2022 All Chrysler Nationals/17th Annual 2GN.org National Meet

Organizing a Neon meet for your area and would like to draw some more people to it from the surrounding areas. Know of a automotive event such as a car show, scca event, or track gathering.. Post it here, it doesn't matter what part of the country.
Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:52 am

I'm hoping we can get an even bigger crew for 2022!
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:44 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:39 am

I'm going to be getting a questionnaire going on the 2gn facebook group page (sorry David :lol:) on what people care the most about vs the least about.

David:
I know you do your own thing when it comes to hotel, etc. We mostly only see you at the fairgrounds. But if you have any input/feedback, please let me know.
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:12 am

Haganracing wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:39 am
David:
I know you do your own thing when it comes to hotel, etc. We mostly only see you at the fairgrounds. But if you have any input/feedback, please let me know.
I really enjoyed going to the Coliseum the first year I attended Carlisle. I don't know if it is still in business or not. The usual group photo event at TMI also. Thanks for asking! :D

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Re: 2022 All Chrysler Nationals/17th Annual 2GN.org National Meet

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:48 am

Black Friday pricing now on the Carlisle Events website. I got my Gate-n-Go pass for $52 and listed 2gn as my club.

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:54 am

I miss the days when the registration was only $40. Haha. A few more years and we'll be up to paying almost $100 to register a vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:13 am

Here I thought that I got a bargain.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:37 am

I cashed in 30,000 of my Speedy Rewards points at Speedway today to get a $25 Cracker Barrel gift card. This will take care of some of my dinner expenses during Carlisle. I hope to accumulate another 30,000 points for a second $25 card before July. I fill up my employer's vehicle daily (with the company credit card) so I accumulate Speedy Rewards points pretty quickly.

When in the Carlisle area, I usually eat a lot at Sheetz as well so I already have my Sheetz Rewards card and a Sheetz VISA.

I used to get gift cards for Applebee's but the location in Mechanicsburg permanently closed last year and there aren't any other convenient locations so I've switched restaurants.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:02 am

Since I last posted, I did get my second $25 Cracker Barrel gift card at Speedway so, between Sheetz and Cracker Barrel, I'm pretty much set for eats.

Okay, who all is going to make Carlisle this year? I have a feeling that this may be the last time that I'll be able to make it. Between my eye surgeries and the price of gas, I'm skeptical.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:37 pm

My Carlisle sticker arrived today! YAY!

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:36 pm

That’s awesome gramps!! I cannot wait to see you next weekend! Should be a great turnout!!

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:44 pm

+1!

I managed to get a new job on Friday. It starts on the 18th so I'll have to start back on Sunday this year.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:10 am

Back home a few hours ago. It was so good to see everyone again! Thanks again, Mario for your help at the last Carlisle. Thanks, Ryan for the door pull plugs! Thanks, Joe for buying my parts. Thanks, Tom for showing me around the Swap Meet and for the great conversation! Thanks haganracing- I really enjoyed talking with you. Mike and Ashley- what can I say, you guys are the best! E.J.- now I know that a Schrader valve is used on my A/C system. Everyone else that I have not listed here- I appreciate EVERYONE taking the time out to make me feel welcome. Sorry for all of my job drama talk- it has been on my mind a lot and so it comes out of my mouth.

BTW Jason- did I win the banner? LOL

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:40 am

\:D/

2k1MotorSport
2011 Gold Contributor

Post by 2k1MotorSport » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:34 pm

Gramps.. it was great seeing you for another year. I hope that you can make it to another Carlisle at some point. I would hate to think that this was your last year as you said and i didn't get to say good bye.

And as far as your other question...
Midnight_Rider wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:10 am
BTW Jason- did I win the banner? LOL
you did not.

@BRR - It's good to see you are still around. Wish you would come back out to Carlisle at some point.
-Scott

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:06 am

It was great to see you as well. I don't know... maybe I'll be able to make another Carlisle in the future bur, for now, it seems doubtful.

Darn, I missed the banner again. LOL

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:53 pm

Enjoyed having you here at Carlisle Gramps! I hope to hear you'll be back next year, but there's so much time between now and then. Sorry I wasn't at the fairgrounds long, been battling stomach issues this past month and almost didn't make it to Carlisle because of it. I was living off of ibuprofen, stomach meds, tums, and gas-x to try and keep my issues to a minimum. I finally see a gastro next week..

Take care and don't bring that car title this way. You keep your car for as long as YOU want to. But if you EVER get to that point, shoot me a PM :lol:

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:32 am

Haganracing wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:53 pm
Enjoyed having you here at Carlisle Gramps! I hope to hear you'll be back next year, but there's so much time between now and then
..Take care and don't bring that car title this way. You keep your car for as long as YOU want to. But if you EVER get to that point, shoot me a PM :lol:
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Of course, I remember when johnnymopar and others were debating at Carlisle's past who was going to get my car even though I'm still alive. LOL

I hope you find out good news from the gastro.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:11 pm

They'll understand when you do want to sell it, you'll sell it to me :lol:

Saw the gastro yesterday, good news didn't exist. Most likely have Crohn's and have to do some more testing/etc for it... I won't know "officially" until later this fall.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:47 pm

Wow, isn't this health stuff a b&*^%?

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:10 am

Ain't much good about getting old....

Golden Years...

Who's the sick bastid that came up with that one? :lol:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:14 pm

Agreed.

I did have a wonderful time at Carlisle this year though, even though it was an abbreviated one. Had I known that the job at Speedway wouldn't last, I would have stayed the whole weekend in PA.

I will confess that I made motel reservations last night for next year. I can't save money for 2023 like I did for this year so no promises as to whether or not I'll be able to attend. If my physical condition doesn't improve, the trip would be impossible.

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:38 am

2k1motorsport,
"@BRR - It's good to see you are still around. Wish you would come back out to Carlisle at some point."
I have not done really anything car related since the 2019 meet. I spent too much time and $ for that meet and then to have something happen on the personal home front during that meet basically destroyed me.
I burned a few bridges the past few years with some 2GN members since the 2019 meet and as much as I tried to repair them, it doesn't seem to be working. I miss the annual meet for 2GN and my kids keep hounding me to go, but it just doesn't seem like it would be the same anymore with the issues I have worked with since the 2019 meet.
Personal things happened on the Homefront and then recently my MotherInLaw passed away, of course since 2019 I was the only family she had locally that would take care of her so she depended on me 24/7. When she passed away recently, again I'm still taking care of her as now almost 2 months later I'm still handling her personal stuff because her "Daughter" is too busy and since I'm the closest legal by marriage relative she had left I'm the go to person for anything that needs to be handled.....
So my hands have been tied up the past couple years and things have caused me to make decisions that I have regretted just to keep my kids happy and my mother-in-law taken care of the best I can.
Now that my mother in law has passed, the kids are old enough and responsible enough to be left alone at home, the kids are trying to get me out of the house to actually do something again as there tired of seeing me isolated at home and not out actually enjoying things.....
The few bridges I burned, If they can't get fixed....I'll probably won't be back to a 2GN meet again after all these years and based on the responses I have received (which is nothing), I guess I'm not wanted back as a member anyways..........
Thank you 2K1motorsport and Gramps for keeping in touch with me, it's greatly appreciated :)

Return to “Neon Meets / Automotive Events - Regional Boards”