Newbie from Mexico (!!)

Welcome to 2GN.org... Tell us a little bit about yourself and your car if you'd like.
Albius
2GN Member

Newbie from Mexico (!!)

Post by Albius » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi there.

I just was checking internet information about Neons and I decided to register in this forum. There is information I have to read in order to troubleshoot fast, reading codes meanings or make some temporary fixes to road to my home.

My name is David I'm 30 and I live in Mexico. I recently got a '05 Manual Neon SE sold by the dealer here. I have certain questions about the OEM Stereo, transmission, electrical and more things.

The first problem with my stereo unit (RBK) is that every single time I start the car the stereo makes a "buzz" noise, like something in the eject mechanism is stuck. When I put a CD on it, it takes a little while the stereo can read it but finally it does it.

The "resume play disc" function is wrong. While I drive the car, park it, then I move again, the stereo marks an "error" and eject the CD, when the correct function resumes the music when the car is started again. What could be wrong with this stereo? I'm thinking in replace it with an aftermarket unit with adapters and all the necessary stuff because the sound quality of the RBK units is really poor IMO.

I will post the behavior of the tranny and brakes in the best section.

I hope I have written in an understandable and natural way guys.

I love Neons and I hope to have a white SRT-4 someday...

Nothing against other brands but Mopar or no Car.

Peace!

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:27 pm

:hello2:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

The Flash
2GN Member

Post by The Flash » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Welcome to the forums :D and I hope you find your answers from the huge amount of knowledge on this forum. I'm pretty sure that there are many people on this site that can help you out

Albius
2GN Member

Post by Albius » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:07 pm

Thanks a lot for the welcome guys. :)

I think I have a namesake here with @Midnight_Rider.

I hope to find the answers I'm looking for and If I can help somebody with anything, I will be glad to do it.
..:: Albius ::..

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”