Official "Slammed" Thread

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
wickedgood4684
2GN Member

Post by wickedgood4684 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:33 pm

Oh! I didn't know this was a competition. I'm sorry for not stroking your ego. Haha
SRT-4 Challenge series
Season 1 Champion: gotheframe/tim and corey
Season 2 Champion: Greasydeuce/Dmonday
NTCC
Winter Series:
Drivers Chamion: Neon Nick/Squat BIG
Team Champions: Team Acura: miniMench & wicked221
Rookie of the year: Patriot 01/xxPATRIOT 01xx

NGCnoproblem
2GN Member

Post by NGCnoproblem » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:59 pm

:happy1: round 2?
Sorry for Party Rockin

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:01 pm

:rofl:

Hey Wicked. . . I'd love to come up to Lisbon Falls and stroke something of yours ;)

I enjoy being a little butthurt, if you catch my drift. . . although I'd prefer it be YOUR drift I "catch."
el. oh. el.

NGCnoproblem
2GN Member

Post by NGCnoproblem » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Fwd cars should have the excessive camber in the front :rofl:
Sorry for Party Rockin

wickedgood4684
2GN Member

Post by wickedgood4684 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Oh you def. should. We could go camping. I got a tent. We can go all broke back mountain on each other. If you know what I mean ;) haha
SRT-4 Challenge series
Season 1 Champion: gotheframe/tim and corey
Season 2 Champion: Greasydeuce/Dmonday
NTCC
Winter Series:
Drivers Chamion: Neon Nick/Squat BIG
Team Champions: Team Acura: miniMench & wicked221
Rookie of the year: Patriot 01/xxPATRIOT 01xx

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Holy crap

All this bullshit needs to stop.

Just let it go.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:24 pm

racer12306 wrote:Holy crap

All this bullshit needs to stop.

Just let it go.
:thumbup:

SRT_Watcher is his username on SRTForums.

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:49 pm

FAC3L3SS wrote:Hey wicked, ever see those guys with crazy camber on the track? Hmmm....MIGHT be useful.
Wow. Why do the people who know nothing about cars flood the internet with their incompetence? ... Someone might actually think you were being serious and believe their 20 degree camber setup will actually work on the track. Then how would you feel when they slide off turn 1 due to misaligned steering linkage and minimal tire contact patch? Because that's all that's going to happen. Only once you take your nose outside the world of youtube videos and into the real world will you grow up.

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:37 pm

UriahRR wrote:
FAC3L3SS wrote:Hey wicked, ever see those guys with crazy camber on the track? Hmmm....MIGHT be useful.
Wow. Why do the people who know nothing about cars flood the internet with their incompetence? ... Someone might actually think you were being serious and believe their 20 degree camber setup will actually work on the track. Then how would you feel when they slide off turn 1 due to misaligned steering linkage and minimal tire contact patch? Because that's all that's going to happen. Only once you take your nose outside the world of youtube videos and into the real world will you grow up.
I wouldn't feel bad at all. I didn't claim to be an expert, either, but I DO know camber is used in certain applications and that's all I was insinuating.

Before Frank gets too pissed off, I'm going to stop. Please advise.

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:57 pm

UriahRR wrote:
I hate to say it, but I'm afraid that's already happened. Anyone remember Wiggy? :sad:

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:23 pm

FAC3L3SS wrote:

SRT_Watcher is his username on SRTForums.
sidepipe87 wrote: Image
MintNeon (aka Sean) Has anyone seen his 1gn on neons.org?

12" bbs rs in the rear............................................................
'02 Chrysler Neon RT - SOHC 50trim+Crane 007 ---DEAD---
'05 Dodge Neon SRT4 - DSP & bolt ons ---SOLD---
'08 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - MS1Kv3
Progress Log

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:54 pm

PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

Boosted22sxt
2GN Member

Post by Boosted22sxt » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:59 pm

Wow that 1rst Gen is da sex!!!

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:15 pm

True that.. Looks RWD too... lmao

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:45 am

Whew... still wintertime but I had to turn on the A/C after seeing that pic. :blob6:
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Arro
2GN Member

Post by Arro » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:21 am

The only cars that benefit from excessive camber (most notably in front) are RWD drift cars that are relying on their front wheels to keep their car headed in the right direction while the chassis is literally sideways moving around the bend. As someone who gets into dozens of lengthy discussions every year on this (as I own a RWD car popular with drifters), I know very well that EXCESSIVE camber is NOT necessary in other situations (and certainly NOT FWD).

A LITTLE BIT of front camber is useful. But you know what? IMO anything over 1.5 deg. is bogus bullshit that just looks auto-fashionable.

You really wanna know where it all comes from?

Too bad. I'll tell you anyways lol.

RWD Jap cars w/ IRS and poor control arm design suffer terribly excessive negative camber that often can't be corrected without major modification to the control arms. Because racers wanted the lower center of gravity, and because the negative camber had the side benefit of allowing clearance of tire/wheel combos that would otherwise rub, it generally became accepted that lowered RWD cars w/ excessive negative camber and deep-dished or lipped wheels were typical. Over time, even desirable. It meant you lowered the car and got a wider "racing" wheel. Then came the drift craze alongside of that. Everyone wanted to drift.

So there were all those Honda humpers in their Civics, suddenly finding themselves no longer in the spotlight. Their cars were FWD and not "driftworthy" in the new craze. They couldn't sport the same deep-dished oldschool, banana-spoked Jap racing wheel styles. They were getting left out of the new fun! Oh noes!

So... some brave souls decided that the advantages that their Hondas DID have... were no longer worth losing the auto fashion spotlight over. So things like well-balanced FWD suspension setups w/ +44 offset racing wheels were simply tossed aside in favor of deep-dish, low-positive or even zero offset wheels designed for RWD.... but stuck on FWD cars with crazy stupid camber to make that shit "fit" (a term now used very loosely). Awesome, they were back in style! Now you see Honda kids sporting 7" XXR 04's designed for RWD low-positive offset cars, but running 2.5 or even more deg. of negatorre camber, and 195's for that extra stretched sidewall angle that lets them clear their FWD fender lips in relation to their hubs.

It's pathetic. If it was like Japanese bosozoku style that might be different.... intended to be crazy and way far-fetched for purposes of artsy glitz, not to be real "performance". But that's not what's happening here in North America, where kids throw on these terrible wheel/tire combos on FWD cars and try to play off their cars as "tuned".

And now we want to do that with American FWD? Pfft.

I'm all for slammed. Take that center of gravity low, lose that wheel gap, whatever. Not so sure I like the idea of running a biggie tire profile on a 15. Every time I drive through a puddle I'd think I was dunking a donut in coffee. I don't suggest we throw 18's with rubberbands on Neon cars, either.

16 or 17 to me seems reasonable for "slamming". Then again, what do you think "slammed" means? Because every other car community I've seen using the term isn't concerned with wheel gap or even wheel size. They're thinking about how low the chassis is. If you're dragging the car, it's slammed. They throw cigarette lighters and other smaller objects underneath the side rails or ground f/x to show their peers just how low you can go. Wheel fitment is important to them but not the goal, and often they even tuck the wheel up INTO the fender. "Wheel gap? Bitches, my shit is TUCKED."

So what are we really after here in this thread? You have people who put up pictures of 2GN's with little or zero wheel gap and reasonable camber, crying, "This is tastefully slammed." Then you have people in this thread who are following in the footsteps of the Honda kids, looking for ridiculous camber and exaggerated wheel fitment and calling that "slammed".

It all seems like a load of crap to me. But what do I know? I suppose it doesn't matter that my '85 200SX has ZERO gap, running zero offset 15x7's, with reasonable 195's in front and 205's in the rear. And modest camber. And it has flush-fitting fender arches, whereas my two 2GN's have tapering fender arches that will never let my wheels fit like that.

But like I said, what the hell do I know, really :P

There are cars in this thread I like. Then there are cars in this thread that make me realize that some people try too hard to win approval, all the while claiming they're doing what they do because they DGAF what others think.

So why do I come in this thread?

To laugh, to pick on, to praise. I'm no different than most of you really.
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it.
- A - R - R - O - 2000 - NEON SE - // - 2003 - SRT-4 -
Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651950
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #22

Norse
2GN Member

Post by Norse » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:13 pm

INVUJerry wrote:
Norse wrote:
Boosted22sxt wrote:I'm wondering if there down the whole way... if so maybe a larger wheel 15 or 16??
Front is turned down pretty much all the way. Little bit more to go in the rear. It tucks the tire in the rear a little. Wrong offset and tiny wheels. The front tires rubs the inner wheel well's a little and the pinch welds off the rockers rubs the gavel in my driveway :)
I love the looks of it but I love low cars on 14's. take a side picture when you get the chance.
No problem :)

The look im going for... (Friends old car which is now mine, minus the wheels & suspension)..

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Norse wrote:The look im going for... (Friends old car which is now mine, minus the wheels & suspension)..

I fucking LOVED Kyle's old car :(
Progress Log

Johny
2GN Member

Post by Johny » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:58 pm

Arro wrote:The only cars that benefit from excessive camber (most notably in front) are RWD drift cars that are relying on their front wheels to keep their car headed in the right direction while the chassis is literally sideways moving around the bend. As someone who gets into dozens of lengthy discussions every year on this (as I own a RWD car popular with drifters), I know very well that EXCESSIVE camber is NOT necessary in other situations (and certainly NOT FWD).
I actually read all that, and enjoyed it. nice info :thumbup:
www.JohnyR.net - Web development

NGCnoproblem
2GN Member

Post by NGCnoproblem » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:21 am

^ agreed. In fact id like to here more about proper functional setups for the fwd platform
Sorry for Party Rockin

Arro
2GN Member

Post by Arro » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:31 am

I'm sure there have been numerous discussions here on 2GN about that already, but I'm open to starting a new thread so that we can contrast other setups based on new trends and misconceptions.
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it.
- A - R - R - O - 2000 - NEON SE - // - 2003 - SRT-4 -
Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651950
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #22

NGCnoproblem
2GN Member

Post by NGCnoproblem » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:21 pm

Do it!!!!
Sorry for Party Rockin

skaterking411
2GN Member

Post by skaterking411 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:07 pm

My new setup. Got brand new bc coilovers. Got work ryver wheels and refinished the faces.

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:43 pm

yyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmm

finally, you posted here :p
Progress Log

smallblockfreak
2GN Member

Post by smallblockfreak » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:15 pm

Steal those rims off a donk? Lol

Boosted22sxt
2GN Member

Post by Boosted22sxt » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:23 pm

I seen your YouTube video skaterking411 looks good rolling..

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:26 pm

smallblockfreak wrote:Steal those rims off a donk? Lol
please show me a donk that rides on 17's
Progress Log

skaterking411
2GN Member

Post by skaterking411 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:13 pm

smallblockfreak wrote:Steal those rims off a donk? Lol
Hahah not hardly. Can't say I've ever seen a donk with 3 piece works ;)

smallblockfreak
2GN Member

Post by smallblockfreak » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:49 pm

Calm down Kevin was a joke. I must say though Jeremy that the spokes kind of look big for the srt's body. Might be because its out of the normal. Either way great progress dude keep it up!

Leighvi424
2GN Member

Post by Leighvi424 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:51 pm

any info on suspension set up?
Never let anyone tell you that you can't. The only reason why people say that, is because someone told them they can't and they listened.

Return to “Picture Post”