Post your Switch Clusters!

Questions about interior lighting, shift knobs, just anything mainly to do with modifications on the inside of the car. Ask those questions here.
Nathan9790
2GN Member

Post your Switch Clusters!

Post by Nathan9790 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:42 am

Hey all! :rockon: :D trying to get some ideas for a switch cluster in the space between the Rear Window Defrost and the 12V Outlet. So post pics of yours! I was thinking a piece of plexiglass with a blue LED Strip behind it.

iThane
2GN Member

Post by iThane » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:35 pm

I've seen quite a few uses. I don't really have the motivation to go search for all the pictures I've seen but IIRC, SxXxT had like a wall outlet for something like a cell phone wall charger. I've also seen people put in a USB female end, light switches, and i think in some neons there was something like traction control you could toggle and the switch was placed in that empty spot. If you ask me, It's a pretty useless hole unless you mount something there. Anything I put in there just slides out when I accelerate.. *shrug*
My Progress Log
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000104

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:00 pm

iThane wrote: If you ask me, It's a pretty useless hole unless you mount something there. Anything I put in there just slides out when I accelerate.. *shrug*
You'll have that in Sin City. :lol:

I had a dual USB outlet in mine, and a remote for my Zune when I had the dock in the console. The USB's were power only, no data. Mainly for charging a phone, or powering a GPS. Much neater and compact compared to the old school power outlet plugs.

Of course they have USB adapters for those, now.

I don't know that I ever took a pic of it tho. Basically a piece of plexiglass that I dremeled the openings for the remote reciever and LED. And the USB port. Painted the back side black, so it appeared as a smooth black panel.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

jdusty914
2GN Member

Post by jdusty914 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:56 pm

Nathan,

Are you looking to do something like this?

All I did was cut out a piece of plexiglass that then take a certain drill bit to make it look frosted. I then took a RGB LED strip that automatically changed color and put it behind it. I also did one for the CD changer area when it got removed.

Return to “Interior”