Burn to a crisp, yellow neon curse.. Kyra is DEAD.

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:48 am

LilSparkPlug wrote:Manny I'm sorry to hear that this happened :(. If any of the body parts end up being good and are SY I'd take them off your hands to help you out some if you're willing to ship. I'm hiding Nee too...

Thanks, but i honestly dong wanna hastle with shipping the bumpers and such plus i have a local friend withing driving distance to me that he wants the bumpers with sides skirts and hell he even wants my fenders.. so he is coming to pick em up sometime withing 2 weeks and ive let it go for cheap too cause well i need the money.

plus my old RT engine someone is coming to pick it up as well sometime within a week.

anyone wanna buy my wheels..?

umm does anyone think the srt block it self is worth taking out..? i mean im sure once taken off it can be cleaned in a hott tank thing, then someone can buy it and do whatever they need with it, Surprisingly the BOV and cold side pipe are perfectly fine as is the intake manifold and turbo manifold, plus the TB is still usuable as well so i guess the question is should i take the time to take the engine out and clean it up and try to find a seller for the block it self..? i wouldnt be asking much for the block itself.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:20 pm

Damn so sorry to hear. You are okay and its time to move on.

Whats the deal with the insurance? You have had issues with the insurance company before with past events, so I bet this won't go too well through them.

I remember in your progress log you posting about an oil leak:
so update: the leak was from my turbo oil feed line, fixed it last week and it ran fine, no more leak. the other day i was working on it & lost the oil Banjo bolt so now im waiting for one from the Dealer
Improper install? Forget the crush washers?

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

zhneon
2GN Member

Post by zhneon » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:32 pm

Glad you are alright Manny. That's the most important thing, all the rest is secondary. Don't let something like this stop you from doing what you want though. Good luck in the future
-Zack
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #101

smiley
2GN Member

Post by smiley » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:21 pm

Damn, for real, Seems like all our SY's are in pretty bad shape right now. That really blows Manny, hope everything gets better.

Undesolved
2GN Member

Post by Undesolved » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:44 pm

How did the tail lights look after this ordeal?

Seth T.

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Neon4Life wrote:dong
:laughing1: You said "Dong." :rofl:
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:23 pm

MoxHair wrote:
lmao I was going to quote that too! hahaha

Mopar65
2GN Member

Post by Mopar65 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Dude this sucks so bad! I've followed your build for so long. This is also the reason I keep an extinguisher withing hands reach in my SRT and no one gets why...
TNK wrote:fertilized Hagan's potatoes? is that some slang for "i shit on Hagan's ballsack?"

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Mopar65 wrote:This is also the reason I make sure oil lines are tightened down all the way and I recheck them often.
fixed that for you.
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

midnightSXT
n00b

Post by midnightSXT » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Damn bro. That sucks. Glad you're okay though.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000091

dsnowsxt
2GN Member

Post by dsnowsxt » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:14 pm

I want the tails
2005 sxt

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:39 pm

Neon4Life wrote:
LilSparkPlug wrote:Manny I'm sorry to hear that this happened :(. If any of the body parts end up being good and are SY I'd take them off your hands to help you out some if you're willing to ship. I'm hiding Nee too...

Thanks, but i honestly dong wanna hastle with shipping the bumpers and such plus i have a local friend withing driving distance to me that he wants the bumpers with sides skirts and hell he even wants my fenders.. so he is coming to pick em up sometime withing 2 weeks and ive let it go for cheap too cause well i need the money.

]
I understand, just figured I'd throw it out there if you needed/wanted the extra cash and didn't have a local buyer. There are no SY's in JY's around here and I need the stupidest parts. Best of luck with everything!

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:18 am

MoxHair wrote:

uhh i guess i did.. lol.
dsnowsxt wrote:I want the tails
PM me then. they are still in perfect working condition.

LilSparkPlug wrote:I understand, just figured I'd throw it out there if you needed/wanted the extra cash and didn't have a local buyer. There are no SY's in JY's around here and I need the stupidest parts. Best of luck with everything!
oh ok. surprisingly i got lots of people offering to buy things so im sure ill make some cash back... the number one thing i wanna get rid of but i know it will be hard cause no one wants them is the wheels.. i dont want the wheels. ahhhh!
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

skaterking411
2GN Member

Post by skaterking411 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:36 am

i like the wheels haha, i would take them if you were local.

Mopar65
2GN Member

Post by Mopar65 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:48 am

Specs on the wheels? I may be interested
TNK wrote:fertilized Hagan's potatoes? is that some slang for "i shit on Hagan's ballsack?"

Passt
2GN Member

Post by Passt » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:43 pm

Wow dude I am so sorry...

dsnowsxt
2GN Member

Post by dsnowsxt » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:15 pm

Thanks
2005 sxt

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:46 pm

Neon4Life wrote:
LilSparkPlug wrote:I understand, just figured I'd throw it out there if you needed/wanted the extra cash and didn't have a local buyer. There are no SY's in JY's around here and I need the stupidest parts. Best of luck with everything!
oh ok. surprisingly i got lots of people offering to buy things so im sure ill make some cash back... the number one thing i wanna get rid of but i know it will be hard cause no one wants them is the wheels.. i dont want the wheels. ahhhh!
See look you posted that and already got a few people interested. Take the tires off em' clean them up and you'll have them sold in no time. They are nice looking that's for sure.

NeonNoob
2GN Member

Post by NeonNoob » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:13 am

Saw Manny's car in person last week...whew. Glad he's ok!4

-John
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000113

BoostinBen
2GN Member

Post by BoostinBen » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:45 am

Always carry a small fire extinguisher in your car. I know ricer movies have made them mounted to the A-pillars seem like the thing to do, but you can easily just keep it in the trunk or mount it somewhere inconspicuous.

Reason being, I parked my SRT at a meet once, popped the hood and we were fiddling around with the throttle body cables since one got caught on the catch can (have since moved the catch can) and one of my braided metal fuel lines touched the starter and arched itself to another piece of metal and caught fire under my intake manifold. Luckily I had my extinguisher and was able to extinguish it before it burnt through the line where it would have met fuel. No damage was done, and all I had to to do was replace 10" of braided fuel line hose, which I re-routed away from the starter. Suffice to say, had I not had my extinguisher, we would have watched my car burn to the ground, too.

Sorry to hear about your car and see its pictures. Things like this happen more commonly than you think. Though you obviously didn't know about your oil leak, when people with valve cover gasket leaks running turbochargers tell me "I'll swap it out at some point but it's no biggie," I have to kinda' shake my head and usually tell them to switch that out before they go driving around again.
'03 SRT-4 = 516 whp courtesy of Wiseco, Crower, DCR, AGP and TDS.

C1DoG
2GN Member

Post by C1DoG » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:26 am

BoostinBen wrote:Always carry a small fire extinguisher in your car. I know ricer movies have made them mounted to the A-pillars seem like the thing to do, but you can easily just keep it in the trunk or mount it somewhere inconspicuous.

I keep my FE attached to the back of the rear seats.
Drove my neon until it was killed in a flood.

XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:06 am

C1DoG wrote:
BoostinBen wrote:Always carry a small fire extinguisher in your car. I know ricer movies have made them mounted to the A-pillars seem like the thing to do, but you can easily just keep it in the trunk or mount it somewhere inconspicuous.

I keep my FE attached to the back of the rear seats.
does it make me a ricer knowing that i have 2 in my car? lol
Haganracing wrote: Love you Cody, even if you fail in life <3
Leighvi424 wrote:omg cody i think u gave me a woodie :P
2004 dodge neon-300whp and counting

BoostinBen
2GN Member

Post by BoostinBen » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:14 am

Shit I'd put a full sized one in my car if I could find a spot to put it...or maybe I could mount it in the trunk next to my methanol tank like it's a nitrous bottle!

XxWhiteNeonxX
2GN Member

Post by XxWhiteNeonxX » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:16 am

BoostinBen wrote:Shit I'd put a full sized one in my car if I could find a spot to put it...or maybe I could mount it in the trunk next to my methanol tank like it's a nitrous bottle!
i have a mini one and a full sized one. lol
Haganracing wrote: Love you Cody, even if you fail in life <3
Leighvi424 wrote:omg cody i think u gave me a woodie :P
2004 dodge neon-300whp and counting

BoostinBen
2GN Member

Post by BoostinBen » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:05 pm

XxWhiteNeonxX wrote:
BoostinBen wrote:Shit I'd put a full sized one in my car if I could find a spot to put it...or maybe I could mount it in the trunk next to my methanol tank like it's a nitrous bottle!
i have a mini one and a full sized one. lol
I have 2 mini ones...after the mini-fire I had I bought another just in case one fails. They're cheaper than shit so why the hell not?

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:12 pm

I have a pink one, I just need to find a decent place to mount it so that it doesn't look ghetto.

slowpeon
2GN Member

Post by slowpeon » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:20 pm

Burn one down?

BLKSRT
2GN Member

Post by BLKSRT » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:23 pm

damn sorry to see this.. car was clean i remember just seeing the thread on SRTforums about it..

and to answer ur question YES take the block out.. one of the locals around here had the same issue with an engine fire and still sold the long block for some good $$$.. best thing about it is that you dont really have to be careful on scratching anything lol.. just go at it..

Return to “Picture Post”