Progress Log for "Blu" Updated 8-17-08 !!!

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
SOHCKing03
2GN Member

Post by SOHCKing03 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:45 am

That headunit looks sickkk. I just picked up an indash today for $150! I just worked 5 days of closing shifts at work (1:30-10) which are super super annoying so I figured I would treat myself lol.

The car is coming along great D. A blue strut bar would be a great add-on to the car.

Keep the progress coming!

-Brad
JDM Neon Crew Member #1

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:47 am

Thank you Brad, Congrats on your new head unit as well. Yeah I have been looking at bars but all Ive seen is either the ones for 9.99 or 109.00. Id like to find something in the middle of the price range that is decent and not cheap looking.
Neon Blu SXT

TNK wrote:^i like this one, she's fiesty. :lol:
2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:03 pm

Well I got the harness cover in July and Im still waiting for the bolts that they cant seem to send me. Ive had to put the cover in place at the past few shows but anyway here are the pics of it. Im sure you all get the idea lol.

Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

2005.Neon.SXT
2GN Member

Post by 2005.Neon.SXT » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:52 pm

Looks good! Nice and clean. I needa clean mine up quite a bit when I get back. I should look into dressin up the engine since it seems to really put a spark on the car, I'm quite jealous lol.
Progress Log --- Life & Work > Car... :(

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:30 am

Why thank you very much :)

Ive been working hard to try to clean it all up lol not an easy task for sure.....
Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

King Crab
2GN Member

Post by King Crab » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:01 pm

Hey there East Coast Buddy, How's it going.

I like that you got the fuel rail cover. But, how come you got the high output one? And are you going to paint the lettering blue to match everything else? I don't think that I gave you props for the under body neon lights....... so props. I like it a lot. I was debating on getting some awhile ago but opted on another route (suspension). I recently had to take off my front window tinting after having it for just over 8 years :(.......... a cop pulled me over for the tint alone. I guess I jinx myself by saying in a few threads here that I had no issues. :lol: It's been "naked" tint free up front for about 3 weeks now, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself anyway. I still plan on tinting them again in the future, but we'll see how long I'll hold out for. :roll:

I saw the tread you started about the car show on a air strip..... Their were a lot of sweet ass rides, but not as sweet as yours. Your :quotes: Blu :quotes: is looking great as always. So many new toys to play with. I thought you were going to slow down on the modding, but it seems as if you've just picked up more steam. It's nice to hear that you had a great time at the show. :thumbup: That's what it's all about. Doing what you love to do and enjoying yourself.

Take care of yourself.

Peace.
~David~

SOHCKing03
2GN Member

Post by SOHCKing03 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:59 am

Yeah D, just tried to do some searching for you but I found exactly what you did... $10-$130 lol. Modern used to have a couple before the new site and now they only have the DC one which is way too expensive. I believe the Vibrant ones were in your middle range but I think they had those holes in them which I didn't like very much.

I'll keep looking.

-Brad

EDIT: Found the blue Vibrant one for $65!

LINK
JDM Neon Crew Member #1

NeonBluSXT
2GN Member

Post by NeonBluSXT » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:59 am

Hey David :) All is going as good as it can be lol.
Thank you for all the comments, Im grateful. I got the High Output cover cause I liked it better then the other one they offered shrugs lol. As for painting it blu, Im not sure. I did do the silver since I cant find chrome which is in my color scheme. I didnt want to have to much blu and want everything to offset each other. As for the neons, Im hoping to have them fixed tonight if everything works out right we will see. They havent worked since they were first installed. At one point they almost caught the car on fire so we are taking it slowly and trying to figure out how to get everything done. Wow, Im sorry about your tint ticket, that does suck I know lol. Yeah you get used to not having the tint but it does make the car look so much better with it I think shrugs lol. Yes the last show was awesome to say the least, I havent had so much fun at a show before I wish they were all that way lol. As for slowing down on Modding, well Ive been doing some "under the table" work that has allowed me to do a few things. Helped my Grandmother out a few times and well... she pays me (which I told her not to) and nicely at that. I didnt have much choice in the head unit - mine died so I had to do something I was going crazy without tunes lol shrugs. Since I had to put the money out for it anyways I thought Id might as well get something more up to date and that I could expand on in the future so... thats what I did :) I should be getting the satellite module on monday (for free) I cant wait!! hehe.
Give my best to everyone, hope all is well there on your coast :)

Brad:

Thank you so much for looking the bar up. Yeah we found the same things lol. I do like the vibrant one you found but like you said I really dont care for the holes in it either... So the quest goes on LOL shrugs...

Again thank you both for your wonderful comments and help, I really do appreciate it more then you know..... :)
Neon Blu SXT

2005 Neon SXT ATX "Blu"

Return to “Progress/Project Log”