Carlisle 2020

Organizing a Neon meet for your area and would like to draw some more people to it from the surrounding areas. Know of a automotive event such as a car show, scca event, or track gathering.. Post it here, it doesn't matter what part of the country.
Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Re: Carlisle 2020

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:25 am

sidepipe87 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:44 pm
Midnight_Rider wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:19 pm
6. Our club organizers have stated that we will be on our own if we attend.
What does this mean exactly? I haven't seen what you are referring to. Either that or I misunderstood entirely.
PA ACR wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:42 pm
I just received a group text from Jason, Darian, and Mike. The consensus was not good news. As it stands now, no activities are going to be offered by either group. In other words, if you attend, you will be on your own like most other people who attend. There will be a show field and Carlisle plaques for class winners, but no banners/license plates/stickers like the ones offered in 2015....... As of now, there will be no scheduled neon activites/get togethers/photo opt/awards/etc.....

Jason is in the process of sending Ed an email stating our situation. Many people have expressed their reservations about attending and even if the Event is held, the neon crowd attendance is expected to be low.......... :cry:

I'm quoting pa acr from the .org. This is why I posted reason number 6 in my list of reasons why I'm not going this year. I didn't want to be a downer for everyone- it's just that I had to make a decision as to what to do, considering work and all. I had been waiting to see if my SRT would be part of the Invitational but ran out of time.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:15 am

Well that settles it. I'm not going to try and go this year. I'll see everyone for sure next year when this is all over with and we are back to "normal"

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:31 am

Three days after I made my decision, I got an email from Carlisle Events telling me that my SRT has been chosen for the Neon Invitational. Sorry folks, I waited and waited... :angryfire:

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:01 am

Well if this doesn't confirm what's going to happen idk what will. Just passing info along.

https://www.fox43.com/mobile/article/ne ... 102fbabfe2

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:06 pm

If the State slaps them with a separate lawsuit for each event, they will go bankrupt trying to defend against each one. There may not be a Carlisle events...
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:21 pm

occasional demons wrote:If the State slaps them with a separate lawsuit for each event, they will go bankrupt trying to defend against each one. There may not be a Carlisle events...
This is probably what will happen.

Every event is each his own. So they can be sued multiple times I assume. They are acting very carelessly. Sure they have measures set up for social distancing but who is going to do that.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:58 pm

It's too great a distance for me to take any chances.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:28 am

Defying Governor's orders to feed yourself or your family is one thing. Basically defying Governor's orders to go to a car show?

Even if I had planned on going, I probably wouldn't now, knowing the situation. All I would be doing is adding to the problem.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:10 am

Yeah, I agree with you on defiance for well being....BUT it's OK to gather to protest and RIOT and DESTROY others property!

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:45 pm

I would rather not have that heated discussion on this forum. Just sayin'
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:38 am

Good morning.. So now that we know Carlisle is going to happen, what days is everyone planning to attend.. the wife and I usually do the weds then leave tues morning.. Im assuming a lot of us will be cutting it short this year and we may possibly do the same...let me know what days..

****Also the hotel seems to be going smooth.. Has anyone had any issues reserving a room.. Message me here and on messenger..******

I apologize as Im not getting notifications like I should.. gonna try and fix that

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:26 am

Congrats to Mario for second place stock and to 2gn for second place in the club challenge!

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:47 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:Congrats to Mario for second place stock and to 2gn for second place in the club challenge!

Hopefully we can get 1st place next year. I for sure can't wait until next year.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:16 am

Me too. I'm still bummed that I had to miss this year's event.

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:33 am

It was easier to copy my Facebook post lol

MADE IT HOME SAFE AND SOUND. I want to say thank you again to everyone who came out. My public speaking skills arent the best so I figured Id say what I had said before here...

Considering the circumstances we had an awesome turnout. I think I counted 50-60 cars on the showfield. Thank you to all who traveled long and short distances..it was awesome to get 2nd place for the club participation..

Banner raffle managed to raise $650 for Jason and the group, thank you all again for buying tickets. Congratulations to the 2 winners.

Hotel rooms seemed to go pretty smooth, we had one or two issues with keycards and a damaged lock BUT they seemed to take care of everyone semi quickly.. Thank you to everyone who helped keep the parking lot clean, the hotel owner was very pleased. If there was an issue I didn't hear about please message me.

Thank you to Mario and his wife for the awesome cookout in the parking lot. I know everyone was appreciative.

Thank you to all who helped make the weekend possible, I would tag everyone butnI dont want to forget anyone..I give Jason a lot of credit for what he does every year Its a lot of work.

Those who messaged me for a sticker PLEASE message me your mailing address. Ill get those out soon as possible.

Hopefully we can try to get a redo on both groups getting together next year..

Love you all.. I promise to actually have MY car next year lol..

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:22 am

Caraudioholic24 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:33 am
IHopefully we can try to get a redo on both groups getting together next year..
Yes... I'll need to know next year which club to list when I purchase my window sticker- "2gn.org" or "Neon Enthusiasts".

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:02 am

I would just put 2gn, they didnt change it for this year and it was suppose to be both groups... who knows what next year will bring.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:53 pm

Thanks. I do know that I won't buy my window sticker before the Gate 'n' Go date since that is too late to get a refund if plans change. I hate to pay full price but, after this year, I'm not taking any chances. By the way, Carlisle Events still hasn't sent the refund I was promised back in May (my VISA bank gave me a credit so this means that they probably had to write off the expense).

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:45 am

Since you got a credit, I doubt you'll get any response/refund from Carlisle.

None of the businesses I have filed a claim against have ever contacted me about the matter in any form. If they aren't going to return your calls or emails about a refund or exchange, they certainly aren't going to contact you about the claim.

If they do credit your account, it will go directly to the card issuer. Whether or not the issuer gives you any resolution information, is another matter.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:09 am

Oh, I'm not expecting anything from Carlisle Events now... it's just that, if I hadn't contacted Chase Bank (VISA), I would still be out the $52 that CE promised as a refund back in May. I contacted CE several weeks before Chase and then contacted Chase when the promised refund time came and went.

thomas_w
2GN Member

Post by thomas_w » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:30 pm

I had to do this for a flight that the airline cancelled lately. I requested a refund which was approved but never materialized. After 45 days, I put in a claim with the credit card company. The airline issued the refund that same day. So it seems that the credit card companies can put a reasonable amount of pressure onto someone if need be.

If you put a claim in with Chase, they already got their money back. They tend to not eat the cost unless they really have to. For companies they do regular business with, they can just take it out of what they owe that company for purchases customers made with their credit card. So they do have quite a bit of leverage.
--
Thomas

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:28 am

Carlisle Events has now sent a refund check... but after my bank had given me a credit. I voided the check and returned it to them.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:32 am

LOL, maybe they are messing with you.

Or they are going to think you are really pissed at them. :lol:

Most likely, they are probably understaffed, and just don't have time to process every single detail.

Semi related:

They shut down all the Ohio county fairs as of July 31, because no one is following the guidelines.

Lorain County was refusing to cancel, despite the request of local government, but then they announced they were canceling, hours before the Governor announced it.

The website only state refunds will be given for Grandstand entertainment if the fair is cancelled by a government agency. I'm wondering if this wan't a ploy to avoid giving refunds since they cancelled before the Governor made it official.

It wouldn't surprise me.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Neon Meets / Automotive Events - Regional Boards”