LionheartedSXT's Log: Got a lot of work done, Pic Heavy!!!

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:29 pm

When are you going to throw that mag VC on there? Are you painting/powdercoating it first?
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:32 pm

Yea I am painting it. And I am doing the design and color the same way for the valve cover as on the injector cover. I have already started the mag cover but I messed up a little bit, so I am just waiting to get some free time so I can sand some of it down and then I can repaint it again...
-Chad
MoxHair wrote:pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Its all smoke and mirrors.
- Project Log
- Feedback

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:42 pm

So far, so good :thumbup:

Ummm...you really need this though...

Part #4891410AB...MSRP $19.95 (hint-H.O. injector cover :twisted: )
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:44 pm

^^^ lol Idk I felt weird putting a High output one on there being that I don't have a mag head or for that matter any components that make up an r/t besides the IM. That is why I chose that injector cover.
-Chad
MoxHair wrote:pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Its all smoke and mirrors.
- Project Log
- Feedback

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:07 pm

Ah, gotya. Well I can't fault you there. The IM does look good sitting there though!

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:43 pm

Thanks man! I would consider doing it again, on someone elses car :twisted:
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:35 pm

Ahh its good being back from school and having a good break. So since I am home I decided to give my car a really good wash and wax since I haven't done it in a while. So here are some shots of my car in the driveway.

And here is a close-up of the rear discs that I promised!

-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

thttxboy
2GN Member

Post by thttxboy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:00 pm

Looks good man. Glad to see the rear disc on, did you have any issues at all??? Keep it up car looks clean.

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:05 am

Hey thanks man. The only issue I believe we came across during the install was putting the new ebrake cables in. We forgot to put something through that gear shaped looking thing on the ebrake to make sure that the cable can reach the clip thing that holds the cables if you know what I am talking about. But other than that everything was straight-forward.
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

Speeder
2GN Member

Post by Speeder » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:13 pm

Where did you source the parts for the rear disc convertion
-Adam
2010 Jeep Liberty
2003 Dodge Neon SXT ATX SOLD :mopar: :eekdance:

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:49 pm

This is a definite mod you should all do if you haven't already. I saw this done on OB's neon so I decided to try it. It is the TB wire relocation, where you just tuck the wires under the IM. It makes the engine bay look a lot cleaner and it is super easy, just some food for thought if your looking for some easy mod to do if your bored, I personally think it looks ten times better :D

Speeder- I actually got them from a guy on ebay. He lived close enough for me to come pick them up. He claimed for them to have 28,000 or so miles on the parts. They were the entire rear suspension assembly from and srt. I just had the rotors machined and cleaned up all the other parts.
Last edited by LionheartedSXT on Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

sullivan
2GN Member

Post by sullivan » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:59 pm

clean car man.. white FTW!
My AIM Username is sullivan_is_back@hotmail.com (yes @hotmail.com)

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks Sullivan!
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

Speeder
2GN Member

Post by Speeder » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:19 pm

i like the painted IM it dress up the otherwise black engine bay
-Adam
2010 Jeep Liberty

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:18 pm

Thanks, since the stock color on the IM was a dull silver, I wanted it to stand out a little more so I used some enamel paint. I have a couple more stuff to dress up the engine bay, such as a magnum valve cover that I will be painting the same color as the fuel injector cover, just have to find some time to do it.
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:52 am

Good call on the throttle cable relocate. I did that to mine as well. Not only does it look so much better, it removes that last bend before the TB. The straighter the path, the smoother the cable will move :thumbup:

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Thanks Dante, yea that bend was bothering me every time I opened up the hood. And on top of that that stupid clip that holds it on the radiator hose and the fact that it was rubbing and removing the paint on my brand new IM. So that definitely had to get taken care of. But thanks again for the props! :rockon:
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:11 pm

Try having the cable run across the manifold from the factory. My manifold runner had a groove in it from the cable :shock:

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:09 am

:shock: Damn, that really sucks! The outside part protecting the cable started wearing away before any serious blemishes could be seen on the IM...Thank goodness :)

Speaking of manifolds, when will you get yours finished?? I'm still waiting to be dazzled :cussing:
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:38 am

Check out my latest post in my project log :thumbup:

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Latest Update:

Here is one of my latest projects coming up. Mag valve cover from ZeroChad and AGP solid MM. I am not finished with the valve cover yet, as I will have it color matched to the injector cover that you can view on the previous page.

As for the other upcoming projects that may be going into effect are the valve cover of course, and with that I will be eliminating the vac line going to the intake and placing a breather on the VC and capping off the intake. But my next project is a retrofit. That will go down as soon as I get the money for it. I will be using E46 bmw projectors with the D2s HID kit. Also I am considering test fitting the stock srt intercooler on the car just to have it done.
Last edited by LionheartedSXT on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:12 am

Why did you paint the bushing on the solid mounts? They pop right out. Or did you tape them or put something on them that I just can't see? They'll look really sweet once you get them in the car, but if you didn't tape the bushing off, it will flake on you :(

Retrofits rock :)

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:41 pm

I actually did not know that :slap: :tardbang: I figured they were in there solid lol. Yea I did paint them, oh well. Is it still possible to take them out still so I can I just chip off some of the paint so it won't flake? :cussing:

What kind of retrofits are you doing lsp?
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:11 pm

Well its all good now, I took the bushings out and chipped off the paint. I might just spray the mounts themselves one more time cuz I chipped some paint off them while I was removing the bushings...
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

supertrick_05
2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:12 pm

Lookin good dude! I do suggest you get the CLK tails...they would look SOOOO good on your car! Not a big fan of those current ones.
-Brodie
2002 Dodge Neon ACR - Needs LOTS of love, but I'm gonna slowly get her to where she deserves to be :)

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:36 pm

Thanks! I couldn't find the ones that you are talking about but I personally did these tails because they are different not a lot of people have them or like them, but I personally favor them over the others.
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:59 am

Had a lil fun last nite in otown. Met up with dbesade.

Cars side to side

Dave showin off lol

Front end shots with turns sigs on

Car's back to back, this one is fresh

And bottom shot, showing the body design
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

Speeder
2GN Member

Post by Speeder » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:03 pm

nice pic
-Adam
2010 Jeep Liberty

neonslg09
2GN Veteran

Post by neonslg09 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:23 pm

I want this project up and moving again! All the way on page 5 lmfao.

I love white neons. I want this one to do big things!

LionheartedSXT
2GN Member

Post by LionheartedSXT » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:41 pm

lol I hate you. bumping it up from the grave, i'm not ready yet hahaha. Only update I got is I'm waiting for a new radiator :(
-Chad
- Project Log
- Feedback

Return to “Progress/Project Log”