SXT from the great Northwest!

Welcome to 2GN.org... Tell us a little bit about yourself and your car if you'd like.

what next?

tint the windows
No votes
lower it
100%
remove trim
No votes

Total votes: 5

welchspro
2GN Member

SXT from the great Northwest!

Post by welchspro » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:55 pm

hey everyone, i just joined like 10 minutes ago and i figured i'd better introduce my car. It is a 2004 SXT, Graphite Gray, with the 15 inch snowflake wheels. It was stock until i got in an accident which luckily wasn't my fault, so its got some new stuff now.

Mods:
Carbon Fiber SRT-4 style hood
Z3 Fenders
Smoked clear corners
2003 headlights w/ black rim
Stubby antenna
Black LED taillights
and an AEM CAI.

I've been workin a bit more lately so i've got a little extra money, i'm thinkin of either tinting the windows, which it needs, or lowering it, which again, it needs. I'm debating on whether or not to remove the trim along the sides, since they're pretty much useless and it would make my car look alot cleaner than it already does. I'll get some pics up soon, its hella dirty at the moment.

nofrills05
2GN Member

Post by nofrills05 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:21 am

Welcome. Sounds like you have a nice Neon in the works.

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:25 am

My vote depends on what your plans are for the car? if its all for looks, then any of em would do, but if u want some performance, drop that beast on some good struts and springs (or coilovers if ur big in the wallet :) ).
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

CA180
2GN Member

Post by CA180 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:28 am

welcome... sorry, i didnt vote.... cause i think you should do all of them... nuf said

Current project... 81 C10 laying rockers
teamliviD wrote:I want another rim job!!!!

TheNumberOneD
2GN Member

Post by TheNumberOneD » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:57 am

omg! do it all!, youll be so satisfied..... umm.. i've done all three.. for maybe 500 dollars.. and i didn't even put the springs on my self.. and the tint i got done, by a friend for like 30 dollars, and the car came without the crappy molding on the side.. so that saved me, whatever that would cost..

Welcome.. good to see i'm not the newest person!

there are so many people out there that love working on dodge, especially the neon, because it is such and easy car to modifie, and there are alot of mods for it!

Tint... and lowering.. gosh! um... lowering first, then tint... .cause that car has such a big butt, and on stock spring it feels like your gonna scrape your fenders taking corners at 30 mph..... and tint.. just looks good..

so... umm... get some new eibach springs... there the best.. and then some sway bars.. then some new shocks.. then a strut bar, then 4 wheel abs pads.. then..

allright.. just the springs and the tint...

and then the srt spoiler
~Daniel

'2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4

welchspro
2GN Member

Post by welchspro » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:42 am

hey thanks everyone for your input so far, i'm liking this site the best so far of all the forums i've been to. Good to see so many straight neon enthusiasts and not have to worry about bein harrassed by airhead honda guys. I've put a few pics of my car in the garage section, they are kinda boring but you can see most of my mods by looking at them. If you have noticed, i'm kinda just focusing on looks right now, i dont really have a need to improve the performance a whole lot, its just my daily driver, though i've been thinkin up a custom exhaust setup, with a obx or borla header, high flow cat or no cat, short length of 2.5 inch piping into some kinda rounded muffler, like a glasspack thing, followed pretty shortly by a resonator, then a turndown style tip, if it goes according to plan, it would exit just before the rear wheels, maybe side exhaust i dunno. what do you think about that? just a thought.

03sxt
Former Jr. Admin

Post by 03sxt » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:22 am

Welcome to 2GN, Welchman! :thumbup:

Oh yeah... I voted for you to lower that beast. I love Neons, but they look 100000 times better when they're squatting closer to the road. ;)

Nick Drake
2GN Member

Post by Nick Drake » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:17 am

:sign3: They stop looking like a family car after you lower it.
kc2002acr wrote:because if I was racing you at a 60 roll, I would have been in second for a second till I hit 3rd, then I would have called you on my cell phone and asked you if my taillights were all working. :rofl: ;) :D

TheNumberOneD
2GN Member

Post by TheNumberOneD » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:13 am

welchspro wrote:hey thanks everyone for your input so far, i'm liking this site the best so far of all the forums i've been to. Good to see so many straight neon enthusiasts and not have to worry about bein harrassed by airhead honda guys. I've put a few pics of my car in the garage section, they are kinda boring but you can see most of my mods by looking at them. If you have noticed, i'm kinda just focusing on looks right now, i dont really have a need to improve the performance a whole lot, its just my daily driver, though i've been thinkin up a custom exhaust setup, with a obx or borla header, high flow cat or no cat, short length of 2.5 inch piping into some kinda rounded muffler, like a glasspack thing, followed pretty shortly by a resonator, then a turndown style tip, if it goes according to plan, it would exit just before the rear wheels, maybe side exhaust i dunno. what do you think about that? just a thought.

that sounds good.. and it will sound good.. but i always thought the stance of the car is what makes it look good... It's all about your own taste though, and if you like the side exhaust thingy go for it!

performance is the funnest part of a car next to audio in my opinion, oh and btw that exaust setup is accualy a pretty cheap way of getting horses, so it's a multi functional mod... maybe :?:
~Daniel

'2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4

dblsg
2GN Veteran

Post by dblsg » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:51 am

03sxt wrote:Welcome to 2GN, Welchman! :thumbup:

Oh yeah... I voted for you to lower that beast. I love Neons, but they look 100000 times better when they're squatting closer to the road. ;)
also :withstupid:

ting looks real good too, but i would lower first.
Image Sam-I-Am
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote: "eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”