MyNeonSaysHi Mod Log: Stone White

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:46 pm

As far as your HIDS go, switch the wire you are using for the power wire. Theres a purple and a red, one is high beams one is low beams, just pull the plug and play pin out of whichever you have it in, and move it to the opposite side. Then you'll have them all on at the same time and won't have to stare at that godawful High-beam light on your cluster.

Your exhaust sounds really good, nothing like what I would expect from a mufflered SRT. It just seems like a quieter version of stock, I kinda like it. I'd never run a muffler on mine personally, my SEE is quiet as hell no need. :)

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:39 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:As far as your HIDS go, switch the wire you are using for the power wire. Theres a purple and a red, one is high beams one is low beams, just pull the plug and play pin out of whichever you have it in, and move it to the opposite side. Then you'll have them all on at the same time and won't have to stare at that godawful High-beam light on your cluster.
I got that fixed already. BRR sent me out a corrected harness so I don't have to turn on my brights to turn on the headlights. Besides if it wasn't fixed how would I have my fogs on with my brights?

Your exhaust sounds really good, nothing like what I would expect from a mufflered SRT. It just seems like a quieter version of stock, I kinda like it. I'd never run a muffler on mine personally, my SEE is quiet as hell no need. :)
A SEE quiet.... :rofl:

Oh and john, I don't know dude its pretty intense/bright. Not sure I can handle it. :D

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:10 am

With the lights OFF silly goose.
FEEDBACK
Adionik wrote:On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:42 pm

Yes my side exit is quiet. Driving down the highway while inside the car you can't hear it hardly at all. Theres a slight grumble. Its not nearly as loud as all the other SEEs that I've heard. Custom made 3" with two HUGE resonators that are both over 12" long. I can take video if you don't believe me LOL.

Ahhh and I didn't read where you had said that you corrected the issue for the headlights yet. Sorry bout that.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:43 pm

Its all good. Yeah, those resonators must be HUGE. I had 3'' 02 housing 3'' piping with a single resonator and damn it sounded like a dumptruck. I think I have video on the first page or 2.

I will get picts for yah john.

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:50 pm

I can measure them at some point, but one is over two feet long, the other is 16" at least...long. 3" O2 and 3" piping here too :) I didn't want it to sound like a dump truck. Dump trucks are too loud LOL.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:20 am

Haven't updated in a while..
Cleaned up the engine bay a bit. Got some Eagle One etching mag cleaner and cleaned up the intake manifold. Nach0_SRT painted my injector cover this unique grayish color that he used on his mailbox. :lol: Looks sick though. I finished it off and painted the letters silver. I also painted the engine dipstick,washerfluid,coolant overflow, brake fluid, and power steering caps a flat black. Got tired of that yellow crap that looks horrible when it gets dirty. We got rid of my battery blanket. Just cut out the sensor and plugged it in. We also repainted my battery tray a gloss black.

This past weekend we got my car aligned using my 3 year deal at NTB. Got a sick alignment setup curtosy of Mr. Nacho. Car is like night and day handling wise. I love it! :headbang:

Got my oil checked out via Blackstone labortories and it came out great.
Bad picture but you can kind of see whats going on:
The most important thing that got done to the car was...

I paid it off today!

Did a 3 year loan in a little over a year. Saved a ton of money in interest!

JRM
2GN Member

Post by JRM » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:28 am

Congrats on the payoff!
06 Ford F150 Stock truck 23x,xxx miles and running strong
05 Chevy Equinox Wifey's

Official I sold my Neon Member #482

kc2005ptgt
Former Moderator

Post by kc2005ptgt » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:03 am

WOW!! Nice job, feels good huh? What did you use on your dipstick, etc, etc..? I want to paint all my yellow crap black as well since I have the engine torn apart :lol: And how did ya do it?
SOLD 5/13- 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible | 2.4L Turbo HO | Bright Silver Metallic
SOLD 7/09- 2002 Dodge Neon ACR | Flame Red
The Offical: Sold My Neon Even Though I Swore I Never Would Club | Member #777

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Thanks guys. It does feel pretty good!

As for painting those items. I bought a can of adhesion promoter primer at Advanced Auto. Its made by duplicolor and its made for plastics. I sanded it doen a bit with 350 grit. And had some flat black wheel paint by duplicolor that I got with the black SRT-4 rims I got in Manhattan. 2 coats of primer 3 minute wait in between. Then waited 5 minutes and put 2 light coats. Came out great, no runs no nothin.

My next major mod will be new tires. Gonna wait until next spring for that though. Not sure on what size but I am thinking of 225/45/17. I was tempted to get a set at NTB, they had some 225/45's on display and they were on sale, buy 3 get 1 free. $132 each. Yokohoma Asd4 something. But I shall wait.

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:16 pm

How are the ppl at NTB? Do they know how to deal with lowered cars? Obviously it varies by location. How much is it for 3 year unlimited? Congrats on the payoff.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:26 pm

glasswars wrote:How are the ppl at NTB? Do they know how to deal with lowered cars? Obviously it varies by location. How much is it for 3 year unlimited? Congrats on the payoff.
Well the one I go to is awesome. They are really friendly and they are younger. So its not a bunch of old farts that hate modified cars. I got the 3 year agreement for $120 with tax, since I knew a guy up there who doesn't work there anymore. There are other NTB's where the guys are pricks. ITs all about finding the right one I guess.

Their alignment racks are in the ground too. So no problem for ANY lowered vehicle.

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:37 pm

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
glasswars wrote:How are the ppl at NTB? Do they know how to deal with lowered cars? Obviously it varies by location. How much is it for 3 year unlimited? Congrats on the payoff.
Well the one I go to is awesome. They are really friendly and they are younger. So its not a bunch of old farts that hate modified cars. I got the 3 year agreement for $120 with tax, since I knew a guy up there who doesn't work there anymore. There are other NTB's where the guys are pricks. ITs all about finding the right one I guess.

Their alignment racks are in the ground too. So no problem for ANY lowered vehicle.
Yeah the one here is pretty cool too, they have no problem with my car on coils / bigger rims. They are really fast too- like an hour for the whole job. The only thing I've ever raised an eyebrow about with them is how they got my locking lug nuts off... I forgot that they locked, and I didn't have the key, but when I got back they did the alignment with no problems.
FEEDBACK
Adionik wrote:On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:28 am

Wheels don;t come off when they are doing the alignment.

Would be a good idea to get the tool for it man. You get a flat on the side of the road, whatcha gonna do? :lol:

Speaking of the "tuner lugnuts" My car also has those, well pretty much any aftermarket wheel has em. Well my tool got stripped to hell because it sucks ass. So lucky I had another tool that I bought thinking I had lost my original tool for the lugs and a good friend to drive me back home to get that tool. Thanks AJ. :wink:

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:18 am

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:Wheels don;t come off when they are doing the alignment.

Would be a good idea to get the tool for it man. You get a flat on the side of the road, whatcha gonna do? :lol:

Speaking of the "tuner lugnuts" My car also has those, well pretty much any aftermarket wheel has em. Well my tool got stripped to hell because it sucks ass. So lucky I had another tool that I bought thinking I had lost my original tool for the lugs and a good friend to drive me back home to get that tool. Thanks AJ. :wink:
Oh, I thought they needed access to the area behind the wheel. I seem to have been mistaken. What tool are you talking about?
FEEDBACK

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:13 pm

Well you can't take the wheel off when the alignment is going on because there are snesors on all for rims. As for the tool I am talking about the tool/key for the tuner lugnuts.

On another subject I am thinking about swapping my SRT-4 front for a 02 R/T front straight up. Not sure if I should do that.

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:03 pm

Do it.
So many neons so little time.

Nutmeg
2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:05 pm

invujerry wrote:Do it.
:withstupid:

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:13 pm

If you want lots of heatsoak and cooling issues, do it.
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:39 pm

Well I HAVE the tool already, so why would I buy a second one? Mox you really think there would be that much of a heat increase?
FEEDBACK

MoxHair
2GN Member

Post by MoxHair » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:44 pm

yes, the SRT engineers made the front grill opening larger for a reason, and when they still had cooling issues they added the nostrils. Heat soak is a sumbitch.

Jason (Diablo0) has melted his window cowl because of the underhood temps.

Turbocharge cars are all about keeping temps down, and with an 02 or whatever front end you're going to really reduce the surface area for cooler ambient air to go across the intercooler, radiator, engine bay etc.
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:53 pm

In that case you could always roll like a Honda-

FEEDBACK

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:38 am

Well my tool got stripped to hell because it sucks ass.
Thats the reason. The metals are different and it stripped the hell out of the tool causing it not to work anymore on my tuner lugs.

AJ did the nostril mod to my hood scoop. I noticed its cooler when I pop the hood open after driving the car for a bit. Ususally its really hot but its REALLY did help.

I am just gonna keep the SRT-4 front. The 02 R/T looks way better but I am all about function over looks. (In most cases :lol:)

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:12 am

Paint the cross hairs black then.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:13 pm

invujerry wrote:Paint the cross hairs black then.
:supergay:

My car does not want a mustache. [-(

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:52 pm

Cut it out, do something with that front.

yellowpatrol
2GN Member

Post by yellowpatrol » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:23 pm

invujerry wrote:Cut it out, do something with that front.
Like this?

FEEDBACK

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:29 pm

yellowpatrol wrote:
invujerry wrote:Cut it out, do something with that front.
Like this?

:wtf:

LMAO

I totally missed this post!!!!

I don't mind the crosshairs, even though they are on almost all dodges.

On another note, I got ByVampDesigns LED side marker lights. ($20) And a LED V1 tag light. ($5) The V2, was $20!!! So I settled with the V1.

I had problems with the drivers side light because it would not light up, so I moved the bulb around a bit and got it at an angle where it will work, still BS though. Gonna try to get another one from him.

Before
After

Before
After
(After pictures were taken half ass, so they didn't show up as well.

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:55 pm

I really like the way his V2 License plate light illuminates but if only I could find out what bulb it is...I guarantee you could get it way cheaper than that. Got any pictures further away with the new sidemarkers? I like that look on Silver.

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:16 pm

Yeah seriously. $25 plus shipping for 3 little LED plug and play bulbs... Yeah the V2 is bright, but man its $20!!!! I just wanted to get rid of that nasty yellow haze crap. Let me know if you ever find out more info about the bulbs and cang et them cheaper! I will get some night pictures.Hopefully that drivers side one stays lit. :roll:

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

Return to “Progress/Project Log”