Still some surviving like its 2003!

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Still some surviving like its 2003!

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:57 pm

Recent article! :D County I live in.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Re: Still some surviving like its 2003!

Post by occasional demons » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:32 pm

I occasionally see a few 2gns around in pretty decent shape. Unfortunately on the salt covered roads. Not sure if they came from other states, but it's too bad they are being taken to the slaughter...

I haven't seen a 1gn for a while now. Used to see more 1gn's than 2gn's.

Edit: What's with the jail house clothing? :lol:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:40 pm

I still see a lot of 2gns around here and the occasional 1gn as well. I surprised a lady in the Rural King parking lot last weekend- she was in a 2002 and I was all over it. LOL I did explain to her why I was checking out her car so closely but I think that she thought that I was a little strange.

It helps to live in a factory town.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:22 pm

yeah didn't notice the clothing hahaha. he is just trying to get his license yo! why dey b closed???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

there is a rare one rolling around my town... a yellow 03+ 2gn R/T. Very very rough, rusted to hell. Cool to see it though. a 03+ SXT faded blaze red with no clearcoat at my job. it might be a stick too...I never see 1gns anymore. I will see 2gns from time to time but its pretty rare. I honestly wouldn't mind finding at clean rust free 1gn ACR or R/T coupe. That would be fun to have I miss my 1gn dohc coupe. Or even a 5 speed 2gn any model.

midnight..yup, not many neon enthusiasts out there anymore, she probably was super confused that someone was looking at here 20yr old neon. 2002 looked so good.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:53 pm

My wife is always watching those crime shows, and in a recent one two inmates they were interviewing had that exact same clothing.

I'd be more worried about getting shot for being mistaken for an escaped prisoner...
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Pizzacrust
2GN Member

Post by Pizzacrust » Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:07 pm

Lol I keep an eye out for Neons whenever I'm out driving back and forth from work. Most of them are second gens that seem to be in pretty decent shape. I saw some srt4s in the past but not much anymore.
2001 Dodge Neon R/T
2008 Volkswagen R32
2021 Mazda 3 Turbo
My old sig, thanks Jason :lol:

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:49 pm

There are several 2gn Neons around here, but, since this is a factory town, it isn't surprising. Most are in pretty bad shape (rusting rockers). I also see an occasional 1gn but those are rare.

I have to be careful since most owners don't understand why I walk around their Neons for a good look and ask questions. As I wrote above, on more than one occasions, I have scared lady drivers by approaching their cars ("Who is this old geezer, checking out my Neon?").
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Return to “Picture Post”