransifi » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:36 pm

DIABLO "You are the shit" Awsome job..

Return to “Site Problems / Feedback / Suggestions”