"JDM" style thread.

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
flhmfd
2GN Member

"JDM" style thread.

Post by flhmfd » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:42 pm

i know a select few of you might appreciate this, to everyone else, if its not your thing the internet has a back key

just a few random ones i thought were nicely done. (and some shots of mine lol)

and any pics of glasswars car...that car is ftw.

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:49 pm

wingless preview!

probably my favorite SRT ever:

thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

unleashedcc
2GN Member

Post by unleashedcc » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:50 pm

I had too :lol:

NOW with LED tails!
Last edited by unleashedcc on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Dres

BWS3 04 Yellow SRT - 1 out of 127 :)
02 SXT - Completely converted to RT/Chrysler (Every bolt on possible) - SOLD

flhmfd
2GN Member

Post by flhmfd » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:52 pm

rightfully so...your car is chock full of win.

i wish i had your wheels.

unleashedcc
2GN Member

Post by unleashedcc » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:55 pm

250$

psych! :rofl:
-Dres

BWS3 04 Yellow SRT - 1 out of 127 :)
02 SXT - Completely converted to RT/Chrysler (Every bolt on possible) - SOLD

w0158981
2GN Member

Post by w0158981 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:09 pm

i gotta say guys the cars all look amazing, hopefully one day i'll make this thread *looks to the skys* anyways looking good i especialy love the headlights on that blue srt that is unique love it.

also jdm, what does it really mean?

Mopar_Korean
2GN Member

Post by Mopar_Korean » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:18 pm

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market, meaning that the stuff is designed and usually sold only in Japan.

As of the past couple years JDM has been a "fad", "style", "way of life" or what have you. It usually includes a "clean" and less is more approach to styling. (i.e. No stickers, fart canons, neon, chrome, or huge wings)

"Stands for Japanese Domestic Market. It is for car parts. Main compaines are Honda, and Nissan. The reason for JDM is because many import cars such as Civics and Integras have been "detuned" to meet regulations in the United States. Therefore swaping a Japanese engine into an "American" Honda Civic is considered intergration to its truest form.

Many difference that many people don't know is it is seperate from the ricer street racing scene. Many races are on profession tracks. Which many enthusist race in Time Attack. JDM compared to ricers are much cleaner in their styling.
Ricer V. JDM

Ricer Mods:
4 inches no name muffler
17inches Chrome Rims
Clear Altezza Taillights
Clear Cornered Headlights
Cut Springs to lower ride

JDM:
OEM exhausts ( Civics will upgrade to CTR: civic type R exhaust)
16inch JDM rims (Brands such as Volk, Rays, Spoon and etc.)
OEM headlight and taillights
Full Coilover systems

Main Difference is All JDM parts are named brand to ensure performance. Most JDM parts are more expensive because it needs to be imported to be the real deal "

JDM example

Normalish import
Imported From Detroit
2001 Dodge Neon
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

w0158981
2GN Member

Post by w0158981 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:25 pm

o ok thanks

thats definatly flhmfd car. car is nice and clean but dam them rims set the car off, its amazing by far one of my favorite looking neons on here.

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:33 pm

:hitit: :la: to anthonys wingless pic
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:07 am

Thanks OB! Post up your car man. I think it most definitely qualifies.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

sxxxt
2GN Member

Post by sxxxt » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:13 am

what size wheels are on the 1st gen up there. and what the hell is up with the headlights on the BLue SRT

This Ya Boy
2GN Member

Post by This Ya Boy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:16 am

sxxxt wrote:what size wheels are on the 1st gen up there. and what the hell is up with the headlights on the BLue SRT

:withstupid:

Cabbs
2GN Member

Post by Cabbs » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:27 am

glasswars wrote:

Jesus Christ those are some big LED's.

Mopar_Korean
2GN Member

Post by Mopar_Korean » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:49 am

Thoes are a retrofit. They are projectors from a Infinty Q45.

HID FTW!

Imported From Detroit
2001 Dodge Neon
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

randomZERO
2GN Member

Post by randomZERO » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:31 am

We drive Neons guys, Neons. There is not a JDM thing on our cars other then Glasswars type r lip and its been cut up so that is a Honda insult(which is fine with me). Wheels that are colored are not JDM because muscle car guys have been coloring wheels for years it is nothing new. You do not need to label your car with VIP and JDM because you arent a Chaser, Aristo or a Civic. Just style your car with what you like and dont name it just have your own style. :quotes:

And yes those are Q45 projectors and they are kinda nice.

And just so you know I love the style of Drift or JDM(hate the acronym) "VIP" so here is some REAL of both.
This was a friend of mines R32 Skyline GTST was the first time I had ever driven right hand drive and it is pretty sweet but again the fitment is pretty good but needs to be lower. Note that tan neon in front is mine incase there was a doubt
I want to make this cars babies.....

Sorry for killing the post but yeah Neons are Neons and JDM is JDM

viewtopic.php?t=33260<<<<<Pics & Mods

measy27
2GN Member

Post by measy27 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:23 am

this thread is full of win.....
'06 Nissan Murano S AWD

theTeejmiester
2GN Member

Post by theTeejmiester » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:14 am

well i just use the JDM acronym to so that everyone will know right off the bat that i am "into"the less is more styling.i am going simple,clean with top end everything.i have gotten far away from the "oohh thats shiny!!! i want " mind set to" if it doesnt fit with want i want over all plan that i have in mind then it does not get added.

this is what i want my car to look like at this point

JDM is a frame of mind,

here are a few more pics

some of my car,and many others

my self made black housing headlights,sorry i like this pic lol

and JDM style or not this car is fucking bad ass

and i love the style that the VW guys are doing.so sick,talk about stance

i love clean,low cars call it JDM or not :thumbup:
Ziptie's come in handy when a prostitute gets mouthy or reluctant
*eye twitches*
I like people who BUY a 10 sec car and then brag about it. Thats like hiring someone to bang your wife and then bragging about the kid

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:51 am

:withstupid:

JDM is a style, not necessarily a country of origin. It no longer refers only to imports from Japan, but any car built to be clean and simple. Look at the term rice. It used to mean any Japanese import, regardless of style. Now it is used to describe shitty cars from all countries. That's my analogy at least. Kinda covered both ends of the tuning spectrum in that post huh :lol:

Here's a few shots of my car, per request:

-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:19 am

Not JDM but KDM

'KRACK DOMESTIC MARKET'
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

REKIII
2GN Member

Post by REKIII » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:50 am

Mopar_Korean wrote:JDM = Japanese Domestic Market, meaning that the stuff is designed and usually sold only in Japan.

As of the past couple years JDM has been a "fad", "style", "way of life" or what have you. It usually includes a "clean" and less is more approach to styling. (i.e. No stickers, fart canons, neon, chrome, or huge wings)

"Stands for Japanese Domestic Market. It is for car parts. Main compaines are Honda, and Nissan. The reason for JDM is because many import cars such as Civics and Integras have been "detuned" to meet regulations in the United States. Therefore swaping a Japanese engine into an "American" Honda Civic is considered intergration to its truest form.

Many difference that many people don't know is it is seperate from the ricer street racing scene. Many races are on profession tracks. Which many enthusist race in Time Attack. JDM compared to ricers are much cleaner in their styling.
Ricer V. JDM

Ricer Mods:
4 inches no name muffler
17inches Chrome Rims
Clear Altezza Taillights
Clear Cornered Headlights
Cut Springs to lower ride

JDM:
OEM exhausts ( Civics will upgrade to CTR: civic type R exhaust)
16inch JDM rims (Brands such as Volk, Rays, Spoon and etc.)
OEM headlight and taillights
Full Coilover systems

Main Difference is All JDM parts are named brand to ensure performance. Most JDM parts are more expensive because it needs to be imported to be the real deal "

Glad someone brough this up.
2001 Neon ATX - Superfast!

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:14 pm

theTeejmiester wrote:and JDM style or not this car is fucking bad ass

That car....is actually quite scary looking. Like someone set it on fire and it just won't die. Its back for more. Like that broad from the Grudge :shock:

Here are a few I have taken pictures of that I personally like.

That is all.....for now

TNK
2GN Veteran

Post by TNK » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:45 pm

i find it funny that Mztykal's cars popped up 3 times in this thread. the last one he built is in the OP, and teej posted 2 versions of his old 2gn.... Mztykal was the OG of mixing Neons and JDM-style. but i agree with the commentof a Neon isn't JDM, it's not. our cars are domestic, yeah, you can get some export parts, but you're still not JDM. some damn fine looking JDM-inspired Neons and SRTs in this thread though. definitely full of win.

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
TheRandom1 wrote:My true opinion here is that the only time rubber should be stretched is when it's going over a penis.

theTeejmiester
2GN Member

Post by theTeejmiester » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:41 pm

^^^yeah mztykals cars are awe inspiring.and no neons are not JDM but still the inspiration is there.so i dunno what to call it otherwise,JIUSDM??? Japanese Inspired United States Domestic Manufactured :roll: the "my style" thing is hard to explain to people who are not into cars.like the otherday when for the 100th time someone asked me what kinda car mine was :tardbang: when i told then it was a neon the said "i didnt know neons could look like that,nice"so i like the cross-over style and keeping it clean its the main thing.damn i have said too much,i tend to wander on this subject :thefinger: :)
*eye twitches*
I like people who BUY a 10 sec car and then brag about it. Thats like hiring someone to bang your wife and then bragging about the kid

lexeon
2GN Member

Post by lexeon » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:01 pm

im not trying to be a dick.. but do all of you know what JDM is?

TNK
2GN Veteran

Post by TNK » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:11 pm

^i suppose you are gonna tell us?

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
TheRandom1 wrote:My true opinion here is that the only time rubber should be stretched is when it's going over a penis.

randomZERO
2GN Member

Post by randomZERO » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:14 pm

To those arguing what to call it, its called "Car Modding". So my Chrysler grill came from Canada, so that makes it CDM (Canadian Domestic Market) thats dumb. Like I said mod it how you like but dont try and label it as something its not. Some kids take inspiration from Boeing with there big wings but they are not Jet Fighters (for Wenuden) :rofl: and some take inspiration from other outlets but just mod.

viewtopic.php?t=33260<<<<<Pics & Mods

Chris's 02
2GN Member

Post by Chris's 02 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:49 pm

this is deff my new favorite thread
Chris

SCN member # 6
SCN forum member #10

Chris's 02
2GN Member

Post by Chris's 02 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:49 pm

this is deff my new favorite thread
Chris

SCN member # 6
SCN forum member #10

theTeejmiester
2GN Member

Post by theTeejmiester » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:03 pm

lexeon wrote:im not trying to be a dick.. but do all of you know what JDM is?

Hmmm i think that is open to interpretation,ask five people the same question and you will get six answers.this is from wiki.cause we all know wiki is right :rofl:

Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) is a term for Japan's economic market for Japanese-brand goods, such as automobiles and parts. The term's most common application is to Japanese-brand automobiles built specifically for the Japanese market, i.e., designed and constructed to conform to Japanese vehicle and equipment regulations and to suit Japanese market preferences. JDM vehicles migrate to other markets through ordinary commerce and the grey market.

JDM cars or short "JDMs" were generally limited to 280 PS and a top speed of 180 km/h (~112 mph, via a speed limiter device), mostly due to safety concerns. The 280 PS limit was lifted in 2004. [1] However, the speed limit of 180 km/h is still in effect to this day. In fact, many JDM sports cars have speedometers that only go up to 180 km/h, even though the car would be capable of much higher speeds if it wasn't limited. Some new cars like the Nissan GT-R detect via GPS satellite navigation wether the car is on a japanese race track, and if so, disengage the speed limiter. [2]

JDM vehicles often differ in features and equipment from vehicles sold elsewhere. For example, Honda has produced many different versions of the B18C, B16A and K20A engines for various markets worldwide. Often times, JDMs for instance have stiffer suspension amd improved throttle response, because japanese buyers are thought to visit race tracks more often, maybe due to the limitations and tight street regulations such as mentioned above. For the US/european market versions, some features may be removed in order to stay below a certain pricing goal for the car, such as using a conventional rear suspension instead of a double wishbone suspension and lack of electronic devices like Active Yaw Control. Furthermore, engine power of JDM sports cars is sometimes reduced for the US market to meet stricter emission standards.

There are safety hazards associated with using JDM headlamps in countries where traffic flows along the right side of the road, because JDM headlamps, engineered for use on the left side of the road, fail to light the right-side driver's way safely ahead while blinding oncoming motorists[3]. Nevertheless, primarily due to marketing efforts, JDM headlamps are quite popular.

In automotive culture, JDM refers to a style of modifying automobiles, mainly cars of Japanese origin.[citation needed] The function of components is often preferred[who?] over cosmetic appeal.[citation needed] "True" Japanese Domestic Market components are also preferred[who?] over Japanese aftermarket parts.[citation needed] An example of one such market is the import of used Japanese engines to North America to be put into Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Subaru and Mitsubishi sports and street cars for higher performance outputs

anyways here are some more cars

Image :rofl:

i love the style of all of those cars.so clean and simple .so let the debate continue :thumbup:
Last edited by theTeejmiester on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*eye twitches*

flhmfd
2GN Member

Post by flhmfd » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:09 pm

[quote="randomZERO"]We drive Neons guys, Neons. There is not a JDM thing on our cars other then Glasswars type r lip and its been cut up so that is a Honda insult(which is fine with me). Wheels that are colored are not JDM because muscle car guys have been coloring wheels for years it is nothing new. You do not need to label your car with VIP and JDM because you arent a Chaser, Aristo or a Civic. Just style your car with what you like and dont name it just have your own style. :quotes:

well i wanted to see clean cars...theres only a certain few cars on here that i like style wise...

i hated to use the term jdm but thats the style...clean, oem, simple.

Return to “Picture Post”