Night shots of the pink beast and other cars at the meet

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Night shots of the pink beast and other cars at the meet

Post by LilSparkPlug » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:25 pm

Went to a Subie meet last night and the lighting was pretty damned good, so I took the opportunity to take some shots of my car. My good friend Eric wanted shots of his Subie, and another kid Marc wanted some also....I'll post a couple of each in here too. Its a Subie meet, but theres the SRT, the Audi and a few Speed3s that always seem to show up. NASIOC adopted my SRT....and NASIOC people hate SRT owners. I think I'm improving in the night shots department.

My car with Eric's LGT:

Love this ass shot:

Others of the SRT:

My favorite from the night, just because of amusement purposes.

Other cars that were there.

Eric's LGT:

Charlie's 02 Bugeye:

Marc's 08 STI

On the way home. I know its kinda blurry, and noisy. BUT for sticking my DSLR out the window while staring at the road (point and shoot FTW LOL) it didn't come out too too bad. No flash either.

jake_tim
2GN Member

Post by jake_tim » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Cool pictures. :lol:

DouglasSXT
2GN Member

Post by DouglasSXT » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:51 pm

Sweet pics!!! :thumbup:

SILVER-ES

Post by SILVER-ES » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:36 pm

Pictures look good, wish I could get some good night shots like that.

Not feeling the new STI and what the hell is the silver thing with red rims. Looks like either a 08 WRX or a MS3.

Ntyvirus1
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Ntyvirus1 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:43 pm

the pic with ur buddy on the floor is classic. im actually surprised nobody as made any off color comments about ur "pink beast" yet :rofl:
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000038

hul kogan wrote: And from thy shadows he comes to rippeth thine buttholes. :lol
MoxHair wrote:You should never throw parts at a car.. You'll dent the exterior.

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:38 pm

i gotta say, your car > the rest. not feeling those others too much. nice night shots BTW
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

Mopar_Korean
2GN Member

Post by Mopar_Korean » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:43 pm

The 08 STI looks mean with the dual exhaust. grrr....
Imported From Detroit
2001 Dodge Neon
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:57 pm

Again with the enticing title and no delivery :lol:

I really like the lighting in these shots Cam, and the one out the window while driving turned out pretty damn good if I do say so myself.

I never really noticed how wide the flares on the STi is, but the night shadows really show it!

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:28 pm

Very nice pics, I like that STI.

But, Lucius looks dirty...? No tire shine, dirt windshield glass (I can see the line of the windshield wiper I think) do you not love your special little boy anymore? Or is he becoming a grungy teenager who doesn't like to bathe?

If he starts to listen to a lot of Nirvana and Pearl Jam be wary! :lol:
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:22 pm

Jake/Douglas: Thanks guys :)

Silver-ES: Its an MS3, it also has brick red projector bezels and badging. That's the only color on the STI I like. I took the shots with my D40 in manual mode on a tripod

Nty: LOL I'm sure someone will at some point!

Opi: Yeah their cars are a bit basic, Eric just got his so its stock and Charlie kinda throws shit together randomly. Thanks for the compliments :)

Mopar: It doesn't look too bad.....his is the best I've seen

Canada: Thanks! The second I got there I was looking around for photo Ops. I think the color on the STI plays into that effect as well. And I agree on the window one I wasn't even looking at the camera at all! No delivery...I apologize yet again.

Sean: The car is clean, I had just waxed it. The windshield has lots of pits on it after 103k miles and tends to look hazy. You can't see the line of the windshield wiper as I haven't used it since I cleaned the car, I cleaned it tue waxed it again on Wed. The other thing it may be is a bit of dew, look at the shot of the silver LGT and its covered in it, it was kinda chilly. I don't use tire shine I use Formula 2k1 Rubber Stop, it doesn't gunk up the tires and keeps them looking new. I haven't applied it again but the tires look new, rather than oily and gross, I prefer it over any tire shine.

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:01 am

Looks great. New sti not so much.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:07 am

Due, that 08 Sti, nice.. I like it now. Never saw one from different angles yet - I would rock it. Reminds me of the Mazda 3.
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:17 am

Not to kill the mood or anything, but I cant get over this. The hood pins and their accompanying mile long lines are FTL IMO. Totally kills the front end, especially up close. Is there a reason for them that i'm not seeing, or are they as useful as the ones on all the other starch rockets running around? Other than that, excellent pics.

:)
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:43 am

Yeah...my car's a starch rocket *rolls eyes*. Anyways, if you paid attention in any of my threads that had pictures you would notice on the radiator support there are two little rods bolted there. There are two holes in this hood (and my other hood) for these little rods to go through. Then....get this....PINS connected to sheathed cables to keep the hood closed. No friggin shit man.....whaddaya know...they WORK.

Yes, they have a purpose both aesthetically and structurally. I love them, you can hate them all you want frankly I don't care. The car is modeled after an AAR, so what better thing to do then get hood pins just like the AAR's had not just for show, but because I don't have an OEM hood either.

Ntyvirus1
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Ntyvirus1 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:30 pm

the lines are like lucius' rebellious eyebrow piercings
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000038

hul kogan wrote: And from thy shadows he comes to rippeth thine buttholes. :lol
MoxHair wrote:You should never throw parts at a car.. You'll dent the exterior.

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:30 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:Yeah...my car's a starch rocket *rolls eyes*. Anyways, if you paid attention in any of my threads that had pictures you would notice on the radiator support there are two little rods bolted there. There are two holes in this hood (and my other hood) for these little rods to go through. Then....get this....PINS connected to sheathed cables to keep the hood closed. No friggin shit man.....whaddaya know...they WORK.

Yes, they have a purpose both aesthetically and structurally. I love them, you can hate them all you want frankly I don't care. The car is modeled after an AAR, so what better thing to do then get hood pins just like the AAR's had not just for show, but because I don't have an OEM hood either.
No need to be rude, I was just making an observation. It makes no difference to me what you do to your car, that's your deal. As long as you're happy with it i'm all for it.

So they serve a purpose, but not one that the OE latch couldnt, right? That's the part I dont get. More work for the same result. At any rate, not my cup of tea, but like I said as long as you like it there ya go. ;)
-Derek

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:51 pm

IIRC the stock latch wouldn’t do enough, as CF and fiberglass hoods are less structurally sound (not knocking the hoods at all) than a steel hood, so yes, they are doing something that the OE latch couldn’t do… they’re keeping the edges of the hood from flapping in the breeze.
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

freerider
2GN Member

Post by freerider » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:04 pm

Lil Spark Plug:

SEXY CAR as always. You have done a great job, and continue to impress :D

OB:

TheRandom1 is correct.

Hood pins are sometimes over-used by companies and certain enthusiasts yes. However, a true use of hoodpins would be in the case of a car with a hood that doesn't allow you to use the OE latch, or is too light/unable to be properly shut by the OE latch, thus keeping the hood closed during driving.

I have wanted a Cuda Hood like the one she has for a LONG time, the only thing keeping me away are the hood pins (don't like them).
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2110538

Getting Blown(buying parts)

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:24 pm

:owned:

yeah.... obv they have a purpose... just like an AAR cuda her car has a fiberglass hood, thus needs to so that you don't end up with an "oh shit" moment when the hood flies up and smashes the windshield...

Crystal..... car looks sexy..... as usual... what else is new.. :thumbup:
PM me for your 03+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

SILVER-ES

Post by SILVER-ES » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:54 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:Silver-ES: Its an MS3, it also has brick red projector bezels and badging.
Disgusting.
sidepipe87 wrote::owned:
Not really. He has a very valid point. If the OE hood latch is in place chances are you don't need the hood pins.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:16 pm

OB wrote: No need to be rude, I was just making an observation. It makes no difference to me what you do to your car, that's your deal. As long as you're happy with it i'm all for it.

So they serve a purpose, but not one that the OE latch couldnt, right? That's the part I dont get. More work for the same result. At any rate, not my cup of tea, but like I said as long as you like it there ya go. ;)
You called my car a "starch rocket" because you don't agree with the hoodpins (nor did you think they were functional), hence my rude repsonse. This hood, even latched on the OE latch flaps a bit towards the front, the hood pins do serve a purpose, the hood doesn't sit as sound as a steel hood would.

Sean: Yes exactly.

Freerider: Thanks for the compliments. And this one does use a latch but its just not enough for my likings.

Sidepipe: Thank you :) And you are correct too :). And I've known cars with CF and glass hoods that had latches that STILL flew up. Why take the chance? I just went with old style pins instead of new ghetto ass sparco pins.

Silver-Es: The latch isn't welded to the hood like a steel or aluminum hood, therefore it is not nearly as sound. Yes the MS3 isn't in my tastes either but he's a cool kid.

Paul56
2GN Member

Post by Paul56 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:17 am

When I was in my 20's I experienced these cars first hand...

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/ply ... ars-12.jpg

...when they were factory new.

The hood pins & wires were part of the original theme, so to remain true to that theme they do need to be included on modern day versions.

Anyone care to try stuffing a 440 Six-Pack under the hood of a Neon/SRT? :rofl:
2011 Honda Fit Sport

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:23 am

It's nothing worth arguing over. I think it looks bad, it's not a big deal. I understand the function of hood pins :roll: I just prefer hoods that dont have them ;)

And for the record, I wasnt referring to your car when I said 'starch bucket'. I was merely mentioning the fact that 99.9% of cars that use hood pins are POS rice mobiles. An image that will stick with them regardless of how many people use them for their intended purpose. Ricers have ruined a lot of good things, and this just happens to be one of them. Others include cannon exhausts, body kits, and wings. All of these can be very functional when quality parts are used, but have a bad rap due to the autozone/chinese knock-off boom of the late 90's/early 00's.
-Derek

measy27
2GN Member

Post by measy27 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:27 am

Looks sexy at night......
'06 Nissan Murano S AWD

Paul56
2GN Member

Post by Paul56 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:48 am

OB wrote:I was merely mentioning the fact that 99.9% of cars that use hood pins are POS rice mobiles.
Now that I have to disagree with... surely you are not calling 70's era Mopar muscle POS rice mobiles? :rofl:
2011 Honda Fit Sport

supertrick_05
2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:32 am

Shoot hun, sorry for the late response! LoL! Like i told you the night you took them, the pics came out stellar! You are learning the iso settings and such, hence the great night shots with little to no grain :) Keep it up darlin, you're doing great!
Paul56 wrote:Anyone care to try stuffing a 440 Six-Pack under the hood of a Neon/SRT? :rofl:
Uh...don't you mean "340 Six-Barrel"? I don't know why, but the Dodge versions were "Six Pack" and the Plymouth version was "Six Barrel". Personally I like the "Pack" better...sounds much more cool :)
-Brodie
2002 Dodge Neon ACR - Needs LOTS of love, but I'm gonna slowly get her to where she deserves to be :)

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:33 am

i spot an ugly Cosmic Blue MS3, and an ugly Silver MS3 with Red MS6 wheels.
Last edited by MoxHair on Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

Paul56
2GN Member

Post by Paul56 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:36 am

2011 Honda Fit Sport

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:36 pm

Paul56 wrote:
OB wrote:I was merely mentioning the fact that 99.9% of cars that use hood pins are POS rice mobiles.
Now that I have to disagree with... surely you are not calling 70's era Mopar muscle POS rice mobiles? :rofl:
No no, I should have included the word "modern" before "cars" in my sentence. But to be honest, i'd prefer ANY car without them, whether they came with them or not. They look much less out of place on the older muscle cars though.
-Derek

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:26 pm

SILVER-ES wrote:
sidepipe87 wrote::owned:
Not really. He has a very valid point. If the OE hood latch is in place chances are you don't need the hood pins.

Possibly, but what other type of latch would it be than OE? If air is forces under the light fiberglass hood it could still potentially fly up. Doesn't really matter. I wasn't attempting to start a pissing contest here. My apologies..
PM me for your 03+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

Return to “Picture Post”