Full Car Pictures!! (Nov. 10) -- On Pg. 3

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member

Full Car Pictures!! (Nov. 10) -- On Pg. 3

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:44 pm

So I don't really spend a lot of time around the forum much anymore. I do however check the For Sale section periodically in case I can snag me a deal on something, but alas... turns out to be things I don't need, can't afford, or the seller is too far to do a pick up. Oh well.

Some things that have occurred in my life recently:

Just recently got out of the Marine Corps. Actually, I'm on Terminal Leave which is just "paid vacation while awaiting separation from Active Duty Military". My last check from the Marine Corps will be on December 1st. In the meantime, I'm going to try and work at the Dodge Dealership down the road from where I live now. And sometime in the next year or two (while I wait for my wife to finish her degree) I'm going to be attending Universal Technical Institute either in Charlotte, North Carolina or Phoenix, Arizona. Not too sure yet, and we got plenty of time to decide. Anyhow, looking forward to being a civilian. For those that hate the fact that I got out of the Marine Corps, go ahead and share those opinions.. because I get it a lot (and I honestly don't mind reading your thoughts on the subject-matter), but don't bash me or my decision that I made. Some people just don't understand it, and the Battalion that I was with totally destroyed any respect that I have for the Marine Corps or any chance that I'd re-enlist. I'm sure, and there are, other duty stations where life would be so much easier and I would be able to work behind a desk or do a 9-5 job instead of going out to the field, going to Afghanistan, getting shot at, working 18 hours every day, et cetera, but I am not going to take that chance to spend another 4 years in a shitty Battalion.

Phew! Anyway! I do apologize for that speech... totally unnecessary, rofl.

Pictures!!!! Oh, and go ahead and bash my car. Or more specifically, my front bumper. Those that know the story about how the paint starting peeling a couple weeks after the painter had finished it know what was going on with my bumper. And about taking it back to have them re-do it?... that shop went out of business... yea, just my luck =(

Front Bumper:
This thing is going to turn into my "travel" bumper. I'm going to work on getting a new '02 Front Bumper ($31 from Certifit :)) and a different lip.

Rear Bumper:
Nothing different except that I re-tinted the taillights, tinted the trunk light, and installed LSP's LED board for the trunk light.

Side Shot:
Random picture, but it's shiny. Notice the painted side mirrors =) Another Certifit addition.

Interior:
Same setup. But different seats that cost me $130 =)

Rear windshield:
I've had this idea for a while, just hadn't gotten around to finding the exact stickers that I've wanted. I especially wanted to get a sticker to remind everyone of the ones who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom, hence the sticker on the right side of the windshield.

Front windshield:
Random set of stickers.

Well that's it. Hope you all enjoyed them lol. Feel free to share opinions on the car and what not. Just don't hate me now that I'm a civilian :lol:
Last edited by 2005.Neon.SXT on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Progress Log --- Life & Work > Car... :(

Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:47 pm

Your front bumper is the bomb. That is all.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

synviper
2GN Member

Post by synviper » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:47 pm

Any plans for the car now that done with the military, besides the front bumper.

Thanks for serving our country man.
ImageImage
Hi my name is Jake and im not smarter than a fifth grader :thumbup:.
Phone Booth Member: 002

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:18 am

damn dude... they clearly didn't even prime the bumper before painting it. Let alone scuff it or even clean it it would seem. :sad:
PM me for your 03+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

DOSneons
2GN Member

Post by DOSneons » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:20 am

ha nice, how bout a pic of the whole car

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:10 am

DOSneons wrote:ha nice, how bout a pic of the whole car
+1

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

DetergentCandy
2GN Member

Post by DetergentCandy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:27 am

:withstupid:

Loving the back window! :thumbup:
02 Neon R/T(Blackula) - Old and busted
05 SRT-4(Serenity) - Sold
20th Anniversary Golf GTI - Sold
05 SRT-4 - New hotness

LilSparkPlug wrote:Mmmm beefy :rofl:

Trappy
2GN Member

Post by Trappy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:40 am

Yeah, the stickers do add undeniable swag to your car :D I really like the color of the paint, as well!
Thank you for serving and protecting us all!
-Ty

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #95

2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:39 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:Your front bumper is the bomb. That is all.
Rofl, thanks Gramps. At first I was thinking the opposite, but I do enjoy it now. haha.
synviper wrote:Any plans for the car now that done with the military, besides the front bumper.

Thanks for serving our country man.
If I keep the car through my schooling, or if I can afford it before/while I'm in school, I'm going to either swap an SRT-4 motor in (if I can find one), or turbo the 2.0 engine. ASP has got a lot of options and is excellent in their knowledge, but an SRT-4 motor would be cheaper. Thanks man =)
sidepipe87 wrote:damn dude... they clearly didn't even prime the bumper before painting it. Let alone scuff it or even clean it it would seem. :sad:
That's what I said when I noticed it started to peel. The same shop painted my side skirts and my rear bumper lip (as well as the front bumper lip when I had the '03+ front), but I never had issues with those pieces. So I trusted them. But nope... they did a shit job. It looked good the day I picked it up though :lol:
I'll get you all a picture of the whole car. Been lookin for a place to shoot the car since I hate apartment parking lot shots.
Trappy wrote:Yeah, the stickers do add undeniable swag to your car :D I really like the color of the paint, as well!
Thank you for serving and protecting us all!
Thanks man. It all started with the "I <3 -Honda- Neons" and the "Built Not Bought" stickers. The "I <3 Neons" is from Jason (Diablo0) and the "Built Not Bought" is from Anthony (glasswars). The rest of the stickers are from ihatestickers.com (including the front bumper ones).

---
Thanks everyone for the comments. The Marine Corps was a good time, and I'm sure I will cherish the memories and the people I've shed blood, pain, and tears with. But it just isn't something that I want to make a career out of. I want to do something that I enjoy doing for work, ya know? Anyway, thanks again everyone. I'll try and snag some whole-car pictures today sometime. Gotta wipe the car down a bit though because of this dang debris in the air (like someone emptied their vacuum canister all over my car, ya know?).

Pablodragon
2GN Member

Post by Pablodragon » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:54 am

Hey!...what's with the Korean flag on the mirror?

Are u Korean...or better yet, is yer wife Korean and is there a pic of her? :rofl:

(Sorry, I'm, former Navy and my wifee is Filipino... thanx for serving our Country!)
2004 SE... doin it one piece at a timeImage

RADARsx 2.0
2GN Member

Post by RADARsx 2.0 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:07 am

Where did you find that vinyl of the bandage? I think that is the EPIC WIN of all wins for decals.
"Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" member #75

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:20 am

RADARsx 2.0 wrote:Where did you find that vinyl of the bandage? I think that is the EPIC WIN of all wins for decals.

x2 :withstupid:
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by heydockyle » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:23 am

130 for srt seats...?!

Wow..
05 OB SRT-4 - AGP Stg 3 Delta 44 Turbo w/ Supporting mods
98 Platinum Coupe - 2.4 Swap
98 Flame Red Sedan - DD Slow
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

g_force58
2GN Member

updated pics

Post by g_force58 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:28 am

First, my humble thanks to you for serving your country and perserving our liberty. I have the utmost respect for our service men and women. Second, the car looks good man! I love the color and the bandaids lol. Nice job!
To Conquer or to Die

n20sxt
2GN Member

Post by n20sxt » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:52 am

lovin it :thumbup:
Budget Boost FTW

j-king
2GN Member

Post by j-king » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:23 pm

what kind of lip are you going to do

2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:35 pm

Pablodragon wrote:Hey!...what's with the Korean flag on the mirror?

Are u Korean...or better yet, is yer wife Korean and is there a pic of her? :rofl:

(Sorry, I'm, former Navy and my wifee is Filipino... thanx for serving our Country!)
Sup man. I am half Korean (mother is Korean, father is a mix of european countries). I take a lot of pride in my Asian Ethnicity, rofl.
RADARsx 2.0 wrote:Where did you find that vinyl of the bandage? I think that is the EPIC WIN of all wins for decals.
rofl thanks man. ihatestickers.com is where I got all my die-cut vinyls :)
heydockyle wrote:130 for srt seats...?!

Wow..
Yea dude. Was browsing eBay, randomly, one evening and found some guy who posted his seats for $110 ($20 shipping). Thought it was a bit strange that someone posted $20 for shipping on eBay. Long story short, he didn't really think that the seats would be a littttllle bit more expensive than that. So since I had sent payment, I asked if he would be interested in driving halfway (we drove 2.5 hours, one way per person). He was down for it, and my "shipping" money covered his gas cost. Worked out wonderfully.
g_force58 wrote:First, my humble thanks to you for serving your country and perserving our liberty. I have the utmost respect for our service men and women. Second, the car looks good man! I love the color and the bandaids lol. Nice job!
Thanks man, on both accounts. I truly appreciate it. It means a lot :)
n20sxt wrote:lovin it :thumbup:
Thanks! :D
j-king wrote:what kind of lip are you going to do
Not too sure. Type M? The kind that Tam has. Or maybe just the Type R again. Not really sure of any other styles, and I'm not paying $150+ for a legit "JDM" lip. lol.

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:48 pm

Damn. That is all awesome! I love the band aid stickers!!!!!

Oh... and you're totally a little bitch for leaving the military you wuss! :rofl: (totally kidding)
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:58 pm

Welcome back stateside!
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)

slaw
2GN Member

Post by slaw » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:27 pm

welcome back mang! sucks about the front bumper, i know all to well about bumper and body shop issues lol

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:09 pm

By the way... just saw a Taco Bell sign saying "If you are eating a taco thank a Soldier"

So... thanks buddy for fighting for my taco!
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

Dylan-00Blue
2GN Member

Post by Dylan-00Blue » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:45 pm

i gotta know where you got the remembrance sticker

dblsg
2GN Veteran

Post by dblsg » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:32 pm

first off, glad your back stateside :thumbup: and car looks good (except for the front bumper) :D

about you getting out... hey, you did your part already ;)
Image Sam-I-Am
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote: "eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."

skaterking411
2GN Member

Post by skaterking411 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:05 pm

looks good. and i like what you did with the front bumper :thumbup:

theTeejmiester
2GN Member

Post by theTeejmiester » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:09 pm

TheRandom1 wrote:By the way... just saw a Taco Bell sign saying "If you are eating a taco thank a Soldier"

:withstupid: I love eating taco's, just not the food kind, I will try that on the wife tonite... :rofl:
Ziptie's come in handy when a prostitute gets mouthy or reluctant
*eye twitches*
I like people who BUY a 10 sec car and then brag about it. Thats like hiring someone to bang your wife and then bragging about the kid

Mopar_Korean
2GN Member

Post by Mopar_Korean » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:30 pm

Why hello my azian brother!

Anyways Im digging the bumper. You need one more sticker for the back window. "Built with combat pay" Some jeep guys who serve have it. When I find a pic ill post it up.
Imported From Detroit
2001 Dodge Neon
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Red04SxtLuvr
2GN Member

Thank you, congrats,, blah blah blah

Post by Red04SxtLuvr » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:37 pm

Thanks for the time you've spent serving the country. Too much discipline for me to do it, among other reasons we will not go into,,,,lol. Congrats on realizing the military is not what you wanna do for the rest of your life. Love the bandaids on the bumper, sorry the paint job went to hell, and props to the stickers on the window. Hope things work out for you in whatever endevours you may have. You're a good man and deserve good karma in your life.
04 Neon, purchased 10/06, 85000 miles, $7300. Slowly making Mods.

blue_03_sxt
2GN Member

Post by blue_03_sxt » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:38 pm

Looks bad ass man have you taken those side pics yet?

2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Gotta do a quick reply, otherwise I'd "quote-reply" everyone...

Thanks all for the kind comments. I'm actually, quite honest, surprised at all the positive feedback on the bumper :rofl: At first, I was like "this is some bullsh**!!" And I honestly started getting upset. As the weeks went by and I would wash the bumper, the paint would just flick off the surface so easily with the pressure washer. As what Sidepipe said, yes... they didn't prime the dang thing at all. I had taken the bumper back a couple weeks later and the guy looked at it. Said he'd be able to fix it up for me. Well, a couple months later when I had the time to go down there... bam! They're out of business... lol. Just my luck, huh? Oh well... so I started adding some humor to it. My first bandaid sticker was that flat-black one.. then I wanted some that stood out, so I got those 2 tan ones.

Anyway, @blue_03_sxt - I'm workin on getting those full-body shots of the car. Been slightly busy this weekend, but I do want to post some more pictures. Gonna have to do a quick wipe-down of the car when I get around to it thought because it's all dirty already.

Oh, random story!! I found the receipt of my Eibach Sportlines... I can't believe how much I paid for that crap 2 years ago *smacks forehead*... y'all ready for this?... $732, including labor. $252 for the springs brand new at a shop and $480 for labor... That's in range of dang Coilover prices!! Ugh!!...

Haha, oh well! Anyhow, I'll try and get those pictures up as soon as I can. Thanks guys :)

Trappy
2GN Member

Post by Trappy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:09 am

theTeejmiester wrote:
TheRandom1 wrote:By the way... just saw a Taco Bell sign saying "If you are eating a taco thank a Soldier"

:withstupid: I love eating taco's, just not the food kind, I will try that on the wife tonite... :rofl:
HAHAHAHAHA! That's hilarious! :laughing3:
-Ty

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #95

Return to “Picture Post”