swapping a 03 Magnum into a 00 ATX

Doing a SRT-4 Motor swap into your Neon, maybe even a 2.4... have questions about it, what you'll need or what issues you'll run into? Answers can be found in here.
papastryfe
n00b

swapping a 03 Magnum into a 00 ATX

Post by papastryfe » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:34 pm

So I'm getting prepared to do this swap. Asking for help bc I don't want to miss anything and want to have all my ducks in a row once I lift the hood. This will be a 2003 r/t magnum (reworked, only 30K on the bottom end, 5K on the head/valves) going into a 2000 2.0 sohc (everything is stock under there). So far I've learned:

To swap a sbec to a ngc I need the PCM, engine harness(motor is coming with both) , and body harness from an 03 (will be getting one).
I also need to have the PCM SKIM reprogrammed (I have a guy, so that part is set)

Understand I am doing this bc of the price I got everything at and I am "freshening" up my skittle and making him last as long as possible. My current enging has 216k on it and it's starting to get pretty tired.

Is there anything I am forgetting? I have all 4 mounts sitting too, might as well do that while I am swapping, no sense in hanging it on old mounts.

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:44 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm "the guy" :lol: (we talked on Facebook if so) but either way, I can't remember.... is your car already SKIM equipped?
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

papastryfe
n00b

Post by papastryfe » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:48 pm

sidepipe87 wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm "the guy" :lol: (we talked on Facebook if so) but either way, I can't remember.... is your car already SKIM equipped?
Yep I'm the Northeast PA guy, we did talk on FB.. It def has SKIM, I actually had replaced the ignition lock tumbler last year and remember the SKIM module. I posted on here to appeal to a larger audience and make sure I don't miss a thing. Stitch, as I call him, is my DD.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:50 am

Should be able to keep your current SKIM/Keys then.

One bonus of converting to NGC is you have the option of swapping a 2.4 all the way to 2010, giving you a bigger/newer engine base.

(Which if you ever need to after this engine swap, it might be an even bigger advantage by then. )

Granted MS or other engine management will take care of getting one to work in an SBEC car, getting around emissions is an other matter.

Of course if the car can make it to 25 years, then you need not worry about emissions testing. Unless of course that changes...
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Motor Swap”