2019 Carlisle Hotel Information

Organizing a Neon meet for your area and would like to draw some more people to it from the surrounding areas. Know of a automotive event such as a car show, scca event, or track gathering.. Post it here, it doesn't matter what part of the country.
Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Re: 2019 Carlisle Hotel Information

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:35 am

I'll post this here since it is the only 2019 Carlisle thread on the boards... I got a reminder of my trip in the mail today, two different violation notices from the PA Turnpike Commission. I had registered online for Toll By Plate before I left home for the trip but, contrary to the Turnpike's website and what I was told when I called their Customer Service line enroute, no charges were posted to my account so now I've been sent snail mail violation notices. I spent about 40 minutes on the phone this afternoon with four different employees to get this fixed. I had to purchase an EZ Pass transponder (it is in the mail so I'll have it for next year) and the charges went from $120 to $35. Plus, I have to pay a $3 annual fee to keep my account active. Oh well.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:02 am

I drive the extra hour, and avoid the turn pike. Probably save about $60 round trip. I took the turnpike to PA once, not Carlisle related, and that was enough to cure my cheap ass. The PA fees were ridiculous.

Might be an extra hour and 45 minutes to two hours for you though. I know the turnpike only saves about 20 minutes going from Akron area to the western Ohio state line. Hence why I never used it to go to Michigan. And that's going through at least 4 or five smaller towns with 25 and 35 MPH speed limits.

There is so much more to see by not using the TP. And you better have AAA to get towed off of the turnpike. Non AAA tow companies aren't allowed on there. If you don't have it, you are SOL, better take out a loan, just to get towed. Another reason why I avoided it. I have AAA now, but back then, it wasn't an option.

My daughter and son in law had to drive their car two miles with two flat tires to get off the turnpike, due to not having AAA. It was cheaper to destroy the tires/rims than pay for the tow.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:18 am

The turnpike is a 3 hour detour for me. And honestly it's worth it for me.
I like the nice road and ease of exit to the gas station and something to eat.
Last go around I took the normal way and hated to get off at an exit only to have to drive another mile or 2 down the road to get to the gas station or to where I wanted to eat. Noto mention the roads suck for my low neon.
Price wise I always just have it in my mind that the turnpike will cost me more but I don't care if it means driving on a nice road and ease of access to the gas station/food place.

Gramps, sucks that you had to deal with that mess. I plan to get a Ezpass for next year. I'll remember to have that done ahead of time next year.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:26 am

Neon4Life wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:18 am
Gramps, sucks that you had to deal with that mess. I plan to get a Ezpass for next year. I'll remember to have that done ahead of time next year.
The customer service employees at the Turnpike Authority that I spoke with last Thursday were very friendly and extremely helpful. I ended up paying the lowest charge possible (a V Toll) for the three violations so I think that this is fair.

I thought that I had dotted my "i's" and crossed my "t's" before I left by signing up with Toll By Plate but I had completely misunderstood the program (where it works is nowhere near where I was at in PA). EZ Pass is the way to go... I ordered mine last Thursday and it arrived in the mail yesterday (Monday) so I could have had it mailed to me in time for this year's Carlisle. I know better now.

I know that there is the cost for driving on the turnpike but it is worth it considering how much time it shaves off my drive from Indiana (it would be more than the average 12-13 hours one way if I skipped the turnpike). I also mapped out all of the gas stations to stop at on my trip to avoid the Service Plazas on the turnpike (I had amassed several gift cards through Amazon points on my VISA so this meant mostly free gas!).

You're getting an EZ Pass for next year? That means you'll be at Carlisle? :wink:

03_SXT
2GN Member

Post by 03_SXT » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:37 pm

EZ-Pass for the win!

Toll charges are cheaper, and you can zip through the plaza's so quickly.

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:01 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
You're getting an EZ Pass for next year? That means you'll be at Carlisle? :wink:
Yes I shoukd be there next year. I'm already waiting for the online sign up to pop up so I can sign up.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:00 am

Danteneon wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:38 pm
jonnymopar wrote:
catalyst wrote:Gramps if you sell your Neon, I call dibs. :)
Too late. :rockon: I called dibs on that car at least 4 years ago.
I looked for that, but all I could find was...
FAC3L3SS wrote:
Midnight_Rider wrote: Maintenance-wise, yes... body integrity-wise, I don't know... :cry:

Yeah, I still need to update my will. :D

Say WHAT? Look, I gave you a floormat and body parts- don't get greedy! :rofl:

Uh, no. :lol:
Gramps, you PROMISED I'd be the first to know that the car was available :lol:
There will be a war for that car :lol:
I was searching for something else and came across the above. I did a have a spectator make an offer for it that Sunday but turned him down.

Return to “Neon Meets / Automotive Events - Regional Boards”