"JDM" style thread.

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
randomZERO
2GN Member

Post by randomZERO » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:17 pm

flhmfd wrote:
randomZERO wrote:We drive Neons guys, Neons. There is not a JDM thing on our cars other then Glasswars type r lip and its been cut up so that is a Honda insult(which is fine with me). Wheels that are colored are not JDM because muscle car guys have been coloring wheels for years it is nothing new. You do not need to label your car with VIP and JDM because you arent a Chaser, Aristo or a Civic. Just style your car with what you like and dont name it just have your own style. :quotes:

well i wanted to see clean cars...theres only a certain few cars on here that i like style wise...

i hated to use the term jdm but thats the TREND...clean, oem, simple.
Fixed
edited with a clean pic of my car
Last edited by randomZERO on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

viewtopic.php?t=33260<<<<<Pics & Mods

flhmfd
2GN Member

Post by flhmfd » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:17 pm

lexeon wrote:im not trying to be a dick.. but do all of you know what JDM is?

as the creator i'll say i know what jdm is...im surrounded by jdm cars all the time... imported and "styled" hence why my car looks the way it does...

i wouldn't drive a neon if i had a choice but its given me no problems and i havent spent much money getting it too look how it does...

i hate using the term JDM with neons because they just dont belong together, but how else would you describe how these cars are styled...

like i said most cars on here just arent my cup of tea...mild drops and ugly rims, painted interior, body kits, etc... so i decided to just start this thread...the people that have posted know what i mean and thats who it was directed too.

if anything do you know what jdm means? dont you have the front and rear end of two import cars on your neon?

lexeon
2GN Member

Post by lexeon » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:43 pm

lol thats funny.. any car can be JDM... you have to have JDM mods.. you are not a JDM car because you got green wheels..
beleive me .. im NO EXPERT on any car related theme.. im just a show car guy and been in the car business since i could walk.. i know a thing or two.. but not everyhitng.. its funny to see the difference from forum to forum..
when i use to run my LEXUS show car the lexus forums would have this debate as well..

JDM has several interpretations.. but overall is ONE theme of a car.. just because there is several interpretations doesnt mean that they are all JDM.. thats like saying my car is JDM because i think it is because of air ride.. (its not a JDM car).. in my car club we have several JDM cars..

also the majority of the posted pics IMHO are JDM... think what you think.. tell me im dumb .. doesnt matter.. i have been doing car shows and been in the car scene (aftermarket since 2002) and been in the car business since my dad opened up his business in 1986. i have dealt with hundreds of shops and tens of thousands of customers.. everyone has an opinion but in the long run.. its ONE thing.

flhmfd wrote:
lexeon wrote:im not trying to be a dick.. but do all of you know what JDM is?

as the creator i'll say i know what jdm is...im surrounded by jdm cars all the time... imported and "styled" hence why my car looks the way it does...

i wouldn't drive a neon if i had a choice but its given me no problems and i havent spent much money getting it too look how it does...

i hate using the term JDM with neons because they just dont belong together, but how else would you describe how these cars are styled...

like i said most cars on here just arent my cup of tea...mild drops and ugly rims, painted interior, body kits, etc... so i decided to just start this thread...the people that have posted know what i mean and thats who it was directed too.

if anything do you know what jdm means? dont you have the front and rear end of two import cars on your neon?

lol this is funny because.. i dont think i ever mentionsed my SHOW CAR being JDM.. lol.. thanks for pointing that out..

honestly.. im a big fan of JDM cars.. being that i love the whole VIP and JDM market..
just pointing out that some of those cars arent JDM.. however nice cars

ALSO.. the orange civic with the hood off.. is a JDM car... and a NICE ASS one as that.. very cleanly modded.. lots of JDM parts.. and VERY VERY CLEAN... the car is from tampa and doesnt get the credit it deserves.

03wingswestR/T
2GN Member

Post by 03wingswestR/T » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:19 pm

well lets call them USDM style! :rockon:

flhmfd
2GN Member

Post by flhmfd » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:46 pm

lexeon wrote:lol thats funny.. any car can be JDM... you have to have JDM mods.. you are not a JDM car because you got green wheels..

lol i guess noone reads... I KNOW that my car isn't jdm...its a dodge neon lol...i know green wheels dont make it jdm...

green wheels are only jdm if they are a japenese brand...such as volk or work.

i should just change the title of the thread...i asked people not to shit on it but you always get idiots.

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:07 pm

just say it's JDM inspired cars. simple as that.

people look at a certain style of car, and it inspires them to take what they see, and make it their own on the car they drive
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:38 pm

Guys, I have no problems with this thread, but if there is anymore NON NEONS posted in it, I will either lock it or move it to OT media.

lexeon
2GN Member

Post by lexeon » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:44 pm

tnk...well put..I like that
other dude...I don't know what cars is urs...either way its ur car...mod it like u want...dude that's the way im stuck with my shitter...did everythin I wanted to do to it...
btw I never said I didn't like any of the cars....just imho don't think they are jdm....btw glad u opened this thread since jdm cars is gvettin bigger in the us

also sorryy for the shitty typing I am on my phone

Ntyvirus1
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Ntyvirus1 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:57 pm

yes that orange civic is badass, saw it at HIN not too long ago
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000038

hul kogan wrote: And from thy shadows he comes to rippeth thine buttholes. :lol
MoxHair wrote:You should never throw parts at a car.. You'll dent the exterior.

theTeejmiester
2GN Member

Post by theTeejmiester » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:35 am

huh we cant post anymore non neons???? wtf??? they are here to inspire us neon owners.to show ideas but okay....i am done with this thread

/end
Ziptie's come in handy when a prostitute gets mouthy or reluctant
*eye twitches*
I like people who BUY a 10 sec car and then brag about it. Thats like hiring someone to bang your wife and then bragging about the kid

mztykal
2GN Member

Post by mztykal » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:48 am

LOL!

I came on here to lurk and I gotta post. Thanks for posting pics of my last two Neons. I just saw the one in the original post at a car show down here.

The owner isn't taking that great care of it. Oh well, it's not mine anymore.

Keep it up you guys!

TNK
2GN Veteran

Post by TNK » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:17 pm

def. not "JDM"... IIRC thatcar has lambo doors. :lol:

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
TheRandom1 wrote:My true opinion here is that the only time rubber should be stretched is when it's going over a penis.

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:48 am

TNK wrote:Image

Not JDM

Murdered out look Lol
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

catalyst
2GN Member

Post by catalyst » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:54 am

That is Spoo from FL Neons isn't it?
2005 Red SRT4
Stage 2, Maddog 72-4
Still needs a paint job
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #87

mztykal
2GN Member

Post by mztykal » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:55 am

Fuzzyneon wrote:

Not JDM

Murdered out look Lol
Not even murdered out. Murdered is a satin finish.

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Fuzzyneon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:02 am

mztykal wrote:
Fuzzyneon wrote:

Not JDM

Murdered out look Lol
Not even murdered out. Murdered is a satin finish.
Lol then fricking cool black out status :-p
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien

03wingswestR/T
2GN Member

Post by 03wingswestR/T » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:23 am

blacked out FTW!!!

Tigger
2GN Member

Post by Tigger » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:45 am

Lead, Follow, or get OUT of my way!!

Nutmeg
2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:01 pm

What was with that near stock looking orange SRT ACR? Sure it's simple... because it's near stock.

Tigger
2GN Member

Post by Tigger » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:14 pm

Well its actually an SXT. Clean and simple...

benzsxt
2GN Member

Post by benzsxt » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:04 pm

only the back door is shaved?

Tigger
2GN Member

Post by Tigger » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:37 pm

yep, just the rear doors and the trunk lock and 3rd brake light. wanted to keep the front doors functional.

bstc00
2GN Member

Post by bstc00 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:56 pm

i like the color of the sxt

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:17 am

Damn tigger where have YOU been? Is it just me or were you MIA for a minute? More pics of the sxt asap.
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

tommigun
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by tommigun » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:52 am

I was expecting something terrible but some of these cars actually don't look that bad. Me likey.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:46 am

Nutmeg wrote:What was with that near stock looking orange SRT ACR? Sure it's simple... because it's near stock.
Thats Chris (PA)'s car, and I believe other than the suspension and wing removal (used to have an AVS) the exterior of the car is bone stock. I can't speak for his engine I do believe he did a few things there. But yes....coilovers and thats about it.

Tigger
2GN Member

Post by Tigger » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:36 pm

OB wrote:Damn tigger where have YOU been? Is it just me or were you MIA for a minute? More pics of the sxt asap.
I actually dont have either car anymore. I just sold the SRT seats to a guy with a Fiero. I was just browsing the other day and thought..what the hell, lets see whats up with 2gn.

I really wish I still had the '04. Oh well. I'll just ahve to build another one.

if you want other pics send me an email addy..I'll be happy to give you some other shots.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:50 am

Post a pictures thread with them, I'd like to see more. :)

whyconform
2GN Member

Post by whyconform » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:07 pm

don't know if my car looks jdm now..but i think it will look more "jdm" after the painting

others i think can fit this .

neon2ner
2GN Member

Post by neon2ner » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:57 pm

when i see people arguing about what JDM is in here, it makes me think about how musicians (such as myself) argue about what genre of music a certain band fits into. ive heard people go on for post after post on music forums debating that shit. and quite frankly, who really cares? it is what it is, if you like the band, you like them, and you know it's either heavy music, acoustic, instrumental, whatever. those are my genres.

as far as this thread goes, if you want to come in here and be a nit picky little bitch about what JDM is, gtfo. i knew exactly what i would see when i saw the title of this thread; clean, functional, simple cars. and chances are, so did you, but you just felt like bitching about something. so come in and enjoy the pics of some of the cleanest 2gns and srt's around the boards and beyond, and shut up about jdm. if you want to nit pick and be obnoxiously technical with the term, maybe you should be a lawyer?

/end rant.

that being said, i love the japanese cars pictured in the thread and love the cleanliness i'm seeing with all the neons in the thread. keep the pics coming guys. i gotta get some new pics of the r/t to add to this thread. jdm ftw lawlz.

p.s, no offence to anyone, just saying it how it is. :roll:
Scott Woodworth
2004 SRT-4
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Return to “Picture Post”