Stripped Emblems and moldings.

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
King Crab
2GN Member

Post by King Crab » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:04 pm

GTS wrote:Ummm I think you rotors are mounted backwards.... I think they should have the lower edge of the grooves should hit the pad first and as the slot moves along it shaves material or dirt off and throws it out away from the center of the rotor...

IDK I think thats how they need to be..
I checked around a lot before mounting and I found that the top edge of both the slots and the drill arch should hit the pad first. It seems to work fine and they have been installed for almost a year with no problems.

example: http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/faqs.shtml

But Thanks for the concern. :thumbup:
~David~

patiofurnituregt
2GN Member

Post by patiofurnituregt » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:43 pm

the direction or side the rotor is mounted isn't determined by the direction of the slotting rather by the direction of the vanes of the rotor. Some manufacturers have the slots goin in opposite directions. So you they could be on backwards just depends on which way the vanes curl.
"Torque Happens...unless you drive a Honda"

"In the road of life there are many tempting parking places"

King Crab
2GN Member

Post by King Crab » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:44 am

patiofurnituregt you're absolutely correct. I should have gone into more detail about my rotors and which way, if any, the vanes curve. As for mine they are straight and so are positioned correctly.

Another link that help me out.
http://www.zeckhausen.com/how_to_proper ... rotors.htm
~David~

patiofurnituregt
2GN Member

Post by patiofurnituregt » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:57 am

yeah if the vanes are straight then it just depends on whether the slot continue to the edge of the rotor, so they would be centrifugaly vented. If it ends prematurely then I believe they go on as you have them, but I never understood really why it mattered with that style.

Who is the maker of the rotors you got and where they noticably lighter? I just got and SRT front brake swap that came with brembo (blank) rotors, I'm looking for lighter rotors because they were quite a bit heavier than the stock 10.2 inchers...amazing what an in in dia. does..lol
"Torque Happens...unless you drive a Honda"

"In the road of life there are many tempting parking places"

King Crab
2GN Member

Post by King Crab » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:39 am

I got my rotors from TriNet Motor Sports. I've had them on my baby for just under a year now. To be honest I never even thought about their weight. So I couldn't tell you one way or the other on the difference. I guess the next time I do my oil change and tire rotation (soon, 400 miles to go), I could take off the rotors and compare them to the stock rotors (as I keep everything).

Here's the link to their site: http://www.trinetmotorsports.com/
~David~

Return to “Picture Post”