Hello from 1 Neon Luver to Another!

Welcome to 2GN.org... Tell us a little bit about yourself and your car if you'd like.
HWDvnt
n00b

Hello from 1 Neon Luver to Another!

Post by HWDvnt » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:49 pm

Hello everyone, thanks for allowing me to be part of your Gen2 community.

My name is Chris and I live in central NC. I currently am the owner of a 2004 Neon SXT, 2.0L w/automatic trans. and NO aftermarket parts or upgrades. My youngest daughter is currently using it as her daily driver. I also have a 2002 Neon base, with a 2.0L an 5 speed manual trans. Todate, I have replaced the rear drum brakes with disc brakes from an ‘04
SRT-4, along with the factory SRT-4 exhaust system from the manifold back. I have removed the entire dash, along with all mounts an brackets, with the exception of the steering column mount. I’m trying to redesign the entire dash and center console of the car.

Next up grade I would like is to replace my SOHC head with a DOHC head. My first question about the swap is, are there any differences between the DOHC head from a 2.4L SRT motor, and the older DOHC head from the 2.0L engines, like different cams or valves?

Second question is, if I don’t have access to another complete car or motor, what’s every part I will need to purchase to complete this swap?

Again, thank you for allowing me to be here, and I look forward to all the knowledge I will accrue from the forums!!

Thanks, Chris :D

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Re: Hello from 1 Neon Luver to Another!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:04 am

Welcome to 2gn! Sounds like you have lots of work planned.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”