Color matching (not your ordinary question)

Questions about interior lighting, shift knobs, just anything mainly to do with modifications on the inside of the car. Ask those questions here.
mrsixstrings12
2GN Member

Color matching (not your ordinary question)

Post by mrsixstrings12 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:50 pm

I re-did some interior pieces over the summer and i'd like to match them all but need help deciding which would be the most cost-effective way.

right now i have red pillars, red HVAC surround, and red vents. I also have black headliner (redone with actual black headliner fabric, not sprayed)

So i was wondering if it would be better (easier, cost effective, and better looking) if i was just to find fabric that matched the dark slate color and spray the trim pieces to match, or just spray everything black.

Im thinking the first option just because if i were to spray everything black the carpet and seats wouldnt match but has anyone found a fabric that closely resembles the color of the dark slate??

2003 Neon SE

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:17 am

There is leather that matches as well as dark slate fabric. Brodie had some in his 2gn when he had it (supertrick_05) but I can't seem to find any pictures of it now. It was like a headliner material if I remember right.

You confused me with the fabric and the spray. I'm assuming you want to wrap them and call it a day, not re-paint, yes?

mrsixstrings12
2GN Member

Post by mrsixstrings12 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:39 pm

Yeah i worded it kinda weird haha. I meant re-do the headliner with a fabric that matches the dark slate, and re-spray everything that is red, back to dark slate.

Or the other option would to spray every part of the dash black

2003 Neon SE

Ramroid
2GN Member

Post by Ramroid » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:12 pm

mrsixstrings12 wrote:Yeah i worded it kinda weird haha. I meant re-do the headliner with a fabric that matches the dark slate, and re-spray everything that is red, back to dark slate.

Or the other option would to spray every part of the dash black
i wouldn't spray the dash to be honest, unless you plan on pulling it all out(overspray, etc..blah). Go to the local fabric shop around you, find a piece of fabric and re-do the headliner, its a easy fix, and less of a pain in the ass than spraying everything.

Return to “Interior”