power windows/locks. need some help : )

Questions about interior lighting, shift knobs, just anything mainly to do with modifications on the inside of the car. Ask those questions here.
apk2k6
2GN Member

power windows/locks. need some help : )

Post by apk2k6 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:15 am

im looking to install power windows/locks in my car. if i bought the door panels for this would these 2 kits accomplish what i want?

http://commandocaralarms.com/itemdetail ... ductID=603

http://commandocaralarms.com/itemdetail ... ductID=427

i know if i wanted power mirrors i would have to get those as well but i'll worry about that a little later. the door panels im currently looking at are from a srt-4 with the silver handles and was wondering if i could just put the dark grey ones that i have currently into the new panels. thanks for the help
2003 Flame Red SE ATX

scneonchic
2GN Veteran

Post by scneonchic » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:19 pm

i am a bit confused about this:
the door panels im currently looking at are from a srt-4 with the silver handles and was wondering if i could just put the dark grey ones that i have currently into the new panels.
maybe im just reading wrong, but are we we talking about putting the switch 'panel' thing from the srt4 door panels on your stock manual panels?

im sure it can be done, maybe w/ a bit of custom work, but why would u want to hack up a really nice srt door panel (which id personally rather have than trying to convert the manual one over)?

as far as that kit you posted, i dont see why it wouldnt work but im not too good w/ electircal stuff so you might want to ask BlackRoseRacing or maybe CrucialNeon? try a junkyard too, you can probably yank all that from a neon out there, i know thats how the honda guys get power doors and windows on their cars, because its pretty much interchangeable between all honda models, but im sure a junkyard near you might have the parts you need for that.

sorry for the long post :lol:

apk2k6
2GN Member

Post by apk2k6 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:13 pm

i wasnt talking about the switch panel but its ok the srt deal didnt fall through, i was talking about the actual door handle. thanks tho
2003 Flame Red SE ATX

05SEblue
2GN Member

Post by 05SEblue » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:10 pm

if you go with the spal kit i highly recommend it. it works well i installed them in my neon
-Ty

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:48 pm

Holy wow, I am still choking from the dust that came off that thread! :rofl:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Gnuserup
2GN Member

Post by Gnuserup » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:49 am

But the links are still working :thumbup:

Dabuh
2GN Member

Post by Dabuh » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:26 am

<----------Runs back to some old forums on remote controlled cars to see if the un-answered questions go answered 5 years later :rofl:
RADARsx 2.0 wrote:
UriahRR wrote:
Dabuh wrote: This is after an accident as you can see;
Oh yes, I can see the accident. The big, tall, scaffolding accident.
No No...that's his shopping cart handle...lol
ROFL!!!

Return to “Interior”