MyNeonSaysHi Mod Log: Stone White

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Re: MyNeonSaysHi Mod Log: Stone White

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:48 pm

Yeah the 215/55/16 are the same height as a 235/45/17. I plan on getting them dismounted and selling them. The brand is Doral. Lol. Sounds like a cigarette brand.
Nice on the winter tires, really don't need those out here in Kansas. Just FWD and a good all seasonal. We do get some crazy snow storms but I never had problems in it. Plus its flat out here. I could only imagine how nice a AWD car would do with winter tires in snow.

Yeah I am keeping my eye on it. After I drove it to work I checked the spot where my car was parked and I didn't see anything. But it is super fresh oil with like 30 miles on it. And a new oil pan, so there is no residual old oil really. Or whatever was on the bearings or and internals that is it.

I noticed not having the balance chain shaft, the car at idle has a tiny bit more vibration in the seat and the steering wheel. Nothing crazy, its kind of cool. Just reving the car a bit it seems to rev more freely now.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:04 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:48 pm
I could only imagine how nice a AWD car would do with winter tires in snow.

It is pretty phenomenal.

I always made it through snow that was deep enough to come up the hood on the neon, but I had comparable snow tires on that too. But driving a 2gn neon in the salt brine they use anymore is a death sentence.

While the neon could go through that, it was probably pretty hard on the front fascia pushing that amount of snow, and it did struggle a bit. The Subaru AWD does it with ease, and is more stable than my XJ was. You constantly had to keep correcting in the Jeep. I always turn off the traction control in the Impreza, mostly because it kills the throttle anytime there is any slippage. I have found that pretty unsettling. You otherwise really have to make an effort to get it out of control. It is almost a killjoy for having a little fun, drifting in a(n empty) parking lot.

I had normal tires on it the first winter, and it did okay, you could actually get it a bit sideways, but braking wasn't any better than the tires on a FWD/2WD vehicle. The winter tires make a bigger difference there, than pulling away from a stop.

That's my biggest reason for the winter rated tires. Stopping is nicer than being able to move. The way I see it, if you can't get out of your driveway, it's best you stay home. :lol:

The only thing that makes me nervous now is black ice. There isn't too much that dominates that.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

theColonel
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by theColonel » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:18 pm

occasional demons wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:04 pm
MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:48 pm
I could only imagine how nice a AWD car would do with winter tires in snow.

It is pretty phenomenal.

I always made it through snow that was deep enough to come up the hood on the neon, but I had comparable snow tires on that too. But driving a 2gn neon in the salt brine they use anymore is a death sentence.

While the neon could go through that, it was probably pretty hard on the front fascia pushing that amount of snow, and it did struggle a bit. The Subaru AWD does it with ease, and is more stable than my XJ was. You constantly had to keep correcting in the Jeep. I always turn off the traction control in the Impreza, mostly because it kills the throttle anytime there is any slippage. I have found that pretty unsettling. You otherwise really have to make an effort to get it out of control. It is almost a killjoy for having a little fun, drifting in a(n empty) parking lot.

I had normal tires on it the first winter, and it did okay, you could actually get it a bit sideways, but braking wasn't any better than the tires on a FWD/2WD vehicle. The winter tires make a bigger difference there, than pulling away from a stop.

That's my biggest reason for the winter rated tires. Stopping is nicer than being able to move. The way I see it, if you can't get out of your driveway, it's best you stay home. :lol:

The only thing that makes me nervous now is black ice. There isn't too much that dominates that.
I'm thankful that I don't have to deal with snow here in Central Texas … back home in Kentucky (1960's) got too much
use out of my AAA membership, even with snow tires and lead weights in my trunk :(
52 Chevrolet Styline Deluxe Sport Coupe
05 Dodge SRT-4

Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon 'til it dies Club" Member 000079

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Yeah the TL Type S does great in the snow being around 3700lbs without me in it. Turning traction control off made driving in ice and bad weather sooooo much better! Its actually worse with traction control on! Any sort of slippage and there goes your brakes! I don't want to apply my brakes when I get wheel spin! I am just used to front wheel drive Neons in snow not having any sort of aid except for ABS . Yeah I had a dedicated set of winter tires on my silver srt-4 since it was my only car and it was so much better. I went through some huge snow in that thing and never got stuck and my car was lowered quite a bit too. White car won't see that nasty stuff ever.

Texas would be nice, but I wouldn't like the summers out there. :P

Took the car to work on Wednesday and took a shot of it when I was getting off with my phone. Love the design of the german made BBS ACR wheels.

Didn't drive it yesterday so it has been sitting for amost 2 days now and there was just a little half dollar size oil under it. I gotta get that leak fixed. My exhaust is rubbing on the rear subframe area now since the new manifold sits lower like I said it puts everything lower a tad bit. So need to adjust the rubber jouncer thing. Also need to get the waste gate dump tube on there. The side on the o2 housing is so close can't get a bolt on there. Have a buddy with a AGP dumptube and he is going to give it to me for free. It was cut short which is not big deal I can get some exhaust tubing and put that on the end of it. So hopefully that works and I an get hardware in on the o2 side. Its only 2 bolts. Just have to drive about an hour to get it.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:42 pm

It reminds me of my old ACR, before I took the BBS off of it. It's a nice look. You now have more wheels for this car than I own shoes.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:19 am

@ MNSH... AWESOME ride there! Glad to hear it won't see SNOW!
My rides do, but other than our plain jane Neon,they also do FINE in the crap we get here. Even our now retired 98 Avenger (coupe) did fine with no ABS and all season tires! I drive an 04 T&C, and that thing is like a tank in even the worst of stuff. But because of it's many winter duties, I have 4 full snows for winter use...to be able to grip and pull my son and Neon out of ditches he seems to like to subject the Neon to!
BTW the little car mechanically is holding up quite well (other than loss of A/C)!
This week we're getting our first real snows, so time for the Neon and Van to get their "winter Shoes " put on!(our G6 came with snows on it)

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:16 pm

JeremyJ wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:42 pm
It reminds me of my old ACR, before I took the BBS off of it. It's a nice look. You now have more wheels for this car than I own shoes.
I have 2 sets of wheels for the SRT-4. I sold the 5zigens about 4 or 5 months ago (FINALLY). You need some more shoes! I have a ton of shoes haha.
04rebel, nor rain. Unless I get caught in a storm or something which is what happened after I bought the car in Ohio and ran into a HUGE thunderstorm in western Missouri. Might sound stupid since its just a Neon, but I want to preserve and take care of this one and do what I can to keep it real nice.

Good to hear your sons Neon is holding up well. AC is not needed IMO. Unless you live in a really hot southern state. I was fine in my 99 Neon that didn't come with factory AC. I just drove with the windows down on hot days.

Yeah the cold air just hit Kansas this morning. Last I checked it was 4 degrees with the windchill! Got like a dusting of snow too, Sun is out now so it is all melting. It was 68 on Saturday! :shock: :shock: :shock: Typical midwest weather. Yeah up north you have to deal with a lot of that nasty white cold stuff. :(

Well another bummer. Got that used AGP dump tube from my old friend in Independence, MO and it doesn't fit. When it should. AGP manifold, AGP o2, AGP turbo. I contacted AGP and they said, "It will fit, its a tight fit" :^o
Hits up against the vacuum lines and cannot bolt it down due to it rubbing and pushing up against the new 02 housing. :( So going to have to have the shop that made me a custom one make me another custom one for this setup LOL.

Thought you guys would like this. I was out in Lawrence, KS on Saturday with my fiancee and I had to snap a picture of this older lady driving a 1st gen Viper. Sounded like it had exhaust work too! So rad

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:13 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:16 pm
JeremyJ wrote:
I have 2 sets of wheels for the SRT-4. I sold the 5zigens about 4 or 5 months ago (FINALLY). You need some more shoes! I have a ton of shoes haha.
Didn't you have a set of gold RPF1s as well?

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:43 pm

JeremyJ wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:13 pm
MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:16 pm
JeremyJ wrote:
Didn't you have a set of gold RPF1s as well?
Yes I did. I sold those too a long time ago. They had old rubber on them too. The powder was already starting to flake off in some places. I think they were not prepped correctly when powdercoated. I could see it happening so I decided to get rid of them before they got worse and I couldn't sell them. The offset was bad on those which required spacers. I didn't want to run spacers. So I ran across a set of silver RPF1's that had slight curb rash in the correct offset and had those fixed, powder coated with Mopar PW1 and then clear coated. I love the white wheels but I would love for them to be a gloss gunmetal gray if I were to choose a color again and go with a smaller tire size... Not a fan of rubbing. :roll:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:54 pm

Couple weeks ago I drove about an hour to pick up a used AGP dump tube. Well I got it and tried to install it and it didn't fit worth crap. So I took my modified one to the local exhaust shop to have him bend it a bit. Brought back home and tried to install, still no dice. Marked areas that needed to be modified and paid the shop $10 to cut the flange off and reposition and weld the pipe. Got it back, no luck! Ended up hammering it a bit in places which bent the entire shape. So yeah I gave up haha. Tough to do custom exhaust work without your car being there. Luckily that same day the shop that originally did my custom one contacted me! :) Set up an appointment a couple days later and dropped the car off. Picked it up and they adjusted my exhaust so it wasn't hitting my sway bar, put spacers on my chargepipe and of course made a custom WG dump tube. Looks like it came out great. :) Drove it to work the other day and got into peak boost for the first time, car pulled great. Need to add some fuel to my tune since it was cold out and I don't like being in the upper 11's AFR at WOT.

Will address my leaking BC coilover in the Spring since I don't plan on driving it much during the winter. Got a new MPX checkvalve I am going to install and mount my oil catch can. Right now the catch can is just sitting on my cold side pipe connected. Just need to clean up some easy odds and ends too. Hopefully I don't run into any other snags. That blown turbo was one heck of a headache but it was a great learning expierence and that is what matters the most to me.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:05 pm

I'm glad you finally got it back together. That turbo rebuild turned into quite the saga.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:36 pm

Oh yeah, $1k + . I should of just bought a new kit.

Trying to sell my cracked manifold and o2 housing from my old setup. No bites on it at $240 shipped. Thinking about getting the crack welded and relisting it. Might have better luck.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:37 am

Worked on the Neon a tiny bit. Took intake off to inspect comrpessor side of turbo. Everything looks good there. Tightened a T-bolt on the discharge pipe of the turbo. Grinded down my oil catch can mounting bracket so I could mount it on my battery tray. Looks great there right under the intake :) Added the MPX billet check valve. Didn't add clamps on a couple spots since I know it wont leak boost there due to how tight it is. Put everything back together. Noticed my 02 housing is starting to turn a gold color from heat. Pretty cool!

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:55 pm

Looks good. What is that red anodized piece to the left of the battery? Looks like a flashlight.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:20 pm

JeremyJ wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:55 pm
Looks good. What is that red anodized piece to the left of the battery? Looks like a flashlight.
That's what I thought at first, then seen it was cable tied in place.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:36 pm

JeremyJ wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:55 pm
Hallman Manual Boost Controller.

Kind of funny you mentioned that. Actually just got done taking it off today. So now I have a vacuum line going from my compressor on my turbo straight to my wastegate. The MBC would bleed boost out and why my boost would go to 21 then back to 20 then back up to 21 and then back down to 20 during WOT pulls due to the bleeding mechanism it has. I monitored this with my Aeroforce Scan Gauge this past weekend. Have 20-21lbs of waste gate springs in my wastegate so I bypassed the MBC today and going to try it out without the MBC... To see if the boost is more consistant. Plan on doing another boost leak test too at some point. But it is holding 20-21lbs so it should be fine.

I am getting .5-1 KR. though. I had just added 2% fuel too. So my AFR's are right at 11.5 at WOT. So no idea if its false knock or what. Could be bad gas too? On a 93 octane tune. Car honestly doesn't feel that quick, it could just be in my head. I wonder if I am going to need to get a tune revision since I have that bigger 02 housing and no balance chain now. Might be throwing things off with the extra airflow and one less thing the crank has to turn.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:38 pm

Turns out I have 18 psi worth of springs in my WG. Car seems to pull nicely without the boost controller and the higher boost. So on 18psi right now and no knock. I plan on redoing the entire fuel system for next year and getting another tune. That is the plan anyways. Not in any rush really.

We got 8'' of snow on Sunday into Monday so the neon probably won't go out for a while due to snow and salt. Rear quarter panels don't like salt, moisture and air. Neither does the rest of the car!

I did pick up another visual exterior mod for my car from a friend. He is into the airbag scene and decided to do a custom plate mount for his 2gn SXT. So he didn't need this anymore. So I bought it:
I put black duct tape on the back of my plate so it wouldn't scratch up the CF. I also had to grind the top portion of my plate since the plate holes wouldn't line up due to the lip of the CF pushing it down.

My white Mopar frame needs to be modded too, so I just mocked it up to see what it looks like. I like it with the frame better then without.

Once it warms up I need to red out the tail lights. I believe the silver/white reverse section in the tail throws off the rear end with the CF/black PVO.

Still waiting to hear back from BC about my blown strut. They were really prompt with responding, and now I haven't heard anything in about 2 weeks now from them. :(

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:30 am

Looks good. I have the red tint for my tails, but I haven't done it yet. I've been too lazy. That and I want to order new gaskets before I remove the stock ones.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:28 pm

Thanks, I think so too.
Got the plate frame modified so it will fit.
Been eyeing a set of OZ Alleggerita HLT's in either red or gray. Tire rack has them but they are $1515 for all 4. :( Hope they go on clearance at some point haha. Or I can find someone who can get them cheaper. They are right at 16lbs a wheel 17x8 et35. Very very tempting. Kind of always wanted red wheels on my white car. Man they would pop!
Don't hate me for this...But I ordered some aftermarket tail lights for my car. I honestly don't see many people run them anymore so I was a bit intrigued. Not saying I plan on running that look. I can easily take them off. The price was too good to pass up. They are usually around $100 on ebay. A guy had 3 sets and had 1 set left at $45 shipped. So I ordered them. I can always sell them if I don't like them and pretty much get my money back. I think a couple guys have modified them too... curious what they will look like with all the CF I have going on in the rear.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:20 pm

Even the "rear view" of your ride looks AWESOME! And I think those tail lights would look just right for anyone but a "purist".
If our plain jane 04 were in better body shape and son CARED about his ride...I'd get them if put up for sale. BUT alas he thinks it should be cared for like a "play" room couch!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:04 pm

Happy New Year to you too! Yeah the rear on the 2gn Neons is probably the ugliest part of the car. It really is simple and very very plain. Which isn't bad, I am just trying a couple different things to spice up the rear a little since that is what cars usually see anyway :P :P. I can always revert back to stock. :) Sounds like your son isn't much of a car enthusiast or just doesn't care? When I was a teenager I kept my cars pretty clean inside and out even if I didn't like the car too much. (88 chrysler Fifth Avenue)

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:43 am

Yeah, He just wants "wheels to go". Won't even LOOK at tires to see if they have air in them or FLAT...Forget checking oil or other fluids. just put in the GAS is all!
AND the reason I keep cobbling the car back together...He has not shown how to care for anything better(newer) by his use of the little red Neon!
HAPPY NEW YEARS DAY!

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:00 pm

Typical teenager who is not a car person :( it sounds like.^

Well I got my "altezza" style tail lights from eBay and put them in. The gasket is really crappy compared to the OEM gasket. There is quite a bit of a gap on the passenger one that has all the plastic pin tabs. One was broke on the drivers side one. This actually helped to get rid of the gap since I could move it up some. So I plan on breaking the other "pin tab" on the passenger one so I can maneuver it up some.
Not too sure on the tail lights. What do you guys think? I am leaning towards OEM. These kind of add a bit of "flare" to the rear a bit. But maybe a bit too much. You can see that oil spot from my leaky coilver on the passenger rear :( Luckily, I don't think I mentioned before... BC sent me a new strut cartridge FREE OF CHARGE! Even though I had them on over a year. I provided documentation that I was the original owner of the struts and said I didn't have many miles on them.

I drove my Neon to work a couple days ago and I drive by a weight station every day on my way home on the interstate. I noticed the scale is sometimes off or on. Lately it has been on. Not sure how accurate it is due to dealing with tractor trailers and huge weights. But with my thin butt in there it was 3000lbs. 3/4 tank of gas. No spare tire and no trunk carpet. Other than that full interior. Also had my lunch cooler and stainless jug. Cool to get an idea how much it weighs. :)

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:44 pm

The tails kind of tie in the CF pieces. I like them as far as that goes.

Those reverse lights should be an upgrade over the stock ones, especially if you put some decent LED bulbs in there.
Cool to get an idea how much it weighs.
I think it's cool they weighed it, and didn't just usher you on your way.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:38 am

I do like the way they tie in the carbon pieces. I don't like how cheap they look compared to the OEM tails. It's kind of a toss-up.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:30 pm

OEM quality is tough to get with those sort of aftermarket pieces, especially for the cost. Making it look good is one thing, (design excluded here) but to have it still look good 5 years down the road is another. Granted, the neon's oem headlights were nothing to brag about, but aftermarket isn't any better for yellowing lenses. Aftermarket tails with clear covers do seem to hold up better though. Not sure why, or what the plastic difference is. Maybe it is the light from the headlights that are doing the actual degrading.

I will say the Depots on my '99 have done far better than the Depots on my '01.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:39 pm

JeremyJ wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:38 am
I do like the way they tie in the carbon pieces. I don't like how cheap they look compared to the OEM tails. It's kind of a toss-up.
Agreed. They tie in better with cf pieces. I am still tossing around the idea of getting rid of the CF PVO alltogether :/ Some days I like it, and love it, but some days I think it looks out of place. There are a lot of high end sports cars I see with a CF lip spoiler on white cars factory. So that makes me feel better about it. I just wish it was colormatched. But seems stupid to do on a CF piece.
OEM quality is tough to get with those sort of aftermarket pieces, especially for the cost. Making it look good is one thing, (design excluded here) but to have it still look good 5 years down the road is another. Granted, the neon's oem headlights were nothing to brag about, but aftermarket isn't any better for yellowing lenses. Aftermarket tails with clear covers do seem to hold up better though. Not sure why, or what the plastic difference is. Maybe it is the light from the headlights that are doing the actual degrading.

I will say the Depots on my '99 have done far better than the Depots on my '01.
Oh yeah, the factory tail lights fit perfect. There is a slight gap on the Altezza ones. But I made it less noticeable with some adjustment.

I am guessing it is due to the clear plastic is why they haze over on the headlights? I mean even on my TL, they started to haze and I had to do the DIY polish kit to clear them up again. You are probably right about the actual light doing the degrading on the lense of the headlight. A lot of heat especially with a halogen bulb. And the angle of the headlight as opposed to the tail lights. So more sun exposure. Plus another factor is just fallout in general. When you are driving on the interstate/road or whatever your front end gets all sorts of fallout hitting it.

Weather has been crap out here still. I really hate midwest winters. They are so depressing.

I did order custom tags for the car since Kansas changes their vanity plates every 5 years. The old style was bright yellow with a sunflower in the background. Was not a fan so never got vanity plates. This Style went in affect as of January 21st.
Image Love the white lettering and the darker yellow to orange.
I got a funny plate... They said it only takes 1 week to get it in the mail. I will post it on here when I get it.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:56 pm

WOW! those rear lights look SOOOO GOOOOD on your ride! ENJOY it well when good weather comes around there!

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:12 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:39 pm
. I am still tossing around the idea of getting rid of the CF PVO alltogether :/ Some days I like it, and love it, but some days I think it looks out of place. I just wish it was colormatched. But seems stupid to do on a CF piece.
It might look more in place if it didn't have the cutout for the third brake light.

Modern sells a trunk lid that has it all molded in, but that is significantly more coin. It would not have the contrast, because the entire trunk lid is CF. But it could be painted, leaving the CF showing where you wanted it, making the third brake light area flow better. But again, much more co$t.

I am not sure I want to do the Hammerhead spoiler again on mine, or just go with the cleaner look of no spoiler, or a PVO type spoiler. If I went PVO, it would be the one piece lid, but man, it is a lot of $$$.

The bitch is one can't wait too long to decide, as the market for neon related stuff isn't going to last forever.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:15 pm

Not only that, but Carbon By Design (who makes the trunklids) doesn't do automotive parts anymore. They kept a few molds around for Modern Performance because they sold so much of their stuff. I don't see that lasting very long, honestly.

Return to “Progress/Project Log”