MyNeonSaysHi Mod Log: Stone White

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

MyNeonSaysHi Mod Log: Stone White

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:47 am

Most recent picts as of April 24th 08

Maintenance Schedule:
Timing belt/Tensioner/Waterpump
DONE 1/7/09
Last edited by MyNeonSaysHi on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:47 am, edited 79 times in total.

NeonOn19s
2GN Member

Post by NeonOn19s » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:02 pm

cool can't wait to see it come along
| Nathan |

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon til it Dies" Club Member # 72
Semper Fi!!! USMC

01WhiteNe0n
2GN Member

Post by 01WhiteNe0n » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:15 am

Can't wait to see em
Moddin on A budget

2001 White Neon - Sold 4/14/08
2000 Ford Mustang Gt w/46k
2001 Black Neon R/t

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:03 pm

I am starting to get sick of the wheel gap.... Wasn't bothering me before but, having no wing it really is noticeable sometimes... I think this spring it will go through some smaller wheel gap modifications with a nice strut/spring setup. :headbang:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:06 pm

OOOOOORRRR, with a nice coilover like setup :twisted: (that's what I'd do, only the best for the best :lol:)

And holy over-exposure batman!
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:16 pm

I just snap my picts. Blah. :P Hmmmm, with coilovers I can manually adjust the height correct? So say winter is coming around and I want to raise it a few inches. Possible? Then get it re-alligned of course.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:21 pm

yes ;) :thumbup:
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:12 pm

Now all I need is a $1000. Maybe its time to sign up for Quintiles! :rofl:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:22 pm

Well I did the Charge Pipe MOD. Cut off the bottleneck. Ordered a 6 inch 2'' - 2.5'' reducer and two t-bolt clamps. Tightened it down very well on the lower portion and had it loose up top. Wormed my arms around to the lower portion of the turbo and shoved that SOB on to it. Fit like a glove! Tightened the top t-bolt nice and tight. Went for a run and it feels like my car pulls a tad bit better.

No more dent and more flow. I will get picts of my charge pipe and the dent it had in it.

Today I totally forgot about a vac line I had put back on from the Charge Pipe MOD install. I forgot to ziptie it! So I took off my AEM SRI. PITA by the way. Worse intake to take on and off as opposed to my K&N I had before. Zip tied the line and looked around at my vac lines to make sure they were all doing good. Very messy but I know where they all go. :lol: I then saw my UPP and decided to take off the portion going to the TB to see how nasty it was. Wasn't too bad. I guess it only gets nasty towards the bottom and I felt too lazy to take the entire thing off. While I had the top portion off I was like WTH, I have a perfect size t-bolt to replace that worm clamp. So I put that on there and muscled that damn pipe back on to the TB. Was that a PITA and a half. Took me forever to get it back on the damn TB. Finally got it on there after 30 minutes or so. :shock: Tightened it nice and tight.

t-bolt clamps are hard to tell how tight they are on. Seems easy to over tighten em. I still had good ratcheting action left that didn't seem too tight... But feeling around the pipe it was indeed on very very tight.

I got my Stage 2 WGA in the mail today for $45 shipped. Looks almost brand new. He said he only had it on his car for 500 miles and then he went big turbo with a external WGA. I might put it on this week, but I am not sure if I want to mess with it just yet. Not fun having the heatshield off and driving around like a madman and adjusting the screw on the WGA arm to get the perfect spike. I hear poeple putting them on their cars and they spike like 20 psi and it takes like a good couple days for the computer to lower the boost back to stock or a bit more. I basically got it so I can hold more boost til redline and maybe gain a couple during WOT.

My next step is to take off my AGP EVM and just have the stock surge valve on there. I might put it back on with the right stuff...

I emailed Permatex about my application and they said Form-a-gasket would be better than the copper permatex I used before...

I just don't want any leaks coming from there and I don't want to lose boost because of the spring in the surge valve.

Well thats the end of my rant and thoughts for the day. Bye now.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:28 am

Wow. :shock:

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:56 am

kc2002acr wrote:Wow. :shock:
t lately I been thinking about my car 24/7. Some dude tried to scam me on SRTforums. Or I thought he did. :lol: He is finally shipping out my Exhaust Depot Side Exit Exhaust. But I am keeping my PayPAl claim open in case he is shipping a bunch of rocks. He got upset with me so I am curious what kind of shape its going to be in...

I got my winter tires on. Bit smaller than my all seasonals. 205 as opposed to the 215. They ride VERY smooth.

Getting used to my solid motormounts that Andrew basically installed for me. You can hear the clutch engaging and disengaging. Its like a machine. But its not bad like people say it is. Cough Moxhair Cough. :D

I got another email from Permatex after I showed the pictures of what I was putting on, and now they say it is fine. I just didn't apply it right and didn't let it cure. :slap:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:37 am

Got my exhaust setup last week finally. The seller was being a duesch and telling me lies. Well thats the past and I finally got it.

Sweet packing material.... Found some cheetos , some dirty napkins amongst other random things.

Packing peanuts at the very bottom. All the bolts,nuts,and washers were spread out on the bottom, had to go treasure hunting, and this is what I found:

Got in contact with the seller and he said I need a couple more washers. I was advised to get new hardware, because the stock bolts tend to break when you are taking them off of the turbo manifold and you need to re-use them for that portion of the 02 housing. So I am getting everything situated away before the install.

-------------------------------------------------------
Exhaust Depot Side Exit Exhaust
Features:
Maxxfab 3'' 02 housing, resonator, and extra bung thats currently plugged for wideband.

Messing around and hooked it up to the downpipe.

Not sure when I will do the install due to the frigid 20 degree temps with ice and snow everywhere.

Will get picts of the install and a sound clip once it all goes on.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:32 pm

Wheeeeeeee!!! Can't wait for this one!

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:21 pm

when you install it, you'll be able to melt snow with the fireballs out the side of your car

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Getting used to my solid motormounts that Andrew basically installed for me. You can hear the clutch engaging and disengaging. Its like a machine. But its not bad like people say it is. Cough Moxhair Cough. :D
I don't like hearing my keys jingle or the change in my cupholder rattle.
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:14 am

MoxHair wrote:when you install it, you'll be able to melt snow with the fireballs out the side of your car

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
I don't like hearing my keys jingle or the change in my cupholder rattle.
You only need one key to start the car :wink:, and to tell you the truth they never jingle, only upon start up. It might change once the exhaust goes on.

Yes, fireballs! :twisted:
Wheeeeeeee!!! Can't wait for this one!
Me neither, can't believe I got an exhaust system for the most part. It was either that or save up for coilovers. BC coilovers will eventually come.... :twisted: Finals are this week, then its time to find a second job. Probably Autozone, they are building one here in Gardner. almost complete too.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:17 am

turn on your a/c and watch how much everything rattles :)
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:15 pm

:withstupid: wait for the summer.

altho i don't notice it as much when the compressor clutch engages for the defrost, when i cut on the A/C everything vibrates a bit. change in the change slot is a no-go now lol.

Dude, eff that snow and ice and it's cold shit. go put that exhaust on and take a pic of a foot long flame.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:45 pm

Its all on. :D

Said screw it and had a local garage put it on CHEAP. Took the dude 4 and a half hours to put it on. (I waited the ENTIRE time and watched "300" almost two times. I also read the magazines they had in between.) He had tons of problems with the lower heatshield. I brought in a picture of the PTP modded heatshield and he custom cut it to look just like it so it would fit my 3'' 02 housing. Only charged me 1 and a half hours of labor. :rockon:

Car sounds like a turbo diesel I shit you not. :lol:

Heres the stock system if anyone was curious what it looks like:

Now I got to do something about this:
Cut-outs with no filling.
Either going to roll it... Or think of a way to fill it in with something colormatched or black...

Got my Mopar steering wheel emblem from showparts.net. I thought the M was going to be Blue, but its silver! Matches my front badge perfectly!

:D

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:05 pm

oh you double bastard!!!! you took the easy way out lol. i can't tell in the pics, is that tip polished or just raw steel? is there a drone going down the highway with the windows down? also, in the pic from the front, looks like there's a clamp hanging down, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Why'd he have to mod the lower heat shield? my maxxfab 3" o2 instructions says removing the heat shields isn't necessary for install.

oh yeah, what do you think of that "compression" style coupling on the stock downpipe? why didn't they just put a flex-pipe in there somewhere lol.

ahh just think how much lower to the ground that tip is going to be with springs.

2001rt32
2GN Member

Post by 2001rt32 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:41 pm

i love the side exhaust! :lol: i just put myn back on, and i love you car clean and simple!
if you were feeling really confident you could cut the rear bumper to get rid of the cut outs like i did on my r/t, i think it looks sick.

03blackrt
2GN Member

Post by 03blackrt » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:52 pm

Yummy! :thumbup:

Fireballs FTW!

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:09 pm

roll da bumpa
2017 Subaru WRX STI

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:35 am

Wenuden wrote:oh you double bastard!!!! you took the easy way out lol. i can't tell in the pics, is that tip polished or just raw steel? is there a drone going down the highway with the windows down? also, in the pic from the front, looks like there's a clamp hanging down, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Why'd he have to mod the lower heat shield? my maxxfab 3" o2 instructions says removing the heat shields isn't necessary for install.

oh yeah, what do you think of that "compression" style coupling on the stock downpipe? why didn't they just put a flex-pipe in there somewhere lol.

ahh just think how much lower to the ground that tip is going to be with springs.
Its polished. See pictures of it before install towards the top of the thread. :D

No drone driving around town. Wasn't warm enough to have the windows down on the highway. I believe the resonator takes care of the droning so I been told. It sounds great! Its pretty loud but not THAT loud. On the highway in cruise speeds its not loud at all. Sounds like I still have my stock exhaust on when on the highway. In town its different. Can really hear it when you are accelerating. A lot of crisp popping noise when you let off. Took a co-worker for a ride after work and it feels like it pulls a bit harder. Only one WOT run from 30-90. I will get a video of what it sounds in the car and out the car. :thumbup:

The clamp being there is normal. It was just the angle it was at. The old dude that installed it is ASE certified and has over $40,000 in tools. :shock: His Snap-On box was a $10k unit. He had like 8 smoke breaks during the install. :lol:

Well it turns out I do not have a Maxxfab 02 housing according to Scott@Maxxfab. I was asking questions and he saw the picts... I think its a MPX or PTP, looks like one or the other. As for taking the lower heatshield off... He had to according to him. :lol:

Here is what the PTP modified lower housing looks like.

I don't understand why dodge didn't put a flexpipe there either... :slap:

When you roll the rear bumper and you decide to go back, will it go back in place?

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:59 pm

Short video of what it sounds like. Sound quality isn't too well since it sounds like a damn turbo diesel in person. :D

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:42 am

Yes the Bumper will go back in place. After to take off the zip ties, it will want to stay, but over a couple days it will go back.
2017 Subaru WRX STI

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:49 am

Well the rear bumper got rick rolld the other day. Looks nice.

Kansas weather is driving me nuts. It got up to mid 50's and now its sleeting and going to snow 3-4 inches this afternoon. :wtf:

I tried to shoot fire before work in the parking lot last night. No success. :(

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:55 am

I do not miss that sound at all. way to loud.
2017 Subaru WRX STI

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:02 pm

You see that video Mox, inside my car? No keys shaking! :P

Oh yeah, it does start to drone a bit once you hit 80MPH..

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:39 pm

Turn the A/C on and watch 'em shake. The Whole Car Rattles when the A/C is on.
2017 Subaru WRX STI

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:51 pm

Ohhh side exit....Be still my heart.

I'm getting a 98 coupe tomorrow. I'm gonna have 2 exhaust setups:

Quiet and Loud side exit.

Return to “Progress/Project Log”