WhooHoo.....BCs Finally Arrived...More Pics

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
CanaNeon
n00b

WhooHoo.....BCs Finally Arrived...More Pics

Post by CanaNeon » Tue May 14, 2013 5:38 pm

Well, It has been a productive weekend.

I have been waiting patiently the last few weeks for a delivery and it finally came last Wednesday.

I then had to wait another agonizing 3 days to install them (I think it was actually worse than waiting for the box to arrive :rofl: )

Any who, I have seen them on many-a-neons but to actually have a box with my name on it with these in them made my day :laughing3:

I was actually so eager to get them in that didn't even think to take better photos or more of the process. Anyway, here is a photo of the car on OEM suspension and my summer tires, felt like I was riding around on my tippy toes all the time :banghead: not to mention the top hats had the notorious squeek and drove me :tardbang:

Took just over an hour and a half to install, everything went very smooth, with the help of a good buddy (price was good too, only a 12 of Old Mill)

Snapped the infamous comparison shot of the old and new :thumbup:

So, because they were new, I was nervous about dropping the car to much to then have the springs settle, so I left the height as it was out of the box (still dropped the car quite a bit :rofl: ) and have been driving back and for so hopefully will have time to drop another little bit, don't want to go crazy, but we'll see where I end up.

This is how it sits currently

Again, as you can see, there is still a bit of room to go. once I have found a height I am happy with, to then find a place that will do the alignment, I spent the extra money and got the rear camber plates...don't want to have any regrets :beatstick: with the shoulda, coulda, woulda mumbo jumbo.
Last edited by CanaNeon on Wed May 15, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue May 14, 2013 8:07 pm

Much better, now you need more shots of your car. Being in Canada I would lather up the sleeves with anti-seize. Or they will be stuck one height. (Like mine)
Yeah I would go a bit lower. Your tires are wearing like crazy right now. After I nstalled my BC's you should of seen the specs! lol Mainly camber issues which don't affect tire wear as much as bad toe does.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Tue May 14, 2013 8:17 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:Much better, now you need more shots of your car. Being in Canada I would lather up the sleeves with anti-seize. Or they will be stuck one height. (Like mine)
AGREED! Even with anti seize I had a tough time after winter.

Looks awesome man! I'm actually pretty jealous... you know you have to get the front/rear lips now
'02 Chrysler Neon RT - SOHC 50trim+Crane 007 ---DEAD---
'05 Dodge Neon SRT4 - DSP & bolt ons ---SOLD---
'08 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - MS1Kv3
Progress Log

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:23 pm

looks good but what's an "sxR"??? is that a canadian model??
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Tue May 14, 2013 10:07 pm

sidepipe87 wrote:looks good but what's an "sxR"??? is that a canadian model??
It was one of those dealer specific packages. A sport version that wasn't an RT.
Progress Log

CanaNeon
n00b

Post by CanaNeon » Wed May 15, 2013 5:06 pm

ThatKevin wrote:
sidepipe87 wrote:looks good but what's an "sxR"??? is that a canadian model??
It was one of those dealer specific packages. A sport version that wasn't an RT.
Pretty much a Frankenstein, has the R/T muffler, SRT Spoiler and non of the gains under the hood :banghead:

Eventually will be debadging, not a big fan of the faded red "R"

If the price is right, I would love to put a front and rear lip on, but they are so rare now that the prices are jacked :cussing: . (I only say that as I only paid $60 for my R/T skirts and that was with Hardware :rofl: )

CanaNeon
n00b

Post by CanaNeon » Wed May 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Adjusted the ride height tonight and sittin' where I think I like it :rockon:

Snapped a shot with my old mans truck just for fun

Just cuz shot.

So at this height, don't bottom out or rub and dampening is at 17 so it's still pretty comfy yet firm :thumbup:

ragek23
2GN Member

Post by ragek23 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:01 pm

very very nice! They will continue to settle. Mine dropped another 1/2" this year and They have maybe 50K on them.

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Thu May 16, 2013 6:46 am

Looking good. Make sure you wait at least 200miles before you go in for an alignment.

You should get the front and rear Mopar lips, only like $90 from the dealer. :-)
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Thu May 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Neon4Life wrote:Looking good. Make sure you wait at least 200miles before you go in for an alignment.
did not know this...
Neon4life wrote: You should get the front and rear Mopar lips, only like $90 from the dealer. :-)
good luck, most dealerships don't even bother trying to find them :/
Progress Log

akirony
2GN Member

Post by akirony » Thu May 16, 2013 8:00 pm

Neon4life wrote: You should get the front and rear Mopar lips, only like $90 from the dealer. :-)
good luck, most dealerships don't even bother trying to find them :/[/quote]
just get the P/N from the exterior section sticky and they'll get them if they're still available. Thats what I did.
Have car-have car problems. Have srt4-have speed problems

Neon4Life
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by Neon4Life » Thu May 16, 2013 11:52 pm

ThatKevin wrote:
Neon4Life wrote:Looking good. Make sure you wait at least 200miles before you go in for an alignment.
did not know this...
good luck, most dealerships don't even bother trying to find them :/
1. Yeah you don't have to wait but usually 200miles is a nice break in period and they should settle some. If you did an alignment right away as compared to when driven a few miles then the alignment would be off a bit.

2. Yeah just get the part number and walk in there with it and they should find it for you within minutes.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048

Johny
2GN Member

Post by Johny » Fri May 17, 2013 1:57 am

You can get the front and back for like 150 I think it was.. and it comes in black so you're in luck.

I paid like 260 for my r/t skirts lulul
www.JohnyR.net - Web development

CanaNeon
n00b

Post by CanaNeon » Fri May 17, 2013 10:56 am

Johny wrote:You can get the front and back for like 150 I think it was.. and it comes in black so you're in luck.

I paid like 260 for my r/t skirts lulul
Wow, see $150 for front and rear is a good deal. and if I don't have to paint them, that would be sweet.

I have already put on about 350+ Km so the car is going in today for an alignment.

It proved to be more challenging than expected to locate a shop that would take me because of my "huge drop" (their words not mine). Should have seen the look on one guys face when I said I could still go lower if I wanted :tardbang:

CanaNeon
n00b

Post by CanaNeon » Fri May 17, 2013 4:23 pm

CanaNeon wrote:I have already put on about 350+ Km so the car is going in today for an alignment.
So spent about 45 minutes watching the shop trying to get my car on the lift (drive on) :banghead: was told they do lowered cars all the time. They finally called it quits and said they can't do it :beatstick: , so now I have to find another place, which I have a lead that says they have a recessed one so it can accept lowered cars.

I'll believe it when I see it.

akirony
2GN Member

Post by akirony » Fri May 17, 2013 4:25 pm

$150? Is that Canada's overall price? I only paid $88 here in texas. Has the price went up in the last 2 years?
Have car-have car problems. Have srt4-have speed problems

ThatKevin
2GN Member

Post by ThatKevin » Fri May 17, 2013 4:51 pm

CanaNeon wrote:
CanaNeon wrote:I have already put on about 350+ Km so the car is going in today for an alignment.
So spent about 45 minutes watching the shop trying to get my car on the lift (drive on) :banghead: was told they do lowered cars all the time. They finally called it quits and said they can't do it :beatstick: , so now I have to find another place, which I have a lead that says they have a recessed one so it can accept lowered cars.

Who was that???
Progress Log

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri May 17, 2013 5:56 pm

akirony wrote:$150? Is that Canada's overall price? I only paid $88 here in texas. Has the price went up in the last 2 years?
Depends where you go. Usually $100+ easily for a 4 wheel alignment.

Find a performance shop with an alignment rack. I will NEVER take it to a reg. auto shop ever for an alignment.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

CanaNeon
n00b

Post by CanaNeon » Fri May 17, 2013 6:14 pm

ThatKevin wrote:
CanaNeon wrote:

Who was that???
Active Green and Ross, the place that performance improvements recommended. :quotes:

PurpleStuff
2GN Member

Post by PurpleStuff » Tue May 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Looks good. Coilovers are probably the best investment ever.
Build Thread....Check It viewtopic.php?t=51626

CanaNeon
n00b

Post by CanaNeon » Tue May 21, 2013 9:26 pm

^^^ I could not agree more. ^^^ Best investment yet.

Arro
2GN Member

Post by Arro » Wed May 22, 2013 1:43 pm

I second that statement. Plus if I understand right, BC's are rebuildable for cheap. So with care amd maybe a rebuild down the line they will be useable for many years.

Also, I bought mine with the rear camber plates, but honestly no alignment has required them to use the top plate adjustments. So far, the only rear adjustments the alignment shop has had to make was with the factory adjustment points, and that was after some seriously fucked up alignment due to a road hazard.
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it.
- A - R - R - O - 2000 - NEON SE - // - 2003 - SRT-4 -
Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651950
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #22

Return to “Picture Post”