05 NGC Swap

Doing a SRT-4 Motor swap into your Neon, maybe even a 2.4... have questions about it, what you'll need or what issues you'll run into? Answers can be found in here.
moparmut
Fresh Fish

05 NGC Swap

Post by moparmut » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:08 pm

Hey every one, so let just start out I found this sight a couple of days ago and a lot of info. I'm was bid in the 2.2/2.5 turbo and the 3.0, and jeeps. I have a 87 Shelby Daytona sitting on the back burner. But here's my question.
I have a 2005 dodge neon sxt (srt design), and I found a 04 pt motor with 24,xxx on the clock. There is alot of mixed info on the wiring. Some say you have to rotate the cam Magnet. Rotate the injector and plug wires over one. Others say swap out two wiring clips run 24# mod injectors and run the stock pcm. What Combo work with the NGC motors. Thank for Ur time.

jonnymopar
Junior Admin

Post by jonnymopar » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:37 pm

The only time you need to play around with swapping injectors or messing around with the cam magnet is running the 2.4 off of a 2.0 PCM. My plan when I eventually do the same to my 2003 is to use the same year non-turbo PT cruiser PCM. This will work with the existing Neon wiring and will run the engine properly since it was designed for it. I've got mine sitting at the bottom of my tool box waiting for the engine, hehe. Just have to somehow get the car to the dealership afterwards to have the VIN flashed in.

I was also big into the 8V turbo engines. But in 2007, I shoved a freshly-rebuilt 2.4 turbo into my Daytona and bolted it to a 555. 44k miles on it and strong as ever!
Jon J.

2003 Neon SXT - new home, new owner. Thanks for everything, old friend.
1989 Daytona ES - 2.4L/A555 swapped

Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon Until Jerry Buys It" Club Member #11

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:05 pm

On the NGC stuff, you do not have to rotate the cam magnet. I do believe you will have to change the fuel injector sequence, but I'm not 100% certain.

Easiest way might be to find a MTX PT ecu and get the vin flashed to your car.

D-Railed_Neon
2011 Bronze Contributor

Post by D-Railed_Neon » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:53 pm

following this one as I ran into the same discrepancies as Moparmut. I also have read some say magnet flip, others say injectors or coil wires need to be swapped and others say straight plug and play. I am also hoping for the best case scenario but would love for us to get a sticky post up confirming and debunking the myths and questions of the NGC 2.4 swap.
MY PROJECT LOG My Old 2002 ES AND My 2003 SXT

It is not that we cannot be friends, it's that you are a zombie, and I am almost out of ammo. -Someone

Return to “Motor Swap”