update on my 01 RT w/ SRT powered

Doing a SRT-4 Motor swap into your Neon, maybe even a 2.4... have questions about it, what you'll need or what issues you'll run into? Answers can be found in here.
c2k
2GN Member

update on my 01 RT w/ SRT powered

Post by c2k » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:08 pm

well..

I'd like to give out to special thanks to diablo0, adamk, evilcreations for taking their time to answer my endless questions.

My car is practically *almost* perfect w/ one thing left to do and that's the SKIM module. I've ordered a brand new skim module a virgin one so i can be able to program my virgin RT key cut to my RT vin # and programmed into my SRT vin # for my SRT skim. That will be done on Wednesday.

I bought diablo0's side airbag module and plugged it in w/ 2ohm 1/4 watts restrictor into the seat harness and that made the airbag light to go away which made me very pleased! I dont have any CEL, or airbag light shown on my car at all. The only thing I stated above is my skim light which needs to be programmed in and I am all set!

I now have 4 things left to do for my car which is the typical SRT maintence :)

-replace my worm clamps w/ t-clamps
-fix my QW direct fit FMIC
-install my aeroforce scan gauge
-install my NGK AFX wideband kit

that's pretty much it! :)

FYI evilcreation - i know you told me you already removed the airbag light at the cluster. You should put in the 2ohm 1/4 watt restrictor in the plug on the pass side airbag so you dont have to hear the annoying chime everytime you start the car up ;)
c2k aka Canuck_2k

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:02 pm

Glad to see it worked for you man... and you're welcome about all the questions ;-)
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

eVilcreations
Former Jr. Admin

Post by eVilcreations » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:46 am

Good stuff, you know I'm always there to answer your questions, or just to chat man.

Props on your car.

Josh

Drvr02RT
2GN Member

Post by Drvr02RT » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:39 pm

Did you have to cut the front bumper at all? If so, do you have any pics of what to cut?
'02 Silver R/T
'04 SRT Swap
Stage 2 WGA
----18psi----
AGP Dogbones
Boogers
Mopar Lowering Springs
Hotchkis Sway Bars
Koni's

c2k
2GN Member

Post by c2k » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:12 am

oh yeaaaaaah!!

I had to cut A LOT out of the front bumper to clear the stock fmic! now Im running QW direct fit fmic, I had to cut out another 1 1/4" off the bumper. So I'd say.. maybe a total of 4" off the bumper??
c2k aka Canuck_2k

Return to “Motor Swap”