Motor rebuild

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
StreetEviL
2GN Member

Motor rebuild

Post by StreetEviL » Tue May 01, 2007 3:42 am

After months of nitrous and a turbo kit, my motor finally started to puke its final breaths. This past weekend, I tore everything out of the motor down to the block and crank. I had the head milled .040 and put DOHC pistons in. I found a 95 cam, so I tossed that in too. I put a intake on and gutted the CAT. I got bored putting everything back together, so I polished the combustion chambers. Everything finally ran perfect at about 1:30pm this monday. The engine makes no noises and with the 18's and the auto, it will bark the tires without brake torqueing. I had about 5 miles on it, on the first voyage, when out of no where, the hood flys up. The windsheild shatters and the hood got f*cked up beyond repair. It figures something like this would happen after busting my ass all weekend on my motor. I'll post pics of the damage and engine rebuild tomorrow.
"I live my life a quater mile at a time." Yea, that was me in your rear view mirror.

quicksilvr
Former Moderator

Re: Motor rebuild

Post by quicksilvr » Tue May 01, 2007 9:58 am

StreetEviL wrote:After months of nitrous and a turbo kit, my motor finally started to puke its final breaths.

:lol: "months" isn't very long...

So are you running the car with a turbo again? And higher compression than before? Just curious how you're tuning that sucker. Sorry to hear about the hood thing though, that sucks. Post some pics and a vid when you get it all fixed up.
-Dave
2001 Dodge Neon R/T

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Tue May 01, 2007 11:31 am

:withstupid:
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

StreetEviL
2GN Member

Post by StreetEviL » Tue May 01, 2007 12:23 pm

6 months of a 100 hp shot on factory internals, then the turbo finished me off. :D I'm not doing turbo on this motor, I'm saving for a srt-4 swap.
"I live my life a quater mile at a time." Yea, that was me in your rear view mirror.

StreetEviL
2GN Member

Post by StreetEviL » Mon May 07, 2007 3:45 pm

Here is a couple pics of my motor rebuild. You can see where #2 piston is cracked. I left a factory piston in so you can compare verses the DOHC pistons. Also, I couldn't find my pics of my damaged hood and windshield, so I used microsoft paint to draw an ausome recreation!

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Mon May 07, 2007 3:56 pm

dude stick to motor work cause you suck at drawing.....lol
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

JRM
2GN Member

Post by JRM » Mon May 07, 2007 4:00 pm

KrackstaR wrote:dude stick to motor work cause you suck at drawing.....lol
:rofl: :laughing3:
06 Ford F150 Stock truck 23x,xxx miles and running strong
05 Chevy Equinox Wifey's

Official I sold my Neon Member #482

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Mon May 07, 2007 9:03 pm

ok, so i honestly had to stare at that drawing for about 5 min. before i realized it was your car with the "modified" windshield and hood. wouldn't it have been alot easier to just take a pic?

StreetEviL
2GN Member

Post by StreetEviL » Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm

Yea, I kinda drew that pic in about 30 seconds, because I had to go to work. I know it SUCKS, thats why I did it, LOL! The headlights are all crosseyed. :tardbang:

Kevin_GP
2GN Member

Post by Kevin_GP » Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm

Lol, that drawing looks like the foot of a transformer.

StreetEviL
2GN Member

Post by StreetEviL » Tue May 08, 2007 2:44 am

OK, all motor sucks with the auto. It takes me till 2nd gear to pull around my buddys 1st gen 3.94 5 spd. So duh duh dunnnnnn. You can guess. Just stick'n with the 75shot now. The 100 shot that did its works on my car the first time scares me now. LOL :twisted:

Return to “Progress/Project Log”