Finally a site ive been lookings for.

Welcome to 2GN.org... Tell us a little bit about yourself and your car if you'd like.
Darkwing
2GN Member

Finally a site ive been lookings for.

Post by Darkwing » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:59 pm

Well hello, My name is Justin Im a Certified Tech/Service Manager for a small shop in Albuquerque NM. Im good at fixing stock cars. I got my neon a month ago from my dad even trade for a minivan. its a 2000 neon Base Automatic bone stock with 300K miles ... been researching to find what kind of potential this car has. I am also part of Club3g. So i hope to have fun in the forums :D

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:08 pm

Welcome to 2gn :) You won't find a better site for second gen Neon's anywhere else in the world.

Regarding the car, I have to say you don't exactly have a great foundation to build on. The automatic trans is kind of a fun killer, as well as an obstacle when it comes to go-fast mods. But the mileage!? Might just be me, but I would try to find something a bit less abused before you start throwing money into it. Any idea what you want to do to the car?

Oh and here's a link to the FAQ section. It's more of an information database than anything, but it also covers an array of upgrades and a ton of general info on these cars. Good place to start if you plan on getting into a build.

viewforum.php?f=53
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

Darkwing
2GN Member

Post by Darkwing » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:15 pm

well i got it for bout 240 dollars and its not so abused my dad drove it highway miles 100% of the time, i did all the maintenance including timing belts and trans flushes.

Im planning on trying to find a manual transmission donor or just a transmission and trying to find a pedal for this year(i hear its an oddball year with a cable not hydrolic)

or do a complete 2.4L with manual swap from a PT but Albuquerque is such a hard place to find deals

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Ah ha, well if it's been that well taken care of, that changes things a bit.

As far as the trans goes, you don't have to use the trans or pedal assy from a cable unit, any hydro trans and pedal set from 01-05 will work fine for you. Also note that the 01 case and gearset are interchangeable with later years; a simple bellhousing swap will make any cable T-350 hydro. It would be wise to get a matching MTX PCM, since your stocker will be looking to communicate with the ATX electronics. You would have an easier time finding a 2.4T from an SRT-4 over a PT GT btw.
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

Darkwing
2GN Member

Post by Darkwing » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:56 pm

Thanks i just posted in the drive train section asking questions about the swap...

i havent seen a 2.4T in any junkyard here in NM nearest i found was in Colorado. but they dont part out. here in alb NM i found so much 1g neons though haha

Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:48 am

:hello2:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

djmagic34
Fresh Fish

Post by djmagic34 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:01 am

Got a lot of mileage on that neon. Most I have ever heard of hearing. But sounds like you are keeping up with the maintenance on it so it should be at least a great dd.

C1DoG
2GN Member

Post by C1DoG » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:51 am

Welcome to 2GN! :thumbup:
Drove my neon until it was killed in a flood.

NeonFlash
2GN Member

Post by NeonFlash » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:39 am

Welcome to the forum Justin
IT TAKE'S A MOPAR TO CATCH A MOPAR

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”