Custom Strut Mounts

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share. Off-Topic Pictures (non-2GN related) should be placed in the Off-Topic Media board.
LaidNeon
2GN Member

Custom Strut Mounts

Post by LaidNeon » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:41 pm

Tomorrow i'll put the finishing touches on my front upper strut mounts. i still need to get an over sized pipe from my works shop & find a sealed bearing for my strut rod. then i should be getting 2" closer to the ground. I also still have the back to do, but thats gonna be a lil more work.

while i was at it, i choped the trunk too

- Dan

Kevin_GP
2GN Member

Post by Kevin_GP » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:50 pm

Are you going to cut that ridge in the unibody? With my coilovers I was almost resting on that and I notched it out to gain another inch. Goodluck with those strut mounts though.

LaidNeon
2GN Member

Post by LaidNeon » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:03 am

i still need to inspect the fender well area. i might take out the ridge that is around the strut rod bolt at the top of the strut tower. & then just mount the new mount on top of the strut tower. im still toying with ideas so when i finish the mounts i'll tear into it. i made like 8 of these plates & only 2 of them are pre drilled, so if i F up i got spares.
- Dan

Sparky828
2GN Member

Post by Sparky828 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:06 am

how do you people do it?!?!? wear white shirts and keep them cleam while working on ur car... i cant do ti lolbut ive seen lots of pics of white shirt wearers keepin their shirts clean lol. I love that trunk tho

2000 Dodge ES ATX

Spark CAI, Magnum intake manifold with working butterflies, zzapp 60mm tb, magnum header, gutted cat, bosal glasspack, srt axle back, RMVB (Reverse Manual Valve Body), flex-a-lite tranny cooler, and SRT springs.

~ A loss for one, is a win for another ~

ACHEAPSHOT
2GN Member

Post by ACHEAPSHOT » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:01 am

Good thing you have bagged suspension, you are gonna be super low!
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #89

SILVER-ES

Post by SILVER-ES » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:23 pm

Maybe I missed it in another post but are you going to do to the trunk lid?

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:03 pm

i should be getting 2" closer to the ground.
:shock: Aren't you hitting the ground? Theres space to go 2'' lower already on a bagged suspension?

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

LaidNeon
2GN Member

Post by LaidNeon » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:46 pm

raul-01 wrote:
i should be getting 2" closer to the ground.
:shock: Aren't you hitting the ground? Theres space to go 2'' lower already on a bagged suspension?
until i lay rocker, i will not stop. i have to do some trimming of course, but it will all be worth it
SILVER-ES wrote:Maybe I missed it in another post but are you going to do to the trunk lid?
the lid has already been modded
- Dan

Kevin_GP
2GN Member

Post by Kevin_GP » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:55 pm

until i lay rocker, i will not stop. i have to do some trimming of course, but it will all be worth it
You might have to do alittle more than just some "trimming", atleast in the front. There just isnt enough room up there to tuck a tire that high, atleast with my 205/40/17 but I think you have the same size. The rear shouldnt be a problem for you though, I was tucking rim with just coilovers alone but I had to drive it like that :lol: I hope those strut mounts work out well though, thats a bummer you couldn't get a hold of ground control, I was thinking of buying there top mounts.

LaidNeon
2GN Member

Post by LaidNeon » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:27 pm

looks like im gonna have to raise the towers or come up with some wicked ass front end suspension
- Dan

SILVER-ES

Post by SILVER-ES » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:52 pm

CrucialNeon wrote:
SILVER-ES wrote:Maybe I missed it in another post but are you going to do to the trunk lid?
the lid has already been modded
So what was done to it?

Canada
Junior Admin

Re: Custom Strut Mounts

Post by Canada » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:57 pm

Image[/quote]

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:26 pm

can you drive your car with it layed out.?
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

quicksilvr
Former Moderator

Post by quicksilvr » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:03 am

Whoa man, when you get those fabbed in, you're going to need some of those blocks that the mini trucks use to throw sparks. Then if like he^ said, you drive with it slammed, you'll look like a sparkler on the 4th of July! :lol: Seriously though, it'll be sweet when it's layed on the ground.
-Dave
2001 Dodge Neon R/T

SILVER-ES

Re: Custom Strut Mounts

Post by SILVER-ES » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:29 pm

EclecticBlue wrote:Image
Yeah, I saw the picture. Looks like a big cut up hole where the keyhole should be, hence my question of what was done to it...

LaidNeon
2GN Member

Post by LaidNeon » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:56 pm

thats my viper key in the key hole. all i did was make my trunk flip flop again
- Dan

Floyd
2GN Member

Post by Floyd » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:14 pm

quicksilvr wrote:Whoa man, when you get those fabbed in, you're going to need some of those blocks that the mini trucks use to throw sparks. Then if like he^ said, you drive with it slammed, you'll look like a sparkler on the 4th of July! :lol: Seriously though, it'll be sweet when it's layed on the ground.
Its horrible for the frame when you do that :x

I know a guy that does that in his s-10 but its too much money for the real blocks.

LaidNeon
2GN Member

Post by LaidNeon » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:19 pm

which is why im gonna try & get my neon to be the only to drag body & get it on video. that way i'll only have to do it once, just to say "yeah i did it"
- Dan

SILVER-ES

Post by SILVER-ES » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:08 pm

CrucialNeon wrote:thats my viper key in the key hole. all i did was make my trunk flip flop again
That's why I didn't know what you did, I thought your trunk was already flip flop.

SlvrACR
2GN Member

Post by SlvrACR » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:18 pm

Po12no has a video of him draggin his 2nd gen. We fabbed some strut bags on the front or his and he should be laying lower this year. I like your idea for the mounts but im not sure if I would mod the mount this way. I cant wait to see it done though.
2gn Member Feedback
My Project Log
01 Dodge ACR - SOLD
01 Dodge RT - 279whp 329wtq

Return to “Picture Post”