coons

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
User avatar
PhillyLS1
BANNED
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:32 pm
Location: Philly/MD

Post by PhillyLS1 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:11 pm

projectors on neons are rice.
Flame on, just my opinion.
Image
Official "SRT-4 parts came on SRTs for a reason" Member #0001
Official "I'm going to drive my neon until something better comes along." Member # 0001

User avatar
superdan
2011 Bronze Contributor
Posts: 2092
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:16 pm
Location: Bridgeport, OH

Post by superdan » Wed May 06, 2009 2:21 pm

ok so being able to see the road and other objects at night alot better is rice? hm ok buddy w/e you say :-k
03' Dodge Neon...SRT-4 swap
04' Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4

User avatar
2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member
Posts: 2177
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:16 am
Location: Raleigh, NC

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Wed May 06, 2009 2:53 pm

PhillyLS1 wrote:projectors on neons are rice.
Flame on, just my opinion.
Keep you and your rich non-dodge sig out of this! lol.
superdan wrote:ok so being able to see the road and other objects at night alot better is rice? hm ok buddy w/e you say :-k
I do like seeing the road better. But I also have HIDs in stock black housings. Seems like people hate on projectors for it being "rice" and people hate on HIDs in stock headlights for "glare".

We can never win!! :banghead:
Image
Progress Log --- Life & Work > Car... :(

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran
Posts: 12206
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:49 pm
Location: RI

Post by LilSparkPlug » Wed May 06, 2009 3:05 pm

Philly use to have (and may still have) an OB SRT. I think he means aftermarket projectors which in the end are worse than stock output because they are so cheap.

User avatar
2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member
Posts: 2177
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:16 am
Location: Raleigh, NC

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Wed May 06, 2009 3:15 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:Philly use to have (and may still have) an OB SRT. I think he means aftermarket projectors which in the end are worse than stock output because they are so cheap.
Lol I know, I think I've seen another post of his. Just makin fun cause his sig is a Chevy sig o_o
Image
Progress Log --- Life & Work > Car... :(

J-Villa
2GN Veteran
Posts: 6880
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:51 am
Location: Hburg, Pa

Post by J-Villa » Wed May 06, 2009 3:31 pm

raccoooons all the way....god your car is too sexy...
Wanna Sell Me Your 2gn??
Official I sold my Neon Member #004

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor
Posts: 3165
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: Austin, Tx
Contact:

Post by ZeroChad » Wed May 06, 2009 3:49 pm

I say stick with the projectors untill you can do a racoon retro. I originally had racoons. I love the light output of the projectors with HIDs so much better though. Plus if you just got racoons, you'd have horrible HID glare. Anyway, I'm sure you'll find an option that works for you. Here are some pics of my old one's for PS if you need em:

Image
Image
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor
Posts: 1768
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:58 pm
Location: IM IN MIAMI BITCHHH......
Contact:

Post by SOKADAO954 » Wed May 06, 2009 4:11 pm

EDIT

Coons: 11
Projectors: 12
Retrofits: 3 people suggested this
Image
|Danny|
06 VW Jetta 2.5 MTX - 4 Doors fit more whores.

"In search of the perfect beat. I found my soul"

jake_tim
2GN Member
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Post by jake_tim » Wed May 06, 2009 5:07 pm

Raccoons x10000, suck on that.

Honestly though, I think the raccoons without eyelids ties into the theme of your car much better. Raccoons are also cleaner 99% of the time. I think ebay projectors look cheap, too.


...yeah, I said it.
Image

blueneo03
2GN Member
Posts: 1165
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:46 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR

Post by blueneo03 » Wed May 06, 2009 5:15 pm

i think the projectors look nice and they offer better light.. but i think some retrofit projectors would look really nice.
Image

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxtSold
2017 Volkswagen CC Rline Exec. 2.0t


"Sorry you are so scared of a possible mechanical problem that you will drive an ugly transportation appliance. I'll keep living a colorful life." -some guy about a camry

User avatar
supermike
2GN Member
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Carlisle PA

Post by supermike » Wed May 06, 2009 6:04 pm

I have 2 votes. As it is now (projectors) it looks hot! I just love it, so +1 for keeping them. Also, +1 for retros, as long as they're mostly black. I just don't like the silver up there for some reason.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000036 <--- Done

Image

neon2ner
2GN Member
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:24 am
Location: Halifax, NS

Post by neon2ner » Wed May 06, 2009 6:11 pm

raccoons without eyelids...jdm ftmfw.
Image
Scott Woodworth
2004 SRT-4
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor
Posts: 1768
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:58 pm
Location: IM IN MIAMI BITCHHH......
Contact:

Post by SOKADAO954 » Wed May 06, 2009 6:16 pm

neon2ner wrote:raccoons without eyelids...jdm ftmfw.
:beatstick: :withstupid: :beatstick:








































:rofl:
Image
|Danny|
06 VW Jetta 2.5 MTX - 4 Doors fit more whores.

"In search of the perfect beat. I found my soul"

supertrick_05
2GN Member
Posts: 4225
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:09 pm
Location: Duluth, MN
Contact:

Post by supertrick_05 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:25 pm

Keep the projectors bro...please :)
-Brodie
Image
2002 Dodge Neon ACR - Needs LOTS of love, but I'm gonna slowly get her to where she deserves to be :)

User avatar
JeffM
2GN Member
Posts: 3588
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: Vermont

Post by JeffM » Wed May 06, 2009 9:39 pm

supertrick_05 wrote:Keep the projectors bro...please :)
:withstupid:
He said please.
Image

glasswars
2GN Veteran
Posts: 5476
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: NNJ

Post by glasswars » Wed May 06, 2009 10:47 pm

hmmm
i'll most likely rock the projectors without eyelids for now
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

User avatar
PhillyLS1
BANNED
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:32 pm
Location: Philly/MD

Post by PhillyLS1 » Wed May 06, 2009 10:51 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:Philly use to have (and may still have) an OB SRT. I think he means aftermarket projectors which in the end are worse than stock output because they are so cheap.
Used to?
I've got a silver SRT-4 right now thank you. I've been in the SRT-4 calender and held a few records ;)

Just defending my skittle honor ;)
Image
Official "SRT-4 parts came on SRTs for a reason" Member #0001
Official "I'm going to drive my neon until something better comes along." Member # 0001

slaw
2GN Member
Posts: 1915
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:05 am
Location: new milford CT

Post by slaw » Wed May 06, 2009 10:58 pm

supertrick_05 wrote:Keep the projectors bro...please :)
im with that
Image

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:48 am
Location: Waterford works ,NJ

Post by Fuzzyneon » Wed May 06, 2009 11:21 pm

glasswars wrote:hmmm
i'll most likely rock the projectors without eyelids for now
make some custom eyelids to fit your the car that made me fo my projector and eyelid setup
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien



User avatar
mopar4life
2GN Member
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by mopar4life » Wed May 06, 2009 11:25 pm

Rant time, why but all these fancy headlights? Other than stock all these projector and HID ones just look terrible to me. Ive got stock lights and they do just fine. If I wanna see farther Ill rip my KCs off my 4wd and tape em to the bumper. Rant off, lmao. I like my Ebay special headlights, I need new gaskets tho...
Image
randomZERO wrote:I'm trying to help you not insult you. This is why neons have a bad name is because people buy all these plastic do dads and crazy lites, the neon is not a christmas tree. .

User avatar
superdan
2011 Bronze Contributor
Posts: 2092
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:16 pm
Location: Bridgeport, OH

Post by superdan » Thu May 07, 2009 12:10 am

mopar4life wrote:Rant time, why but all these fancy headlights? Other than stock all these projector and HID ones just look terrible to me. Ive got stock lights and they do just fine. If I wanna see farther Ill rip my KCs off my 4wd and tape em to the bumper. Rant off, lmao. I like my Ebay special headlights, I need new gaskets tho...
well some people cant see very well at night. Me myself dont want to hit a deer because i couldnt see it in time to atleast attempt to hit my brakes which would in turn cause damage that i may of possibly avoided.

I am one of those people that cant see 20/20 in the dark. and while i was perfectly fine with my black housings i decided to try some projectors and it makes alot of difference. Im not as peranoid when driving at night. I never ever have to put my bright lights on. (alot of roads around here with no street lights, including parts of an interstate that i drive frequently.)

I do agree with you on the hids looking stupid. Well i only dont like them when they are the stupid blue color. Other than white and white with the faint blue tint would be the only hids i would put on my car. which will be soon hopefully.

hm didnt plan to type all that much...........oh well :)
03' Dodge Neon...SRT-4 swap
04' Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4

User avatar
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran
Posts: 11649
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:46 pm
Location: Kansas

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu May 07, 2009 1:08 am

I like them both. Use one of each. :tard:
Thats teh new JDM trend y0.

But seriously I do like them both. Very hard decision.

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

User avatar
superdan
2011 Bronze Contributor
Posts: 2092
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:16 pm
Location: Bridgeport, OH

Post by superdan » Thu May 07, 2009 1:16 am

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:I like them both. Use one of each. :tard:
Thats teh new JDM trend y0.

But seriously I do like them both. Very hard decision.
ha that would make it look like this>>> o.0 lol
but yeah i think whatever you choose will look good :thumbup:
03' Dodge Neon...SRT-4 swap
04' Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran
Posts: 12206
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:49 pm
Location: RI

Post by LilSparkPlug » Thu May 07, 2009 8:18 am

PhillyLS1 wrote:
LilSparkPlug wrote:Philly use to have (and may still have) an OB SRT. I think he means aftermarket projectors which in the end are worse than stock output because they are so cheap.
Used to?
I've got a silver SRT-4 right now thank you. I've been in the SRT-4 calender and held a few records ;)

Just defending my skittle honor ;)
Ah so you no longer have the OB? I wasn't sure what ended up happening with that car, but nice to see you're still with us in the skittle world :thumbup:

User avatar
PhillyLS1
BANNED
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:32 pm
Location: Philly/MD

Post by PhillyLS1 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:40 am

LilSparkPlug wrote:
PhillyLS1 wrote:
LilSparkPlug wrote:Philly use to have (and may still have) an OB SRT. I think he means aftermarket projectors which in the end are worse than stock output because they are so cheap.
Used to?
I've got a silver SRT-4 right now thank you. I've been in the SRT-4 calender and held a few records ;)

Just defending my skittle honor ;)
Ah so you no longer have the OB? I wasn't sure what ended up happening with that car, but nice to see you're still with us in the skittle world :thumbup:
Not to thread hijack, but i traded it in for the Vette. Some idiot bought it and ruined it. It's for sale in Baltimore in pretty much in pieces.
Image
Official "SRT-4 parts came on SRTs for a reason" Member #0001
Official "I'm going to drive my neon until something better comes along." Member # 0001

KrackstaR
Former Moderator
Posts: 3141
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:58 pm
Location: deez nuts,MD
Contact:

Post by KrackstaR » Thu May 07, 2009 10:06 am

projectors....
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)
Image
Image

User avatar
neonEX
2GN Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:27 am
Location: Qu?bec
Contact:

Post by neonEX » Thu May 07, 2009 3:23 pm

Projectors looks good on that car, keep them!
Dodge Neon EX 1996 SOHC (R.I.P.) ---> 15.6@89mph

Dodge Neon R/T 1998 (SOLD!) ---> 15.4@87mph

Dodge SX 2.0 Sport SRT Design 2005 ---> 16.4@83mph

Dodge Neon EX 1998 (new car!) ---> 14.5@96mph

http://neonex.monchar.com

Image

neon2ner
2GN Member
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:24 am
Location: Halifax, NS

Post by neon2ner » Thu May 07, 2009 4:43 pm

projectors without eyelids = a good compromise.
Image
Scott Woodworth
2004 SRT-4
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

User avatar
2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member
Posts: 2177
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:16 am
Location: Raleigh, NC

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Thu May 07, 2009 6:37 pm

... projectors :thumbup:






what?... no I didn't vote already!!
Image
Progress Log --- Life & Work > Car... :(

flhmfd
2GN Member
Posts: 1060
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:18 am
Location: toronto

Post by flhmfd » Thu May 07, 2009 7:24 pm

chyea guy...racoons are way better. projectors dont work on neons.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Picture Post”