Clutch issues after SRT swap into '03

Doing a SRT-4 Motor swap into your Neon, maybe even a 2.4... have questions about it, what you'll need or what issues you'll run into? Answers can be found in here.
03sxr/t
2GN Member

Clutch issues after SRT swap into '03

Post by 03sxr/t » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:33 pm

So Ive somewhat finished my swap from an '05 SRT-4 to my '03 R/T. It runs great but the problem that I am having now is that the clutch isnt working enough to let the vehicle roll when in gear.

So far I have removed the trans and replaced the throw out, fork and pivot ball. Removed the trans again to make sure that I didnt f something up. Replaced the Slave cyl because i pressed the clutch with it out installed to start the car. ive bled the system multiple times, both with the slave and pedal. I can hear the throw out pushing on the clutch but its like its just not enough.

All I know about the donor car was that the cluch was replaced last year and it drove without issue before it was hit.

Pedal is adjusted as far as I can. Its like I need an extra quarter inch. Is this an issue that could be from the Master? or should I be ordering a new clutch? This is all that is stopping me from driving the car. Im frustrated and just want to enjoy it

2003 SX2.0 R/T
SRT Swapped
Lambo "Giallo Midas Mica" (L0G1)

04R/T
2GN Member

Post by 04R/T » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:46 pm

Are you using the SRT clutch pedal or the one that came with the R/T? The standard Neon pedal won't work the SRT clutch setup.

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:09 am

^ That's stop #1!

Then I'd check your clutch, shifter cables, slave, etc. . .It may all be bled but there could be a broken link somewhere.
el. oh. el.

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:21 pm

He said on Facebook last night he's had the SRT pedals in the car for years... so I guess that isn't it.
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Hm. Color me lost, then.
el. oh. el.

03sxr/t
2GN Member

Post by 03sxr/t » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:25 am

sidepipe87 wrote:He said on Facebook last night he's had the SRT pedals in the car for years... so I guess that isn't it.
I updated a few hours later. I feel like the biggest ass.

Years back I swapped pedals, atleast the gas pedal. The clutch and brake I trimmed so that the srt pedal pads would fit on. I forgot all about this until I really got thinking about it. Swapped pedals today and it's fixed. Runs and drives great. Couple bugs to work out but at least I can drive it.

2003 SX2.0 R/T
SRT Swapped
Lambo "Giallo Midas Mica" (L0G1)

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:10 am

03sxr/t wrote:
sidepipe87 wrote:He said on Facebook last night he's had the SRT pedals in the car for years... so I guess that isn't it.

Years back I swapped pedals, atleast the gas pedal. The clutch and brake I trimmed so that the srt pedal pads would fit on. I forgot all about this until I really got thinking about it. Swapped pedals today and it's fixed. Runs and drives great. Couple bugs to work out but at least I can drive it.
Glad you figured it out! I too use an SRT gas pedal but just the covers on the brake and clutch. Explains why you thought they were SRT pedals.

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:09 pm

FAC3L3SS wrote:
03sxr/t wrote:

Glad you figured it out! I too use an SRT gas pedal but just the covers on the brake and clutch.
Me three!
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

Return to “Motor Swap”