Bring it....

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
occasional demons
Junior Admin

Bring it....

Post by occasional demons » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:09 pm

Checking fit for my new shoes.

195 55 15 Hankook Winter I-Pike Snow Tires on 15 x 7 wheels

Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

DetergentCandy
2GN Member

Post by DetergentCandy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:26 pm

Never had to purchase a set of winter tires. Hope that doesn't change.
I like the new star pattern wheels over the ones you have in the rear, though!
02 Neon R/T(Blackula) - Old and busted
05 SRT-4(Serenity) - Sold
20th Anniversary Golf GTI - Sold
05 SRT-4 - New hotness

LilSparkPlug wrote:Mmmm beefy :rofl:

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:29 pm

The rears are 1st gen wheels.

The ones I'm going to use are an old set of Prime wheels I bought at least 20 years ago for my Shadow ES.

:shock: Damn how time flies.

I doubt those are even available anymore. The center caps are kind of a joke on them. Being plastic, you can't tighten the one screw that holds them too tight, or they will crack around the screw , and fly off. If you don't get them tight enough, they come loose, and are slung around on the screw until the plastic gives way, and they fly off.

And when they fly off, you better hope no one is in their kamikaze flight path.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

ragek23
2GN Member

Post by ragek23 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:07 pm

I ran those tires last year. They are amazing. Just don't count on them being worth much on dry pavement. Your stopping distances and cornering is a little compromised. The good part is they last longer than blizzacks because they arn't so grippy.

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:14 pm

Nice. Get a lot of snow in Ohio? We got a ton last year in Kansas. My little 1st gen with old small tread street tires did okay. Glad I got the fronts replaced not too long ago.

What front fascia is that? Kaminari?

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:35 pm

ragek23 wrote:I ran those tires last year. They are amazing. Just don't count on them being worth much on dry pavement. Your stopping distances and cornering is a little compromised. The good part is they last longer than blizzacks because they arn't so grippy.
Well with the SRT springs on regular struts, it sits a bit higher, so the handling isn't as good as it used to be when I had it lowered by any means. It is strictly the winter car now, and I'll have to re adjust once I park the '99.

I had General Altimax Winter tires last year, on those 1gn wheels, but some ditzy woman pulled out in front of me, and they got severely flat spotted from that. The downside of very soft rubber.

MyNeonSaysHi wrote: What front fascia is that? Kaminari?
Yes. Kind of a shame to use it on a winter car, but it does have it's advantages.

I was going through snow deep enough it was sliding over the hood last year. I don't think a normal '00/'01/'02 neon opening would have been as accommodating.

I suspect it is also a decent part of good highway fuel mileage.

And the price was decent. There are still some available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-195-55-15 ... 55?vxp=mtr

Yes, they are 3 years old, but I doubt they are going to last long enough for age to be an issue.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

ragek23
2GN Member

Post by ragek23 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:15 pm

that is a great deal.

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:00 pm

Yeah, I thought so. I didn't want to buy them just yet, but I couldn't pass it up. I was going to need them anyways...
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Picture Post”