MyNeonSaysHi Mod Log: Stone White

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:28 pm

kc2002acr wrote:2billion hp. :D

Cant wait to dig into the SRT4 again :D
:lol:

I will bring a bunch of my tools over that we will need.

Dude theres a guy in Gladstone that is selling his SRT-4 rims for $200 OBO. He sent me picts and I called him up and offered him $130... He might take it if the other offers don't pan out. Rims are in great shape and have rubber on em. Not sure what kind of shape but still!

I am nuts. :slap:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:12 pm

POST PICTORS!

SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

JRM
2GN Member

Post by JRM » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:54 am

kc2002acr wrote:POST PICTORS!

:withstupid:
06 Ford F150 Stock truck 23x,xxx miles and running strong
05 Chevy Equinox Wifey's

Official I sold my Neon Member #482

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:46 am

No, car is dirty. :lol: Plus I don't want to wash it because of my boot being broke. Don't want water getting in thuuur/

Pass axel boot tore a bit open so I have to either replace the pass. axel or the axel boot. Whatever is cheaper of course.

Car is low. I might lower it a bit more since I have unlimited 3 year alignments. :thumbup: But I think the stance is perfect.

I need to pick up a set of rear camber bolts for the top of the rear strut clevis bracket so they can do the rear camber a bit better.

Thanks again for the help Andrew!

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:11 am

no problemo! hey - instead of camber bolts, why not just do camber plate sin the back? :lol:

Also, about the axel boot, sorry :( And I would just replace the whole axel... I talked to my tranny guy and he said that it is just as much labor replacing the boot as it is to replace the axel, it not more... and most places dont even sell JUST the boot... I know I could not find one... and Dealer wanted to charge as much as a new axel for just replacing the boot.

reason to upgrade to strong axels if ya ask me :lol:
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:07 am

:lol: Its all good. I ordered a OEM Mopar one from MPX. Install seems pretty simple actually. But theres a cool guy here in town that will only charge me 65 bucks for labor. I will probably go that route too. As for stronger axels...Ughhh I don't think so. Stock ones are fine. Its the 03 SRT models that had a weaker one. I don't plan on pushing much more power. Camber plates are way too much. I was told by several guys on SRTforums that I don't even need camber bolts on the rear. Thats why I didn't get them in the first place.

I am glad I got that 3 year alignment agreement cheap. so I cna mess with the height all I want and get it aligned for free anytime.

I think I might actually wash and wax my car today and take picts before work. I will keep the water away from that boot in the process.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:14 am

Put my new CTI Chargepipe on the other day and did a boost leak test with a buddy and fixed em! No more leaks! Got the axle installed today and did 1 WOT run. Holy crap, car pulls hard! Can't wait to get my heatshield, wires, plugs and Stage 2 WGA on and tuned!

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:29 pm

*Sigh*

A ton of news with my Neon mod log:

New CTI chargepipe is on:
Did a boost leak test, no more leaks!
Pict of my old chargepipe with dent once again. :lol:

Installed my NGK V-power plugs at .036. Then went to install my Granatelli wires... Well they didn't want to latch onto the spark plug. I tried for 30 minutes. No success. :(

I waited to buy those wires because they were having problems of them fitting on the NGK plugs. Then I remember MPX guy on SRTforums said they fixed the problem. Well aparantley they didn't. So I called up MPX and the kid said they just found out the other day about this problem. :shock: :wtf: I thought they fixed it!?!? I was really upset. He asked if I wanted them to send me another set. What a retard. Why would I want another set of the Granatelli if they obviously don't fit on my damn plugs. I even tried putting them on my old champs and they didn't even click with them off the car! Total BS. So he offered to trade em for some MSD wires. So I am waiting for a prepaid box so I can send out my Granatelli and then they will ship out my MSD wires. No shipping costs to me which kept me calm...

The V-powers are great. Car runs a ton smoother. :thumbup:

Decided to install my Stage 2 WGA. No luck with that either. I have tried multiple times but I keep boostin past 20 psi.

http://www.srtconnection.com/forums/sho ... php?t=3984
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f24/adj ... ost5650078
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f221/st ... -a-211631/
First link being a thread I made about it. I tried adjusting the preload and having more threads. But no success. Maybe its a waiting game IDK. But its been a PITA with no success.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Nutmeg
2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:02 pm

About the wires, I thought I read on SRT forums about putting the plug boot in boiling water or something like that, so the they could connect. I'll go look again and see what I can find.

EDIT: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f24/gra ... es-416131/

Check that out, but it looks like you've posted there a few times...so I don't know what else you can do other than sending them back.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:24 pm

Yeah I did... I got the straight boot wires too, which were the supposed fix... I could hack them down a fit with a razor, but whats the point in that? Thats ghetto.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:55 pm

Haven't updated in a while. But I got my foglight bezels paitned, they didn't turn out too well, but its hardly noticeable on the car. I plan on redoing them right, once it warms up.

Traded the Granatelli's straight up for some MSD's. Well you know what, the MSD's didn't fit either. :( So I ended up selling them on SRT forums. I got a set of Duralast 7mm wires, the fit perfectly. $30 and they have a lifetime warranty. So they ever go bad I get a new set free at Autozone. Car runs good with them too. [borat]Very nice![/end borat]

I plan on painting my stockers a silverosh or grayish color. I made a thread about it in the Wheels section. Input would be great.

Getting the car dynod this Sunday. (3/30/08)

I found my stock intake system and realized I have EVERYTHING for it including the filter. After the dyno I plan on hooking it back up and selling my AEM SRI. Why you might ask? Well the stock intake is a great intake so I have learned. The AEM is a polished aluminum and will radiate heat more I believe. Plus the filter sits in a weird location, doesn't untilize the hole thats in the fender. I might keep on rocking the stock system after I sell the AEM SRI, or I will use that money for a Injen SRI, since the filter is farther away from the engine and is located right over the hole where the stock airbox brings in air.

I am also planning on sanding and painting all the yellow caps black in my engine bay. (Engine dipstick handle, powersteering cap etc) They look like ass otherwise.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:48 pm

Highest: 256.45hp 279.53 tqImage

Air fuel curves if anyone can analyze them:

Stage 2 WGA was weird, he said it went up to 19 for a fraction of a second then went down to 14 and went back up to 16, then went down to 14/13 by redline.

Overall I am happy with the numbers. :D

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:30 am

nice man, nice! btw, what was the baseline dyno again???

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:23 am

kc2002acr wrote:nice man, nice! btw, what was the baseline dyno again???
220.52hp 232.20tq

As you can see in the graph I make peak power around 4200rpms then it goes down then up by redline. I need to mess with the WGA a bit so I hold that power. That explains why my WGA goes down then up.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:31 am

I need to see the entire graph to really figure out the afr's, but it looks like you're running a bit lean (not really lean, but not rich enough) from 4500 to redline. The power/torque graph looks strange compared to most of the srt dyno sheets I've seen. Mike from bwoody was telling me that 12.3-12.5 is about as high as you wanna go at wot on an srt, I can't tell where you're at cause the left side of the graph is cut off.

Put the agp wga on, dude. Youll get rid of that wierd boost spike/drop/spike deal. What are your plugs gapped at?

With your mods, I was expecting more like 280hp and over 300tq. You're only a big fmic and return line/fuel tuning away from the 300hp sticky on srtforums, maybe a couple other small things.

It might be time for some fuel tuning, man.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:10 pm

Wenuden wrote:I need to see the entire graph to really figure out the afr's, but it looks like you're running a bit lean (not really lean, but not rich enough) from 4500 to redline. The power/torque graph looks strange compared to most of the srt dyno sheets I've seen. Mike from bwoody was telling me that 12.3-12.5 is about as high as you wanna go at wot on an srt, I can't tell where you're at cause the left side of the graph is cut off.

Put the agp wga on, dude. Youll get rid of that wierd boost spike/drop/spike deal. What are your plugs gapped at?

With your mods, I was expecting more like 280hp and over 300tq. You're only a big fmic and return line/fuel tuning away from the 300hp sticky on srtforums, maybe a couple other small things.

It might be time for some fuel tuning, man.
Right on.

I will email Modified by KC and see if they can send me my dyno pict.

There was another 04 SRT-4 with only 22k miles.
His mods were:
Stage 1
Mopar CAI
Greddy BOV and UPP (Not really a performance mod but it might factor in)
Turboback exhaust not sure if he had an 02 housing or not
AGP WGA with vac line mod, NO ECU controlled boost
He said he had the reg Champions gapped at .035 which is what I have my NGK's at.
Both running 91 octane. (highest we have out here)
Yes I filmed him and not my own car. lol

He dynod 258/280.

Then again, there was YET another silver SRT-4 that went up there on Saturday and he dynod 280/ 315 I will find out what his mods are but they are pretty similar I believe...

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:40 pm

what's the altitude where you are? I'm assuming close to sea level?

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:37 pm

A little above sea level.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:45 am

uuuuh, actually, it is at 900 to 1000 ft above sea level :lol:

Sorry, I am a Social Studies Major :lol: I had to correct you guys.

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:51 am

kc2002acr wrote:uuuuh, actually, it is at 900 to 1000 ft above sea level :lol:

Lets be glad English teachers don't correct our threads :rofl:

Looks like you got some good numbers there! And that you had a lot of fun doing the dyno.
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:15 pm

hansken_yo wrote:
kc2002acr wrote:uuuuh, actually, it is at 900 to 1000 ft above sea level :lol:

Lets be glad English teachers don't correct our threads :rofl:

Looks like you got some good numbers there! And that you had a lot of fun doing the dyno.
Damn I didn't know we were that high up. :shock:

Yeah it was a blast! I wish more 2gn members could of made it. So many cars go dynod! I love all cars pretty much and to watch them go all out on the dyno and see the numbers is great. KcSubaru club was out there, really hot STi's. :thumbup:

Anyways, I have money coming in from the govt for taxes, plus I sold a bunch of stuff from my car. ( AEM Intake, SRT struts) I am working more hours at my second job and I will be left with a nice cushion still to make car payments, insurance etc. So I think I am going to finish off the exterior of the car and get some rims...

Why rims? I thought you were just going to paint the stockers you might ask.

Well.... I honestly don't like the design of the SRT rims. The spoke pattern is okay. It just doesn't flow well with the car, specially when its lowered and black. 17x6 isn't too appetizing either. Very skinny. Not fun having to switch out tires once winter goes aorund specially on low pro's. So I will just purchase rims and throw my Kumho Ecstas on there. Then I can have my black SRT-4 rims for winter time with my nice winter tread.

So my plans are to get some 17x7 or maybe 8. This will just about complete the look of my car.

Colors I am considering

-Flat Silver
-Grey
-Gunmetal
-Hyperblack
-Hypersilver
-Silver gloss

Spoke design

-5 spoke (Fatter the better)
-6 spoke
-Maybe multi spoke similar to the BBS ACR rim

-------------------------------------------------------------

:twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by MyNeonSaysHi on Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:59 am

I like the first ones posted, the six spokes. They are simple and clean, but will add that nice touch.
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

dodge_girl
2GN Member

Post by dodge_girl » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:41 pm

i like 1, 3 and 6 the best
-Jen- Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000017
josie590 wrote:looks like your gona be known in my books as the mopar princess lol
fuzzyneon wrote: WE ARE NOTHING WITHOUT YOU!

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:09 pm

More wheels added on post 81. :)

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

KrackstaR
Former Moderator

Post by KrackstaR » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:08 pm

please for the love of god no excel wheels nor the nex-o wheels.
Bella Lugrossi wrote: there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. ;)

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:42 pm

KrackstaR wrote:please for the love of god no excel wheels nor the nex-o wheels.
Ohhhh yeahhhh....... those are the ones that bend easily correct?

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

03blackrt
2GN Member

Post by 03blackrt » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:44 pm

I say ASA JH8 :thumbup:

Nothing beats a five spoke!

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:18 pm

03blackrt wrote:I say ASA JH8 :thumbup:

Nothing beats a five spoke!
Yup, my thoughts exactly. Specially with a lip. *drool* Those have been catching my eye too.. :thumbup:

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:49 pm

Shit $100 for a rim? That's crazy cheap. I like every single one you posted. We must have very similar rim taste.
FEEDBACK
Adionik wrote:On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.

Nutmeg
2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:32 am

hansken_yo wrote:I like the first ones posted, the six spokes. They are simple and clean, but will add that nice touch.
:withstupid:

Return to “Progress/Project Log”