SRT Project: 1/04/2015 - Daily Driver Retirement!!!

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran
Posts: 12206
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:49 pm
Location: RI

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri May 01, 2009 8:23 am

I love my Mopar clutch, it sucks that they discontinued it. You could still get one of them if that's what you really wanted. I never cared for the feel of the clutchmasters clutches, and have known of way too many that blew on people. Then again these are also people that drag their cars. If I didn't get the Mopar I was going with the ACT Street clutch because street clutches will last you longer than a clutch intended for the strip. It has similar feel to the Mopar.

measy27
2GN Member
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: Chicopee,Ma

Post by measy27 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:11 am

I have the ACT street and it is an awesome streetclutch.. Never drove an srt with the mopar, but based on what crystal said, thay are pretty similar.. The act has a damn near stock pedal feel and its not crazy agressive. I love it..
'06 Nissan Murano S AWD

User avatar
dbesade
2GN Member
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:14 am
Location: FL | OR
Contact:

Post by dbesade » Fri May 01, 2009 3:18 pm

Passt: I was interested in a cutout but since I am lazy I want the electric cutout. I'm thinking about picking up the electric cutout MPX Sells and cutting into the cheap QTP Downpipe and welding the 2 together and have a fairly cheap Cutout and 3" DP.

LSP: Yeah I know but I don't have the cash this instant, would be around a month and I don't know how long the few that are left in the sales channels will last. Based on what you and Measy have said about the ACT Street Clutch, I believe I will likely buy that clutch if I can't find the Mopar.

Measy: Thanks for the additional feedback. How goes the conversion I haven't checked your project page out in a while?
Image
Project Log
2gn Feedback

1976 AMC/Jeep CJ7 w/304 CID V8
2005 Orange Blast Dodge Neon SRT-4 w/2.4T L4 Stage 2 w/Toys

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran
Posts: 12206
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:49 pm
Location: RI

Post by LilSparkPlug » Fri May 01, 2009 10:02 pm

Honestly if I didn't get the Mopar at employee discount I may well have purchased the ACT. I've driven cars with both and they are very similar. I would have to go against the lightweight flywheel though, especially on a DD. Keep it stock in that respect unless racing is your priority. Best of luck with whichever you choose.

User avatar
dbesade
2GN Member
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:14 am
Location: FL | OR
Contact:

Rear End Collision

Post by dbesade » Sun May 24, 2009 2:57 am

Hey everyone,

Today, Chad (Lionheartedsxt) and I were on the way to the Junk Yard to pick up a few interior pieces. The car in front of me (I was 3 or 4 car lengths behind) slammed on the brakes, I was successful in stopping in time. The car behind me, a Silver 2001 Toyota Celica was unable to stop. The kid wasn't paying attention and locked up his brakes ... he slammed into the rear of my Skittle at around 30 to 40MPH.

I don't have any pictures at the moment but they are coming soon. The Skittle is going to be okay, no frame damage. The Celica hit my driver side exhaust tip ... the 4" Borla Exhaust left a ring on his bumper and there is obvious damage to his car. To make things worse, he was driving on a suspended license!

The damage I am concerned about is the Downpipe, O2 Housing and Turbofold. Since the brunt of the hit was taken by the exhaust, I believe these components could be damaged as the whole cat back moved about an 1" forward. I am also concerned with the Exhaust Manifold bolts on the head being damaged or stretched. The car will need a full alignment as well.

Could have been worse.

Oh god I hurt ... so sore!
Image
Project Log
2gn Feedback

1976 AMC/Jeep CJ7 w/304 CID V8
2005 Orange Blast Dodge Neon SRT-4 w/2.4T L4 Stage 2 w/Toys

User avatar
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran
Posts: 11649
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:46 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: Rear End Collision

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sun May 24, 2009 11:36 am

dbesade wrote:Hey everyone,

Today, Chad (Lionheartedsxt) and I were on the way to the Junk Yard to pick up a few interior pieces. The car in front of me (I was 3 or 4 car lengths behind) slammed on the brakes, I was successful in stopping in time. The car behind me, a Silver 2001 Toyota Celica was unable to stop. The kid wasn't paying attention and locked up his brakes ... he slammed into the rear of my Skittle at around 30 to 40MPH.

I don't have any pictures at the moment but they are coming soon. The Skittle is going to be okay, no frame damage. The Celica hit my driver side exhaust tip ... the 4" Borla Exhaust left a ring on his bumper and there is obvious damage to his car. To make things worse, he was driving on a suspended license!

The damage I am concerned about is the Downpipe, O2 Housing and Turbofold. Since the brunt of the hit was taken by the exhaust, I believe these components could be damaged as the whole cat back moved about an 1" forward. I am also concerned with the Exhaust Manifold bolts on the head being damaged or stretched. The car will need a full alignment as well.

Could have been worse.

Oh god I hurt ... so sore!
Damn sorry to hear that!
Hope that kid driving with the suspended liscense gets to eat crow on this one.

Good point about your exhaust/turbo system.. Hope all is well. Haqve it inspected and of course you shouldn't ahve to pay for that,.

08 Acura TL-S
05 Neon SRT-4

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran
Posts: 12206
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:49 pm
Location: RI

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sun May 24, 2009 2:21 pm

People who aren't paying attention FTL! As long as the skittle wasn't damaged too bad and no one in your car was hurt it will all work out. I doubt the exhaust manifold bolts would be harmed, but the rear section of the exhaust is a huge possibility.

contagious18
2010 Silver Contributor
Posts: 2420
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:18 pm
Location: Stockton, CA

Post by contagious18 » Sun May 24, 2009 3:19 pm

damn sucks,
Antagonist crew| Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000031
Image
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2569968
http://contagious209.mybrute.com

User avatar
dbesade
2GN Member
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:14 am
Location: FL | OR
Contact:

Post by dbesade » Sun May 24, 2009 6:53 pm

Update:

Yeah everything could have been worse, exhaust looks damaged including the downpipe.

On another note went to the Junkyard today and picked up 2 A Pillars, the Visor Clip and some other stuff. Got a spare A Pillar to mount my Gauge pod without being scared of screwing up my original.

Oh and FS Thread!

viewtopic.php?p=583187#583187
Image
Project Log
2gn Feedback

1976 AMC/Jeep CJ7 w/304 CID V8
2005 Orange Blast Dodge Neon SRT-4 w/2.4T L4 Stage 2 w/Toys

measy27
2GN Member
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: Chicopee,Ma

Post by measy27 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:31 am

dbesade wrote:Passt: I was interested in a cutout but since I am lazy I want the electric cutout. I'm thinking about picking up the electric cutout MPX Sells and cutting into the cheap QTP Downpipe and welding the 2 together and have a fairly cheap Cutout and 3" DP.

LSP: Yeah I know but I don't have the cash this instant, would be around a month and I don't know how long the few that are left in the sales channels will last. Based on what you and Measy have said about the ACT Street Clutch, I believe I will likely buy that clutch if I can't find the Mopar.

Measy: Thanks for the additional feedback. How goes the conversion I haven't checked your project page out in a while?
Its gettin there. All i need is the lip and paint.. Other than that its about 90% finished..
'06 Nissan Murano S AWD

User avatar
hansken_yo
2GN Veteran
Posts: 5148
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:54 am
Location: Washington

Post by hansken_yo » Tue May 26, 2009 9:25 am

Shit man that sucks. This guy was driving with a suspended license? DO NOT go easy on him. Make sure that your back and neck needs are FULLY taken care of (a mistake I've been learning the hard way for the better part of a decade).

Get well, and get her tip top again :thumbup:
Image
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

User avatar
dbesade
2GN Member
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:14 am
Location: FL | OR
Contact:

Update: 6/2/2009 - Picture!

Post by dbesade » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:35 am

Image

Well Here is the update. I found a local SRT Owner who totaled his car and was selling the RB1 Navigation Radio. Now to piss everyone off ... ... I got it for $180 and that included the RB1, Nav DVD, Antenna, and the 6 Disc CD Changer, Cable for the Changer, and Bezel. I already had a 6 Disc changer so I didn't need that stuff. But dude, $180!

Picture shows my Toys Bezel and the RB1. I have the Gatorback timing belt, waterpump with Metal Impeller and I am just figuring out which Tensioner to get and I will be doing the timing belt.

I am still waiting on the Insurance to pay me out but I am going to be replacing my Mopar/Borla Exhaust thats damaged with a catless MPX 3" Turbo back.
Image
Project Log
2gn Feedback

1976 AMC/Jeep CJ7 w/304 CID V8
2005 Orange Blast Dodge Neon SRT-4 w/2.4T L4 Stage 2 w/Toys

glasswars
2GN Veteran
Posts: 5476
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: NNJ

Post by glasswars » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:42 am

wow sooooooooooo jealous right now. i want a rb1 so bad. are you gonna get an ipod adapter for it?
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:48 am
Location: Waterford works ,NJ

Post by Fuzzyneon » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:46 am

hate you but looking good man RB1 is my dream HU
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien



User avatar
dbesade
2GN Member
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:14 am
Location: FL | OR
Contact:

Post by dbesade » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:37 am

glasswars wrote:wow sooooooooooo jealous right now. i want a rb1 so bad. are you gonna get an ipod adapter for it?
I plan to yeah, however, I have other priorities at the moment with the car. This deal just kinda happened out of nowhere. It really is an Awesome Headunit. I love it already.

Fuzzyneon:
Hey man you got my Side Skirts and Front/rear lip remember from way back when I had my Neon SXT? I gave you a KILLER deal on those, this is Karma coming back my way~
Image
Project Log
2gn Feedback

1976 AMC/Jeep CJ7 w/304 CID V8
2005 Orange Blast Dodge Neon SRT-4 w/2.4T L4 Stage 2 w/Toys

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran
Posts: 12206
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:49 pm
Location: RI

Post by LilSparkPlug » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:04 am

Love the RB1.....amazing :)

Fuzzyneon
2009 Silver Contributor
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:48 am
Location: Waterford works ,NJ

Post by Fuzzyneon » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:42 pm

dbesade wrote:
glasswars wrote:wow sooooooooooo jealous right now. i want a rb1 so bad. are you gonna get an ipod adapter for it?
I plan to yeah, however, I have other priorities at the moment with the car. This deal just kinda happened out of nowhere. It really is an Awesome Headunit. I love it already.

Fuzzyneon:
Hey man you got my Side Skirts and Front/rear lip remember from way back when I had my Neon SXT? I gave you a KILLER deal on those, this is Karma coming back my way~
oh man! lol that was a long time ago
Member of Spork Racing
2002 Dodge Neon
Frankenstien



User avatar
dbesade
2GN Member
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:14 am
Location: FL | OR
Contact:

Post by dbesade » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:03 pm

Fuzzyneon wrote:
dbesade wrote:
glasswars wrote:wow sooooooooooo jealous right now. i want a rb1 so bad. are you gonna get an ipod adapter for it?
I plan to yeah, however, I have other priorities at the moment with the car. This deal just kinda happened out of nowhere. It really is an Awesome Headunit. I love it already.

Fuzzyneon:
Hey man you got my Side Skirts and Front/rear lip remember from way back when I had my Neon SXT? I gave you a KILLER deal on those, this is Karma coming back my way~
oh man! lol that was a long time ago
Haha I'm glad you remembered :-)
Image
Project Log
2gn Feedback

1976 AMC/Jeep CJ7 w/304 CID V8
2005 Orange Blast Dodge Neon SRT-4 w/2.4T L4 Stage 2 w/Toys

User avatar
Danteneon
Former Moderator
Posts: 9591
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:13 pm
Location: Manassas, VA

Post by Danteneon » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:36 pm

Gratz man! That is a sweet deal. And you'll love it. How do I know?

Image

Call it a hunch... :roll:
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

Image

User avatar
dbesade
2GN Member
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:14 am
Location: FL | OR
Contact:

Post by dbesade » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:17 am

Danteneon wrote:Gratz man! That is a sweet deal. And you'll love it. How do I know?

Image

Call it a hunch... :roll:
Interesting ... yours says "DVD" in the upper left hand corner and mine doesn't. When did you get yours?

-Dave
Image
Project Log
2gn Feedback

1976 AMC/Jeep CJ7 w/304 CID V8
2005 Orange Blast Dodge Neon SRT-4 w/2.4T L4 Stage 2 w/Toys

measy27
2GN Member
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: Chicopee,Ma

Post by measy27 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:28 am

Nice.. Id love to have one of those..
'06 Nissan Murano S AWD

User avatar
Danteneon
Former Moderator
Posts: 9591
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:13 pm
Location: Manassas, VA

Post by Danteneon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:41 am

dbesade wrote:Interesting ... yours says "DVD" in the upper left hand corner and mine doesn't. When did you get yours?

-Dave
Hmmm, I didn't notice that. I got it recently, but mine is a slightly newer unit I think. I don't know the history on it or what car it came out of however. The next time I have it out I'll check the date stamp.

Oh, and the DVD label doesn't mean anything different. They still work the same. Also, check the part # on the nav disc and see what level the disc is. The part # will end in an "AA", "AB", etc. The newest level is "AH" I think. anything older than "AF" won't work much longer. Its $210.00 for the upgraded discs :(
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

Image

User avatar
dbesade
2GN Member
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:14 am
Location: FL | OR
Contact:

Post by dbesade » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:44 am

Danteneon wrote:
dbesade wrote:Interesting ... yours says "DVD" in the upper left hand corner and mine doesn't. When did you get yours?

-Dave
Hmmm, I didn't notice that. I got it recently, but mine is a slightly newer unit I think. I don't know the history on it or what car it came out of however. The next time I have it out I'll check the date stamp.

Oh, and the DVD label doesn't mean anything different. They still work the same. Also, check the part # on the nav disc and see what level the disc is. The part # will end in an "AA", "AB", etc. The newest level is "AH" I think. anything older than "AF" won't work much longer. Its $210.00 for the upgraded discs :(
I have the "AD" Disc. What do you mean it won't work much longer?
Image
Project Log
2gn Feedback

1976 AMC/Jeep CJ7 w/304 CID V8
2005 Orange Blast Dodge Neon SRT-4 w/2.4T L4 Stage 2 w/Toys

User avatar
Danteneon
Former Moderator
Posts: 9591
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:13 pm
Location: Manassas, VA

Post by Danteneon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:19 pm

The system can "read" the letter level of the disc you are using and will eventually stop working. It will give a "Unable to read disc" error. Sad but true. We have sold about 10 discs since last September. The oldest one was a "AC".
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

Image

User avatar
dbesade
2GN Member
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:14 am
Location: FL | OR
Contact:

Update!

Post by dbesade » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:13 am

Hey everyone,

I would like to take a little bit of time to recap the mods on my Skittle, Lacie, before continuing on:

* Mopar Stage 2 w/Toys (Intercooler Sprayer not installed)
* AGP Wastegate Setup for PCM Controlled Boost
* Mopar STS
* Chrysler RB1 Navigation Headunit
* Injen SRI
* Autometer 30/30 Boost Gauge
* Mopar/Borla 2.5" Catback

I know its a short list but also remember that shit part of all this:

* Accident last year because a kid left a trashcan in the road. Caused my passenger Window, Side Mirror, and lots of paint had to be replaced.

* Accident last month, I was rear-ended at a dead stop, the other car was going around 40 MPH when they hit. This caused damange obviously to the bumper and exhaust. This insurance company has paid to have the bumper refinished, an Alignment, mechanical inspection, and a new exhaust setup.

Here is a short Video I took yesterday of the Mopar/Borla Exhaust for the buyer:
Image

You can't really see the damage though. Thats alright. Car gets dropped off Tuesday for the Bumper and Alignment. I also ordered a Brand New Exhaust today: 3" MPx Single Outlet TBE. I also ordered the 3" O2 Housing and the setup doesn't have a Cat.

I figured the lack of a Cat is not a big deal, I still have my stock Catback and when this goes on I will have the original O2, Downpipe and Catback, so if I ever need to toss it back on at least I have it.

I am also planning to order the Timing Belt Tensioner so I can do my timing belt soon.

Thats all for now, Install Photo's and video will come soon hopefully.
Image
Project Log
2gn Feedback

1976 AMC/Jeep CJ7 w/304 CID V8
2005 Orange Blast Dodge Neon SRT-4 w/2.4T L4 Stage 2 w/Toys

measy27
2GN Member
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: Chicopee,Ma

Post by measy27 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:42 am

Nice.. I miss that exhaust on my car..
'06 Nissan Murano S AWD

User avatar
dbesade
2GN Member
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:14 am
Location: FL | OR
Contact:

Post by dbesade » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:48 am

measy27 wrote:Nice.. I miss that exhaust on my car..
Which Exhaust? Mopar/Borla or the Single Exit MPx 3"?
Image
Project Log
2gn Feedback

1976 AMC/Jeep CJ7 w/304 CID V8
2005 Orange Blast Dodge Neon SRT-4 w/2.4T L4 Stage 2 w/Toys

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran
Posts: 12206
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:49 pm
Location: RI

Post by LilSparkPlug » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:13 am

Glad to see you're finally getting it fixed! And getting mods out of the deal :D

User avatar
dbesade
2GN Member
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:14 am
Location: FL | OR
Contact:

Post by dbesade » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:29 am

LilSparkPlug wrote:Glad to see you're finally getting it fixed! And getting mods out of the deal :D
Indeed. The damage isn't a big deal, however, it drives me crazy every time I see it. I'm also glad I got my Mopar/Borla sold before I even ordered the other exhaust.

-Dave
Image
Project Log
2gn Feedback

1976 AMC/Jeep CJ7 w/304 CID V8
2005 Orange Blast Dodge Neon SRT-4 w/2.4T L4 Stage 2 w/Toys

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran
Posts: 12206
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:49 pm
Location: RI

Post by LilSparkPlug » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:31 am

Yeah you made out like a bandit in that situation.

Post Reply

Return to “Progress/Project Log”