Progress Log for "Blu" Updated 8-17-08 !!!

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:51 pm

lol yup, nice and clean now for sure :)
Neon Blu SXT

TNK wrote:^i like this one, she's fiesty. :lol:
2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Wed May 14, 2008 11:54 am

"Blu" Interior LED lighting installed 5/11/08, Thank you Joe!!!!! :)

Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

King Crab
2GN Member

Post by King Crab » Wed May 14, 2008 5:18 pm

Wow, Dee Dee, Blu just got bluer, imagine that lol. I love it. And not only did you get blue Neon (ha ha ha) but you got a blue switch too boot. :thumbup:

I like it so much I might just have to copy you!

Enjoy, from your west coast buddy. :D
~David~

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Wed May 14, 2008 6:25 pm

King Crab wrote:Wow, Dee Dee, Blu just got bluer, imagine that lol. I love it. And not only did you get blue Neon (ha ha ha) but you got a blue switch too boot. :thumbup:

I like it so much I might just have to copy you!

Enjoy, from your west coast buddy. :D
Thanks David, all the compliments go to Joe/Krack tho. He did an awesome job for sure and I thank him very much. Also Thanks to him for allowing me to come spend mothers day with him as this one was a hard one because of having to put my baby and best friend (Pooh Bear, my cat) to sleep at the beginning of the week due to cancer. Spending the day with Joe doing car stuff and laughing at each other made the day better for sure.

As for the LED's, Its not so much blu in the interior of the car tho lol. There is a little bit of blu here and there but nothing big, its mainly blah beige lol. Yeah the switch I got to match ( Im a match freak shrugs LOL ) its so low in the car tho you dont see it. Its right in front of the shifter so that really hides it to be honest. I didnt want to open my car door and see a bunch of after market switches everywhere... I wanted to keep it clean looking. Im glad we chose a spot that you would be looking down on, as you can see in the pic, we tried another spot above it that didnt give enough clearance for the switch so we had to move it down. Test before you drill LOL!!! Glad you like it :) feel free to copy away... lol We are working on another little surprise that I will be posting up next week if nothing happens in the mean time so stay tuned!!!! :)

Best wishes to the family!
Dee Dee
Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Wed May 14, 2008 8:40 pm

woot woot dee looking good. Glad everything worked out for ya. I enjoyed working on your car, I cant wait for fase two of our project. :rockon:

lemon cake FTW.
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Thu May 15, 2008 2:39 am

KrackstaR wrote:woot woot dee looking good. Glad everything worked out for ya. I enjoyed working on your car, I cant wait for fase two of our project. :rockon:

lemon cake FTW.
haha Thanks to you Joe lol. Yes, Im excited about fase two myself hehe.... I hope another good movie is on again so I can play surround sound again LMAO! hahahaha dont you go eating all that lemon cake at once now either... lol
Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

King Crab
2GN Member

Post by King Crab » Fri May 16, 2008 1:09 pm

Thanks for the best wishes, Dee Dee. It means a lot.

I wish I was an eloquent writer, but I'm not. I'm at a loss for words on how to express my sorrow for what you must be going through. It's never an easy task to deal with the passing of a loved one, human or one of our furry friends. I just know that Pooh Bear was a very luck cat to have such a loving and caring mommy. You must have many fond memories during the years you got to share with one another.

It's a wonderful gesture of friendship that Joe (KrackstaR) did for you. Good people are always great to have in our lives, and shows just how awesome some people can be. :thumbup:

Phase two? Now you've got me hooked! Thanks......

Take care.
~David~

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Fri May 16, 2008 7:25 pm

David you dont have to ba an eloquent writer say your sorry for my loss. You did just fine and Im thankful. Its getting easier, every once in a while like getting up in the mornings or coming home in the evenings is when I miss him the most. He always woke me up in the mornings and well its always hard not having him greet me at the door at nights when I get home shrugs. Its passing tho and finally setting in that he is gone. I got a card the other day from the hospital telling me how sorry they were for the loss and included a cat angel pin for me. I was surprised actually but thought how kind of them to do. but Ill be ok, no worries, just takes time.

Yes it was a wonderful gesture on Joe's part, Im thankful for sure. He is my buddy. :)

Yes there is a fase two lol. Im so excited too lol.

I will always wish my friends and their family's the best. Thats just the way I am shrugs lol. I dont have to many so I try my hard to make sure they know that Im always thankful for them and will always wish them the best. You never know, you might not have them tomorrow as I have found out with pooh. Im so glad he was able to be with me for the time he was. Well Ive yapped enough lol. Thank you again. Talk to you soon. :)
Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Mon May 19, 2008 4:10 am

Fase 2 to come. Something came up to where Joe and I couldnt meet up as planned.
Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Mon May 19, 2008 9:55 am

Mmmmmm Lemon Cake....... So what is this Phase 2? Is it themed with the interior lighting, which I might add turned out pretty damn good!
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Tue May 20, 2008 6:01 am

Thanks Hansken, maybe...... :twisted: lol

Have to wait and see lol.
Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Mon May 26, 2008 10:07 pm

New date for part 2... this sunday! wooohooo I cant wait :)
Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:55 pm

The past few days have been crazy with mods. Im sure it will take a few days to recover LOL shrugs. As you all may know I went to MD on sunday for the visors with the screens to be installed. There were a few issues here and there but we finally got it all in and working LOL. I also got the new radio bezel and shifter plate painted and installed. It took some doing to get everything done, there was more to do but I didnt make it home until after midnight so some things had to be put off until the next trip lol. Still have more that needs to be on the interior but at least this is a start... Many thanks to Krackstar/Joe for all his help, Im grateful as always.... :) (Hope you enjoyed the cake Joe!!! :wink:)

Then today I went Roshique's (The VP of our club) to have some powder coating done. I wanted to get the Intake, Valve cover and wiper arms done. Needless to say I had no clue my valve cover was plastic and couldnt be done. Luckly Rosh noticed it before getting everything taken apart. He did get the other things done and I must say, I am really liking it! I will be looking for a new valve cover that can be coated, Joe says I can get one for about 40 bucks so Ill be on the look out for one soon. Many thanks to Rosh for all his help, Im grateful.... :)

Now on to the pics!!!!!

First the Visors.... The before pic.

And now the after.

The only thing I dont like about these visors is that they dont line up with the second clip so they just hang on one side. We had to put back the stock second clips so as to hide the holes that was cut into the headliner. I can live with it tho :wink: Everything else is awesome.

The power inverter had to put in the glove box because there wasnt enough wire to it to put it anywhere else.

The DVD player was placed under the pass. side seat.

Interior night shots with the visors going and the LED lights on.

Radio bezel and shifter plate (before)

After

Now to the powder coating pics.

Before

After

Windshield wiper blade arms that were done too.

I love how the coating sparkles lol shrugs :biggrin:

All I need to do now is find someway to cut down on the rattleing of the inverter, its kinda driving me nut jumping around in the glove box LOL shrugs....

Hope you all like and enjoy :biggrin:
Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

WykedHellFire
2GN Member

Post by WykedHellFire » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:01 pm

looks fantastic dee dee.
2000 Ford F-150 XLT (Daily Driver)

2000 Plymouth Neon LX (For Sale, $300, PM me for pics)

1988 Pontiac Firebird (5-Speed and a 305 or 350 going in)(Check back for updates)

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:10 pm

Thank you Derrick :wink:
Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

WykedHellFire
2GN Member

Post by WykedHellFire » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:15 pm

np!! :twisted:

1988 Pontiac Firebird (5-Speed and a 305 or 350 going in)(Check back for updates)

Chibits12
2GN Member

Post by Chibits12 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:07 am

Wow Dee Dee your car has come a long way from the last pic I saw months ago. :shock:

Your interior looks awesome too. :thumbup:

2006 Cobalt SS 2.4. Completely stock.

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:23 am

Chibits12 wrote:Wow Dee Dee your car has come a long way from the last pic I saw months ago. :shock:

Your interior looks awesome too. :thumbup:
Why thank you Noel lol :) yeah, Im still getting used to all the new gadgets to be honest LOL! Still need to do some things in the interior but I think this is a nice start lol :)
Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:25 pm

lemon cake FTW.... :rockon:

hey dee looks great glad everything worked out, velcro for the inverter like we did the DVD player.
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:36 pm

KrackstaR wrote:lemon cake FTW.... :rockon:

hey dee looks great glad everything worked out, velcro for the inverter like we did the DVD player.
lol thanks Joe :wink: Ill find it somewhere in that trunk Im sure LOL. Thanks again for all your hard work, Im really grateful. Glad the Lemon cake was a hit too lol :)
Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

King Crab
2GN Member

Post by King Crab » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:02 pm

:shock: Wow, all that hard work for lemon cake. Dee Dee, your lemon cake must be out of this world. Krack (Joe) is the man. :thumbup: That is why I love this community so much...... People helping People all the time. Awesome job. What can I say, Blu is looking great and has so many gadgets now. It's like home away from home. Who needs a living room when it's all there, in Blu.
~David~

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:35 pm

King Crab wrote::shock: Wow, all that hard work for lemon cake. Dee Dee, your lemon cake must be out of this world. Krack (Joe) is the man. :thumbup: That is why I love this community so much...... People helping People all the time. Awesome job. What can I say, Blu is looking great and has so many gadgets now. It's like home away from home. Who needs a living room when it's all there, in Blu.
lol, the cake is really good I must say lol. Its my Granny's and you know that its been perfected over the years lol shrugs. Maybe Ill send you the recipe since I cant send you one lol. Yes we have gadgets now lol. Not to sure what to do with myself really LOL. All we need now is fridge and a sink LOL...Thanks David :) hope all is well there on the west side, my best to the family as always.... :)
Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:08 pm

Not a huge fan of the sparkle wipers/cai, but otherwise I love your car!
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

supertrick_05
2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

:withstupid:

I've never been a fan of ANY painted wiper arms. They look best in matte black. It's nice to see you finally modding your car though! I hope you have some plans for the exterior.

So you're just gonna let the visors hang like that? I would think you could re-locate those hooks and cover the stock location holes with something easy on the eyes... :dontknow:
-Brodie
2002 Dodge Neon ACR - Needs LOTS of love, but I'm gonna slowly get her to where she deserves to be :)

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:15 pm

supertrick_05 wrote::withstupid:

I've never been a fan of ANY painted wiper arms. They look best in matte black. It's nice to see you finally modding your car though! I hope you have some plans for the exterior.

So you're just gonna let the visors hang like that? I would think you could re-locate those hooks and cover the stock location holes with something easy on the eyes... :dontknow:
It will have to do for now, I was laid off from my job today so Im not sure if I will be doing anymore mods at this point. I am grateful for all the comments/suggestions tho, thank you.
Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

WykedHellFire
2GN Member

Post by WykedHellFire » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:17 pm

NeonBluSXT wrote:
supertrick_05 wrote::withstupid:

It will have to do for now, I was laid off from my job today so Im not sure if I will be doing anymore mods at this point. I am grateful for all the comments/suggestions tho, thank you.
oh noez, it sounds like it hasn't been a very good couple weeks for you dee dee, my best wishes go to you :thumbup:

SteelBlue
2GN Member

Post by SteelBlue » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:55 am

I came on here to tell you how great Blu looks and saw the bad news. :(

Hopefully you find something soon; you seem like a great lady so it shouldn't take long for any potential employer to see what they'd be missing out on if they didn't offer you a job. Best wishes.
Crystal
02 Neon - SteelBlue, 08 Caliber SRT - Inferno Red, 08 Caliber SRT - Brilliant Black

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:47 am

my intake turned colors. :shock:

looking good Deedee! sorry to hear about the job though
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:21 am

Those LCD's in the visors is awesome!!! Now don't get in an accident!

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

King Crab
2GN Member

Post by King Crab » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:48 pm

Dee Dee, I'm sorry to hear about the rough patch you've had to endure lately, and now this to add to the pile. This just down right SUCKS.... :(

Good people, such as yourself don't deserve this much turmoil. I truly hope that things will turn around super fast for you. :)

Peace, your west coast buddy.
~David~

Return to “Progress/Project Log”