Carbon Fiber Vinyl overlay installed

Questions about interior lighting, shift knobs, just anything mainly to do with modifications on the inside of the car. Ask those questions here.
Xployted77
2GN Member

Carbon Fiber Vinyl overlay installed

Post by Xployted77 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:54 pm

So installed the overlays today. Got one photo, more coming when there is better light. Just finished, took this photo after first install section.

------------------
01 Plymouth Neon
Project Xployted-In Progress
viewtopic.php?t=61264
-----------
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #201

darthroush
2GN Member

Post by darthroush » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:07 am

Is that the DiNoc stuff? Looks pretty decent; either that, or it's the alcohol talking :P

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:47 am

Would look better if it was folded into the openings, but that ups the difficulty level considerably.
Bill
dblsg wrote:ya'll a bunch of post whores
Seriously people, this is 2019 not 1920.
2001 Neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
Help support 2GN!

Ramroid
2GN Member

Post by Ramroid » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:32 am

Should have pulled the vents, wrapped the vinyl into the vents to make it look like its 1 solid piece of CF. I did that on my old BMW and it looked great. Matched my doorpanels and A pillars.

My interior was black, so it looked even better..lol

Public Disturbance
2GN Member

Post by Public Disturbance » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:47 am

occasional demons wrote:Would look better if it was folded into the openings, but that ups the difficulty level considerably.
Its not that bad if you use heat

Ramroid
2GN Member

Post by Ramroid » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:07 am

Public Disturbance wrote:
occasional demons wrote:Would look better if it was folded into the openings, but that ups the difficulty level considerably.
Its not that bad if you use heat
Hairdryer to heat the material..makes stretching it easy.

Cover the entire area with the material, making sure its stretched tight, no bubbles..etc. Cut an X patter where the vent is, spray adhesive on the material, take a small fabric roller to the inside of the vent..ta-da. Turn the car on, and turn the heater on low to help cure/dry the adhesive. If you can get it all in one giant piece of material, the outcome looks 16516 times better.

http://neffywrap.com/index.php?main_page=page_2
Thats also a little how-to

Xployted77
2GN Member

Post by Xployted77 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:56 pm

I got a roll coming, the ones I installed was from a pre-cut kit that the company offered, but it lacked in some areas, so I bought the same style roll to finish the job where I wanted more overlay.
------------------
01 Plymouth Neon
viewtopic.php?t=61264
-----------

robertknueppel
2GN Member

Post by robertknueppel » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:40 pm

I dont know if its just me being paranoid about it, but when you 'stretch' the carbon fiber overlay, does the pattern stretch out?

Xployted77
2GN Member

Post by Xployted77 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Not really cause you should not have to stretch much at all. Most rolls come in a 24" width by X" length. 24" in width is more then enough to cover most inside parts of the car, with no stretching, more cutting to fit. Most stretching is mm in size so there is no noticable stretch look to it.
------------------
01 Plymouth Neon
viewtopic.php?t=61264
-----------

robertknueppel
2GN Member

Post by robertknueppel » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:19 pm

HMM i never knew the stretching was that minimal. Guess ill have to try it. I want to do something bu i dont know what to do. I thought about doing my mirrors but idk how i feel about it. Does the clear coat work on the vinyl? So it looks like real cf(shiney)?

Ramroid
2GN Member

Post by Ramroid » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:56 pm

robertknueppel wrote:HMM i never knew the stretching was that minimal. Guess ill have to try it. I want to do something bu i dont know what to do. I thought about doing my mirrors but idk how i feel about it. Does the clear coat work on the vinyl? So it looks like real cf(shiney)?
The Vinyl wrap they use for interiors isnt meant to be shiny. It's meant to look like unfinished CF, and it looks damn good in my opinion. You should never need to stretch fabric alot when wrapping something. Sure, you want it tight, but not tight enough it warps the grain on the material.

As far as doing your mirrors, i wouldn't do it with the interior wrap he used. Try http://store.carbonfibergear.com/3m-di- ... iber-vinyl#

Return to “Interior”